NFL Arrests and Lawsuits - 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Patrick Ching, amirite?

Wait, do you guys have that slang in the states or is that a British one?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Tyreke be like

F80EF09D-E294-43F2-8C62-39150721D37A.png

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Not a big fan of the drug and i hate the pats but boy i dislike people getting arrested for personal drug use

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
NBC Sports has a little bit of her story.

If any of it is true, he’s done...and it sounds very plausible based on her account.

We’ll see. Not like I needed another reason to dislike Brown or the Pats.

Psycho_X

Legend
Geez, remember him briefly in St. Louis. Sounds like he needs to lay off the blow. Which shouldn't be hard in jail for the better part of his life.

Former Buffalo Bills lineman Justin Bannan has been arrested for attempted murder after he reportedly shot a woman in Boulder, Colorado on Wednesday, according to the Daily Camera.

Bannan allegedly shot a woman in the arm. The woman was transported to a local hospital and treated. Her injuries are not life threatening. Though Bannan knew the woman, Boulder police say the shooting was random. The two worked in the same building, though did not interact often.

The charges that Bannan, 40, faces include “attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault extreme indifference, first-degree assault with intent to cause serious bodily injury, and first-degree burglary,” police told the Daily Camera.

According to police, when they picked him up, Bannan said he didn’t mean to shoot the woman, and that he was hiding from the Russian mafia. Bannan was carrying two loaded handguns and a $20 bill that was coated in a white substance. That substance tested positive for cocaine, according to police.

Bannan attended the University of Colorado, and was selected in the fifth round of the 2002 NFL draft by the Bills. He went on to play 11 years in the NFL, also spending time with the Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams.

Bannan remains in custody, and is scheduled to have a bond hearing Thursday.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Haven't seen any arrests from active NFL players since the Antonio Brown saga ended. His breed of stupid must've tightened the screws on many to stay out of trouble :LOL:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Haven't seen any arrests from active NFL players since the Antonio Brown saga ended. His breed of stupid must've tightened the screws on many to stay out of trouble :LOL:

Trent Brown has a domestic violence lawsuit against him. Just saying...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Geez, remember him briefly in St. Louis. Sounds like he needs to lay off the blow. Which shouldn't be hard in jail for the better part of his life.

Former Buffalo Bills lineman Justin Bannan has been arrested for attempted murder after he reportedly shot a woman in Boulder, Colorado on Wednesday, according to the Daily Camera.

Bannan allegedly shot a woman in the arm. The woman was transported to a local hospital and treated. Her injuries are not life threatening. Though Bannan knew the woman, Boulder police say the shooting was random. The two worked in the same building, though did not interact often.

The charges that Bannan, 40, faces include “attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault extreme indifference, first-degree assault with intent to cause serious bodily injury, and first-degree burglary,” police told the Daily Camera.

According to police, when they picked him up, Bannan said he didn’t mean to shoot the woman, and that he was hiding from the Russian mafia. Bannan was carrying two loaded handguns and a $20 bill that was coated in a white substance. That substance tested positive for cocaine, according to police.

Bannan attended the University of Colorado, and was selected in the fifth round of the 2002 NFL draft by the Bills. He went on to play 11 years in the NFL, also spending time with the Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams.

Bannan remains in custody, and is scheduled to have a bond hearing Thursday.

I dunno if I really want to ask this question, but...

How can it be attempted first degree murder if there was no premeditation and no aggravating circumstances? first degree assault extreme indifference?

Dude was high and winged a lady. Of course, it's terrible.

That said, unless I'm missing something, that prosecutor is asking to lose a case.

Psycho_X

Legend
I dunno if I really want to ask this question, but...

How can it be attempted first degree murder if there was no premeditation and no aggravating circumstances? first degree assault extreme indifference?

Dude was high and winged a lady. Of course, it's terrible.

That said, unless I'm missing something, that prosecutor is asking to lose a case.

yeah I was wondering the same thing actually. Seemed a bit excessive unless this is just a poorly written story about what happened. Which would not surprise me.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Talk about a waste. What a POS.... I know this isn't new, but the plea deal saved his sorry ass from life in prison.

Ex-NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. takes plea deal in rape case
2:33 PM PT

VISTA, Calif. -- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty Monday to raping an unconscious teen and sexual battery involving a 54-year-old hitchhiker.
Winslow entered the pleas as he was about to be retried on two rape allegations in San Diego County Superior Court.
In exchange for his plea, the court agreed to sentence him to between 12 and 18 years in prison. He had faced life in prison if convicted of rape on multiple counts in the retrial.
In June, a jury found him guilty of raping a homeless woman in Encinitas, north of San Diego. Jurors also convicted him of two misdemeanors -- indecent exposure and a lewd act in public -- involving two other women.
But that jury failed to agree on other charges, including the alleged rape of the hitchhiker and the rape of the unconscious teen in 2003. Under the plea deal, the attack on the hitchhiker was reduced to sexual battery.
The 36-year-old former tight end -- at one point one of the highest-paid in the NFL -- had previously pleaded not guilty to the undecided charges. His attorney, Gretchen von Helms, had said the sex was consensual.
Five women took the witness stand this summer, and three of them were expected to testify again.
Defense attorneys attacked the credibility of the five women and pointed out inconsistencies in their stories in the first trial.
The court had planned to allow the new jury to hear that Winslow was convicted of raping the homeless woman, who would have been among those testifying again.
Jurors would also have been told about the indecent exposure conviction, though that woman was not expected to take the stand.
Winslow, who played for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England and the New York Jets, earned more than $40 million over 10 seasons in the NFL. He is the son of Chargers Hall of Fame receiver Kellen Winslow, who was in the courtroom throughout the first trial.
The defendant did not testify at his first trial.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Talk about a waste. What a POS.... I know this isn't new, but the plea deal saved his sorry ass from life in prison.

