No more incompletes for Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's biased when you don't consider who is throwing them the ball. I would rather have the Rams WRs than what Brady had in NE last year.
I'd rather have ours too (except I'd take Gronkowski over Cook), and Brady's a special talent (puke), but let's not try to give him credit where it's only sparsely due. He struggled hard when he was forced to use rookies and 2nd year guys (not unlike Bradford). His QB rating through his first 8 games with those guys was 76.25 with 9 TDs and 6 Ints. That's not because he's a shitty QB. That's because his receivers weren't on the same page with him yet. I really don't understand how people (not necessarily you) can gloss over the correlation. When was the last time Bradford had receivers with tenure at his disposal who were on the same page with him all the time? Amendola? Okay. That's Brady with Edelman. His only real threat last year. The Patriots won a lot of games while Brady was struggling. When he got Gronkowski back (and while playing in that weak division), he started to do much better. And it bears repeating that they still had a top 10 defense. Look at how they dismantled the Ravens 41-7. Brady threw for 172 yards and one TD in that game.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I'd rather have ours too (except I'd take Gronkowski over Cook), and Brady's a special talent (puke), but let's not try to give him credit where it's only sparsely due. He struggled hard when he was forced to use rookies and 2nd year guys (not unlike Bradford). His QB rating through his first 8 games with those guys was 76.25 with 9 TDs and 6 Ints. That's not because he's a crappy QB. That's because his receivers weren't on the same page with him yet. I really don't understand how people (not necessarily you) can gloss over the correlation. When was the last time Bradford had receivers with tenure at his disposal who were on the same page with him all the time? Amendola? Okay. That's Brady with Edelman. His only real threat last year. The Patriots won a lot of games while Brady was struggling. When he got Gronkowski back (and while playing in that weak division), he started to do much better. And it bears repeating that they still had a top 10 defense. Look at how they dismantled the Ravens 41-7. Brady threw for 172 yards and one TD in that game.
Agree with all that.

The question I have is do we expect the Rams D and running game to be as good or better than NE? I think so. And our STs too.

And they are one of the SB favorites with worse WRs than us.

So how should we not expect at least a winning season?

An argument can be made that the Rams have more talent than NE in every department, including WR, with the only exception being TE and QB.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Agree with all that.

The question I have is do we expect the Rams D and running game to be as good or better than NE? I think so. And our STs too.

An argument can be made that the Rams have more talent than NE in every department, including WR, with the only exception being TE and QB.

Remind me what division they play in again?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Agree with all that.

I hate you. You're making me praise New England.

I'd put a good deal of stock in their QB, but moreso in their coaching. For years now they've been prepared for everyone they face and that team is always in a position to succeed based on the game plan going in. I think you're right in that *individually* we match up very well. But as a functional unit, they're light years ahead. We're makings strides since Fisher first took over a mere 2 years ago, but there's still a ways to go before we become the well-oiled machine they're been for well over a decade now. They've had "The Patriot Way" in place since the late 90's. We're in our infancy as it relates to "The Rams Way."

ausmurp

Starter
I would rather have our WRs from last yr too but ONLY BC of tavon. Brady is a great example of exactly what I was saying - the WRs do affect the QBs play as we saw in the great Brady last yr. I think most intelligent fans of NFL in general would agree - just as you did when Brady was brought up. Regardless of all of this, as I said, the injuries are no excuse for Bradford any more. He has to stat healthy the rest of his career. He started out like Stafford but even Stafford has stayed healthy. Maybe Bradford should talk to him and see what he did to avoid injury after almost being labeled an injury prone bust...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No offense to anyone but I'm bored with this. I think we are going to talk in circles until it turns Bulger. So you guys have at it and just remain civil. It's a good discussion between all of you, I have just said everything I can about the subject.

Cheers guys.

Turns Bulger hahahahaha.......

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hate you. You're making me praise New England.

I'd put a good deal of stock in their QB, but moreso in their coaching. For years now they've been prepared for everyone they face and that team is always in a position to succeed based on the game plan going in. I think you're right in that *individually* we match up very well. But as a functional unit, they're light years ahead. We're makings strides since Fisher first took over a mere 2 years ago, but there's still a ways to go before we become the well-oiled machine they're been for well over a decade now. They've had "The Patriot Way" in place since the late 90's. We're in our infancy as it relates to "The Rams Way."

The thing with NE is that Brady allows them to play different types of O. He can do the vertical thing, the conservative thing, the WCO type of thing and any other thing because he is that good. So that flexibility allows the coaches to change more than most coaches have the ability to. A lot of what the coaches can do is related to what Brady is capable of doing. They can game plan around any type of defense.

By himself he gives the coaches a wider array of opportunity than almost any other QB in the NFL. Only the truly elite, meaning top 3 or 4 , offer that.

It's like having Faulk or a player like that (TThomas of the Bills back in the day is what made the K-Gun O work), it adds ways to hurt the defense.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd rather have ours too (except I'd take Gronkowski over Cook), and Brady's a special talent (puke), but let's not try to give him credit where it's only sparsely due. He struggled hard when he was forced to use rookies and 2nd year guys (not unlike Bradford). His QB rating through his first 8 games with those guys was 76.25 with 9 TDs and 6 Ints. That's not because he's a crappy QB. That's because his receivers weren't on the same page with him yet. I really don't understand how people (not necessarily you) can gloss over the correlation. When was the last time Bradford had receivers with tenure at his disposal who were on the same page with him all the time? Amendola? Okay. That's Brady with Edelman. His only real threat last year. The Patriots won a lot of games while Brady was struggling. When he got Gronkowski back (and while playing in that weak division), he started to do much better. And it bears repeating that they still had a top 10 defense. Look at how they dismantled the Ravens 41-7. Brady threw for 172 yards and one TD in that game.

The Patsies are harolded as a good team because they play in a crappy division and an average conference. Have you seen their schedule? It ticks me off, really.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'll have to get back to ya on that. I remembered the stats from my article on Pass Differential. I remember if figured out what Sam Bradford's YDS/A would have been if the Rams led the league with the fewest drops. And it increased his YDA/A by .4 yards per pass. What's your source?

How can any Rams fan...whom at the very least watch's every game week end and week out, not see that dropped passes are a major issue...and have been for several years.

Last edited: