New Left Tackle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He’s been very good pass blocking. His run blocking is terrible. He rarely finds his assignment to block. On most plays he’s running in space or reaching a block with one arm.

That’s always been his problem. His run blocking at both guard and tackle look the same. He limits the playbook and is detrimental to the running game.
I don’t see him as a long term answer.
Kromer has another reserve OT's looking for action for an opportunity to earn a starting post. IT would not hurt to give them a tryout if Noteboom does not mark some kind of improvement in this next game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kromer has another reserve OT's looking for action for an opportunity to earn a starting post. IT would not hurt to give them a tryout.

I had high hopes for Brewer. I wonder how the year off affects him. He seemed to be an ascending player.

I think with Whits absence they stick with Noteboom just because he’s keeping Goff clean.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I had high hopes for Brewer. I wonder how the year off affects him. He seemed to be an ascending player.

I think with Whits absence they stick with Noteboom just because he’s keeping Goff clean.
Chandler Brewer was a big surprise in 2019. Originally an RG in college but Kromer sure did like the 6-6 320 lurkings around the LT post Chandler Brewer saw a ton of 2019 preseason action with 3 starts @ LT. I would expect that Brewer comes back n 2021 in much better shape & condition ready to play two full years removed from his cancer battle.

Since he will be here under contract several years longer than RG Austin Corbett & Joseph Noteboom who depart in 2022 you could see Brewer competing for most any open OL post with the exception of center. LT just might be where Kromer is planing Brewer to restart his NFL career.

In addition, Kromer's short 6-1 7/8 ths short OL'er Tremayne Anchrum might join Kromer's other under 6-2 OL 'er Brain Allen in competing for the vacated starting center post in 2021. Allen's ongoing knee injury just might be too damaged to continue to play NFL ball. Thus leaving just RFA Coleman Shelton & Practice Squad Jeremiah Holone fighting for a chance @ OC.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Kromer has another reserve OT's looking for action for an opportunity to earn a starting post. IT would not hurt to give them a tryout if Noteboom does not mark some kind of improvement in this next game.
I think it's a little late in the season to experiment unless we're so far ahead score wise that they want to pull Goff.

I don't see them risking Goff's health just to *maybe* see if someone's better.

But, I guarantee they'll be looking at LT and Center pretty hard in the draft and do some extra evaluating on what we have on the roster in the off-season.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Chandler Brewer was a big surprise in 2019. Originally an RG in college but Kromer sure did like the 6-6 320 lurking around the OT positions. I would expect that Brewer comes back n 2021 in much better shape & condition ready to play,
Brewer definitely has prototype size, unlike Anchrum.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That's a bit of an overstatement. Whit is a top LT. Boom is not. That's true. It's more like comparing Russell Wilson and Matt Stafford. Boom is a solid LT.
With Noteboom being so lowly graded in the run game, it certainly makes our Run game more predictable.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think it's a little late in the season to experiment unless we're so far ahead score wise that they want to pull Goff.I don't see them risking Goff's health just to *maybe* see if someone's better.But, I guarantee they'll be looking at LT and Center pretty hard in the draft and do some extra evaluating on what we have on the roster in the off-season.
If McVay & Goff play another foul oozing losing game as they did against the 9ers last week against the Cards ...it just might be a good time to find out what they have sitting on the OL bench.

Currently, with only four 2021 Draft selections, it's going to be hard to fill so many of these Ram departing Free agents plus trying to find out which of the few remaining Rams OL'er under contract can actually play in the NFL.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If McVay & Goff play another foul oozing losing game as they did against the 9ers last week against the Cards ...it just might be a good time to find out what they have sitting on the OL bench.

Currently, with only four 2021 Draft selections, it's going to be hard to fill so many of these Ram departing Free agents plus trying to find out which of the few remaining Rams OL'er under contract can actually play in the NFL.

I thought they get six with the two comps added

fearsomefour

Legend
:wtf:
Why add a wore down retired OT when the Rams have invested in the below for the future?

OT Joe Noteboom 25-3 rd / 27 NFL gms/ 10 starts
OT Bobby Evans 23 -2nd / 14 NFL gms/ 7 starts
OT Tremayne Anchrum 22-R/ 6 NFL gms. Played 3 seasons @ OT
OL'er Coleman Shelton 25 -2/ 21 NFL gms 0 starts played LT in college
OT/OG Jamil Demby 24-2nd/ 6NFL 2 starts played LT for 3 seasons in college
OG/OT David Edwards 23-2/ 27 NFL gms/ 20 starts played RT in college

Andrew Whitworth has a good chance of playing in 2021 as a Ram. Plus he has stated that if the Rams team decides it wants to play in the 2020 playoffs that he will be ready to help block for this offense.

If Noteboom is not getting the job done then insert OT Bobby Evans. If Evans is not getting the job done then insert OT Tremayne Anchrum. If none of those guys can get the job done then insert OG David Edwards & so on. I think it's too early to yank Noteboom after just 2 starts @ LT.
The answer to this is obvious.

fearsomefour

Legend

The Rams are not going to have enough draft pics to replace likely FA departures.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams are not going to have enough draft pics to replace likely FA departures.
Rams have a total of 15 UFA & RFA Free Agents in March of 2021. 8 are considered starters.

On the more positive side, Snead is in a very good position involving the CDPA's for 2021. Very good opportunity for the Rams to be awarded a 3rd round draft comp pick & a 4th round draft comp pick.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams have a total of 15 UFA & RFA Free Agents in March of 2021. 8 are considered starters.

On the more positive side, Snead is in a very good position involving the CDPA's for 2021. Very good opportunity for the Rams to be awarded a 3rd round draft comp pick & a 4th round draft comp pick.
We shall see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yep. That has to be the #1 priority at LT.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yep. That has to be the #1 priority at LT.

I think will know more soon enough. I think The Rams are ok at LT.

We can debate that all offseason. Right now Noteboom is the Man & he is The New LT.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I guess I have to continue watching the Niners game again.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
On another Note..... Noteboom needs to be better at run blocking.....but.....we also just played 2 of the best run stuffing defenses. He should do against the Cards who average more than a half a yard a carry more per run better.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
There are a lot of straw man arguments here. You just called McVay and Goff "busts" without Whitworth. You should google "football 101." And yes, I know that I agreed with PFF. My point was that while I agree with them here, their grades are not reliable in the general sense. We beat Tampa because our D played well AND our offense scored 27 points. JFC.
Come on my Ram Bro, never posted said etc etc they were Bust.Never.

Just better with Whit. Whit is and has scored time and time again has Best O Lineman Period.

Dude scores in the high 80s often,that's just a little below AD,you know Mr Football.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He’s pass blocking fine.
Just not a real effective run blocker.

Not from what I’m watching. Maybe from a guards point of view.

Just watched him get to the 2nd level & had to do a summer salt which was cool to see.

Noteboom is still young & dude has power. Just watched him get down on a 3rd and short which went opposite of him to Robert Woods in motion.

Noteboom has bulked up & he was actually in a powerful 4 point stance.

I just think Ram Fans are not being far when Goff has trouble in the pocket. A bulrush was coming on the outside.He never steps up in the pocket. Anyway, thanks Fearsome.