VISTA, Calif. -- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. pleaded guilty Monday to raping an unconscious teen and sexual battery involving a 54-year-old hitchhiker.
Winslow entered the pleas as he was about to be retried on two rape allegations in San Diego County Superior Court.
In exchange for his plea, the court agreed to sentence him to between 12 and 18 years in prison. He had faced life in prison if convicted of rape on multiple counts in the retrial.
In June, a jury found him guilty of raping a homeless woman in Encinitas, north of San Diego. Jurors also convicted him of two misdemeanors -- indecent exposure and a lewd act in public -- involving two other women.
But that jury failed to agree on other charges, including the alleged rape of the hitchhiker and the rape of the unconscious teen in 2003. Under the plea deal, the attack on the hitchhiker was reduced to sexual battery.
The 36-year-old former tight end -- at one point one of the highest-paid in the NFL -- had previously pleaded not guilty to the undecided charges. His attorney, Gretchen von Helms, had said the sex was consensual.
Five women took the witness stand this summer, and three of them were expected to testify again.
Defense attorneys attacked the credibility of the five women and pointed out inconsistencies in their stories in the first trial.
The court had planned to allow the new jury to hear that Winslow was convicted of raping the homeless woman, who would have been among those testifying again.
Jurors would also have been told about the indecent exposure conviction, though that woman was not expected to take the stand.
Winslow, who played for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England and the New York Jets, earned more than $40 million over 10 seasons in the NFL. He is the son of Chargers Hall of Fame receiver Kellen Winslow, who was in the courtroom throughout the first trial.

Hopefully... there will be some additional "justice and sentencing" provided to this complete POS while he is in jail that will make jail his final place on this planet. He is the lowest form of shit that there is.

This POS' repeated history of this kind of crime should be enough to keep him completely out of civilized society forever.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hopefully... there will be some additional "justice and sentencing" provided to this complete POS while he is in jail that will make jail his final place on this planet. He is the lowest form of shit that there is.

This POS' repeated history of this kind of crime should be enough to keep him completely out of civilized society forever.

I hope someone in prison kills him slowly. That bastard raped several elderly women. He's absolutely the lowest of the low - calling him shit is an egregious insult against all forms of shit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

A former NFL player who made 40 million dollars raping old ladies and An unconscious teen? Talk about throwing your life away. It would have been easier to see a therapist. It sounds like he has mommy issues, or a more serious mental issue. That's some messed up shit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ex-Seahawk Malik McDowell sentenced to 11 months in jail

Former Seattle Seahawks defensive lineman Malik McDowell has been sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years of probation after pleading guilty last month to a series of crimes earlier this year in Michigan, court records show.

As part of McDowell's sentencing Wednesday in Oakland County (Michigan) Circuit Court, a judge ordered him to write four essays in the next 90 days.

The 23-year-old McDowell never played a down for Seattle after injuring his head in an ATV accident in July 2017, three months after the Seahawks drafted him 35th overall out of Michigan State. He was arrested in February and charged with assault, resisting arrest and operating a vehicle while intoxicated after an incident in which he fought with two officers after a DUI stop. In April, he was found in possession of a stolen Ford F-150 Raptor, which led to a charge of receiving and concealing stolen property.

McDowell was sentenced to 153 days in jail over the incident with police and his second drunken driving offense, with credit for 66 days served, and another 244 days in jail for the stolen property offense.

According to the Oakland Press, McDowell apologized to his victims and others on Wednesday while vowing to abide by the law going forward.

"I'm doing everything I need to do, seeing all the doctors I need to, working out ... doing everything I can to get back to where I was, back to the NFL," McDowell said, according to the newspaper, and added that he's "very remorseful."

Judge Michael Warren ordered McDowell to write essays ranging from 750 to 1,000 words on finding meaning in life other than committing crimes, the importance of respecting the rule of law, the principles of the Declaration of Independence and how his behavior undermined them, and the importance of respecting property rights.

McDowell was previously sentenced to 12 months of probation stemming from a 2017 drunken driving incident in Royal Oak, Michigan. He was also arrested in December of that year on a disorderly conduct charge stemming from an incident at an Atlanta-area nightclub.

McDowell spent two seasons on the Seahawks' non-football injury list before being waived with an injury designation in March. The team filed a lawsuit against McDowell in May, seeking the repayment of nearly $800,000 in forfeited signing-bonus money.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Does anybody else every wonder what this world would be like if alcohol and drugs did not exist? I tell you this much, there would be a lot less heart break and we would not need as many prisons.