NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I couldn't imagine breaking a kids arm at any age. But a 3 year old? He better hope he fell down with the kid and it was an accident. Because if he lost his temper, that dude had no business making babies. The best way to discipline a kid that age is to put him in a high chair and face it in the corner for a while. My kids woulda rather had a spanking than that. They're adults now and they told me when I spanked them they had to try not to laugh because they could barely feel it. I guess my heart wasn't in it.

Ram65

Legend
I think Kap should have gotten a lot more money. Reid a little more money.

Glad it is over.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26456527/bengals-waive-rb-walton-following-3rd-arrest

The Cincinnati Bengals waived Mark Walton on Saturday after the running back was arrested for the third time this offseason earlier in the week.

"It's important for our team to get off to a fresh start as we begin the 2019 season," coach Zac Taylor said in a statement. "For that reason, we felt it best if we move forward without Mark Walton. We hope his situation gets resolved, but we don't want to take anything away from the good work that so many other players have already begun to demonstrate."

Bengals RB Walton facing charges for 3rd time
Bengals running back Mark Walton was subdued with a stun gun by police and arrested for a third time this year following an incident in March. He faces four charges, including a felony for carrying a concealed weapon.

Walton surrendered to police on Thursday and is facing a felony charge of carrying a concealed weapon along with three misdemeanor charges: resisting an officer without violence, marijuana possession and reckless driving.

These charges stem from a March 12 incident in Miami. The Miami Herald reported that police officers attempted to pull Walton over because they said he was speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. Walton pulled his car over in front of a house, and officers ordered him to the ground as he was exiting the car. Walton began to run and was subdued with a stun gun, but he dislodged the prongs and escaped, according to the report.

Officers reportedly searched the car and found 14 grams of marijuana and a legally purchased 9 millimeter carbine rifle with ammunition.

Mark Walton has been waived by the Bengals after being arrested three times this offseason. Ian Johnson/Icon Sportswire
Walton was previously charged with battery on Feb. 16 and misdemeanor possession of marijuana on Jan. 16.

Walton, 22, was selected by the Bengals out of Miami in the fourth round of the 2018 draft. He played mostly on special teams and carried the ball only 14 times last season, rushing for 34 yards, an average of 2.4 yards per carry.

End of his short career. Resisting arrest, drugs, etc. He isn't good enough for another team to give him a chance.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...g-arrested-following-traffic-stop-in-florida/

Jaguars star Leonard Fournette facing two charges after being arrested following traffic stop in Florida
Fournette's license was suspended due to an unpaid speeding ticket from November

Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette was arrested in Florida on Thursday following a traffic stop in Jacksonville.

According to a police report from the incident, Fournette was arrested for knowingly driving with a suspended license. According to New4 in Jacksonville, Fournette's license was suspended in March due to the fact that he had never paid off a speeding ticket that he had received in November. The Jaguars running back was given a citation on Nov. 17 after police clocked him going 37 mph in an area where the speed limit was just 25 mph.

After Thursday's arrest, Fournette posted a $1,508 bond and was released after just 24 minutes in custody. In a statement, the Jaguars said they're aware of the incident.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars are aware of the situation involving running back Leonard Fournette and are continuing to gather more information," the team said. "No further comment will be provided at this time."

Fournette has had a rocky relationship with Jags over the past few months, and this arrest definitely isn't going to help. The former first-round pick missed eight games in 2018, with seven of those game coming due to injury and one of those games coming due to suspension. The running back was suspended for one game after getting into a fight with a Bills player in Week 12. When he returned from suspension in Week 14, things didn't get much better as he was caught on video telling a fan he was going to "beat his ass."

The Jaguars running back also got ripped by Tom Coughlin following the team's season finale against the Texans. Basically, Coughlin felt that Fournette looked completely disinterested while sitting on the bench during the Jags' 20-3 loss.

Fournette finished the 2018 season with just 439 rushing yards and five touchdowns, along with 185 receiving yards and one score through the air.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I'm glad too. The league did the right thing, and having emails and texts looked into would have just opened up many more cans of worms. Make no mistake they would have had to let investigators look all around, computers, cell phones and everywhere else.

I can't even imagine some of the shit these guys talk about with each other. I'm safe saying that there would be A LOT of embarrassing things surfacing.

Though reading Kraft's texts could be interesting. LOL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
KC may be forced to a selection of a WR in this Draft. Most would think it would have been a DE.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article228171354.html#storylink=cpy
Tyreek Hill’s son removed from parents’ custody amid battery, abuse investigation

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8826/tyreek-hill
More on Tyreek Hill

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
KC may be forced to a selection of a WR in this Draft. Most would think it would have been a DE.

Tyreek Hill’s son removed from parents’ custody amid battery, abuse investigation

More on Tyreek Hill

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

Somebody needs to snap this pos' arms and legs. Slowly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

More on Tyreek Hill

How fucked up is it, that a child cant feel safe with his parents.

This just hurts.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Who said money can't buy you love.

This often happens because the case will be impossible to prove.

But that doesn't mean it did (or didn't) happen, just that they don't feel like they can make enough of a case to convict.

It's a terrible thing because it's likely he did this, but a 3 year old can't really testify.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I suspect the NFL is still likely to suspend him. He will get the Zeke treatment.

He has no right to remain silent to the NFL commissioner. If the NFL really wanted to investigate - they could. But they just want to brush it under the rug and hope that no bad videos surface.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I suspect the NFL is still likely to suspend him. He will get the Zeke treatment.

He has no right to remain silent to the NFL commissioner. If the NFL really wanted to investigate - they could. But they just want to brush it under the rug and hope that no bad videos surface.

I totally disagree with you.

The NFL has far less ability to look into this type of thing that the DA's office, the police and other authorities. FAR LESS. They are a private company, not law enforcement.

Brushing it under the rug starts with the Chiefs, not the NFL.

If a video surfaces the NFL will come down on Hill with both feet. They have largely changed their punishment for DV to the point it sometimes ends careers.

They really don't brush it under the rug and haven't for some years now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has to be proven at the court level beyond a reasonable doubt - which is difficult without cooperating witnesses or video. "he was going to fall in a dangerous place so I grabbed his arm to protect him. I'm a professional athlete, I put a little too much strength into it because of adrenaline that my beloved son was in danger." Yeah, disprove that. He might be innocent in truth - but proving it either way is likely not possible.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

Yep. I think the NFL has plenty of evidence that Hill was involved in a situation that put a child at risk. He was either directly involved in the abuse of his child or his wife did it and he's not willing to cooperate with police. He won't get to hide when the NFL investigation comes for him for an explanation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I totally disagree with you.

The NFL has far less ability to look into this type of thing that the DA's office, the police and other authorities. FAR LESS. They are a private company, not law enforcement.

Brushing it under the rug starts with the Chiefs, not the NFL.

If a video surfaces the NFL will come down on Hill with both feet. They have largely changed their punishment for DV to the point it sometimes ends careers.

They really don't brush it under the rug and haven't for some years now.

Here is where I disagree. If the police or the DA want to talk to Hill, he has the right to remain silent. If the league wants to talk to him, and he refuses to answer their questions, they can hold that against him.

Private investigators can generally get to the truth a lot faster than the police can - usually not in a way that can be proven in a court of law - but the truth nonetheless.

I don’t see the NFL being tough on DV at all - unless there is a video.