New Left Tackle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Just giving you the grades from people who get paid for a living to evaluate every single snap, regardless of the outcome. If you prefer your evaluation you're entitled to do so, but some other people might be curious how's he's graded out thus far.
Boom is B.S. when compared to Whit, Whit is a Top LT game after game.

Whit has scored top 80s again and again in grades, Boom he can't even make 70s lol.

Comparing Note to Whit is like comparing Pace to Barron.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know how taking a offensive tackle off the street and into a playoff race translates lol. He was very good, but man it'd be tough.
As depth at this point.
But, the FO wasn’t willing to invest in vet OL in the offseason......really unlikely to do it now I would think.

fearsomefour

Legend

Whit has scored top 80s again and again in grades, Boom he can't even make 70s lol.

Boom has been very good pass blocking.
His run blocking isn’t there yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a bit of an overstatement. Whit is a top LT. Boom is not. That's true. It's more like comparing Russell Wilson and Matt Stafford. Boom is a solid LT.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
That's a bit of an overstatement. Whit is a top LT. Boom is not. That's true. It's more like comparing Russell Wilson and Matt Stafford. Boom is a solid LT.
Bro like you but if you go to PFF scores Note is a joke against Whit.

Whit has scored again and again top 5,when healthy and the only ram player that has done better is AD.

Whit is Elite Bloodlines and Note is just an average LT at best,Hello.

Whit is the Shit and without him,Goff is a bust and McVay is also a bust.

Jmho.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Boom has been very good pass blocking.
His run blocking isn’t there yet.
No disrespects your a Very Good poster, but.

Imho Note is not the answer and Whit kicks his A$$ time and time again.

Note scores time and time again in the low 70s at best, Whit high 80s.

Whit is still playing at an Elite level for his age and Note is grading nice backup.

Who do you want Elite Bloodlines or nice backup lol

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fuck me, let's give note the chance to settle into the position before we call for his head.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bro like you but if you go to PFF scores Note is a joke against Whit.

Whit has scored again and again top 5,when healthy and the only ram player that has done better is AD.

Whit is Elite Bloodlines and Note is just an average LT at best,Hello.

Whit is the Shit and without him,Goff is a bust and McVay is also a bust.

Jmho.

I don't go by PFF. Their system isn't good. But my eyes tell me that Whit is great and Boom is fairly average thus far. Regardless, the bold is just ridiculous. We beat TB without Whit. We lost to SF the first time with him. I love Whit. He is a big reason why this franchise has rebounded so well after all the years in the dark. But the bold is just nuts, man.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't go by PFF. Their system isn't good. But my eyes tell me that Whit is great and Boom is fairly average thus far. Regardless, the bold is just ridiculous. We beat TB without Whit. We lost to SF the first time with him. I love Whit. He is a big reason why this franchise has rebounded so well after all the years in the dark. But the bold is just nuts, man.
I know when I isolated on Boom in the snaps that I saw, he was very good in pass protection. I think going after an old guy that no one else wanted isn't a move forward.

TexasRam

Legend
It was the coverage sack, though, right?

The announcers did call it a coverage sack. I would say that's a fair call. But the way he got beat after one quick move by Hyder is concerning. It's one Whitworth typically handles with no problem. But yes it was after Goff looked at a few covered reads and no one was open.

11:27 2nd quarter for those that want to look at it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We need to watch Boom play. Give him some NFL games to build a resume. We have insanely little data so far, but the data we have... shows promise. (y)

Need more! Go Boom!

My biggest concern right now isn’t Boom, it’s his backup. THAT would be a stresser for things if we have any bumps and bruises these final games and have to go there.

We are already on plan “B” at LT.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I don't go by PFF. Their system isn't good. But my eyes tell me that Whit is great and Boom is fairly average thus far. ORegardless, the bold is just ridiculous. We beat TB without Whit. We lost to SF the first time with him. I love Whit. He is a big reason why this franchise has rebounded so well after all the years in the dark. But the bold is just nuts, man.
Imho re-read your post.

You say Whit is good so does PFF,You call Boom averages so does PFF, Duh.

If you post having an Elite LT doesn't help Goff WTK can I say Bro ???

Whit again and again scores in Top 5 LTs IF YOU don't think our Qb,Coach benefits from it,Goggle has Football 101.

We beat Tampa because of a Great D and lost to San Francisco because of, a Sorry Ass O ,Qb.

Whit is Not the guy turning the ball over and over again and again and again and again.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
No disrespects your a Very Good poster, but.

Imho Note is not the answer and Whit kicks his A$$ time and time again.

Note scores time and time again in the low 70s at best, Whit high 80s.

Whit is still playing at an Elite level for his age and Note is grading nice backup.

Who do you want Elite Bloodlines or nice backup lol
I agree with all of this.
It’s not an either or question.
Whit is the starter hands down and Boom is filling in.
Is Boom a long term replacement?
Don’t know yet.

fearsomefour

Legend
Doubt he'd get off the couch for depth but we can sign vets to the Practice Squad, right?
Yeah.
It’s funny to see a guy like McCown elevated from the practice squad.
If he’s in shape and has an interest is playing possibly.
Hey, it’s a check.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
:wtf:
Why add a wore down retired OT when the Rams have invested in the below for the future?

OT Joe Noteboom 25-3 rd / 27 NFL gms/ 10 starts
OT Bobby Evans 23 -2nd / 14 NFL gms/ 7 starts
OT Tremayne Anchrum 22-R/ 6 NFL gms. Played 3 seasons @ OT
OL'er Coleman Shelton 25 -2/ 21 NFL gms 0 starts played LT in college
OT/OG Jamil Demby 24-2nd/ 6NFL 2 starts played LT for 3 seasons in college
OG/OT David Edwards 23-2/ 27 NFL gms/ 20 starts played RT in college

Andrew Whitworth has a good chance of playing in 2021 as a Ram. Plus he has stated that if the Rams team decides it wants to play in the 2020 playoffs that he will be ready to help block for this offense.

If Noteboom is not getting the job done then insert OT Bobby Evans. If Evans is not getting the job done then insert OT Tremayne Anchrum. If none of those guys can get the job done then insert OG David Edwards & so on.

The bottom line here for me it's way too early to even consider yanking Noteboom after just 2 starts @ LT. I would ride his butt until Andrew Whitworth gets healthy enough to start to share some offensive snaps. Even after Whitworth gets recovered I would still insert Noteboom in so by the time the season has concluded the Rams front office & coaches fully know what they have in Notebnoom.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Fuck me, let's give note the chance to settle into the position before we call for his head.

He’s been very good pass blocking. His run blocking is terrible. He rarely finds his assignment to block. On most plays he’s running in space or reaching a block with one arm.

That’s always been his problem. His run blocking at both guard and tackle look the same. He limits the playbook and is detrimental to the running game.
I don’t see him as a long term answer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imho re-read your post.

You say Whit is good so does PFF,You call Boom averages so does PFF, Duh.

If you post having an Elite LT doesn't help Goff WTK can I say Bro ???

Whit again and again scores in Top 5 LTs IF YOU don't think our Qb,Coach benefits from it,Goggle has Football 101.

We beat Tampa because of a Great D and lost to San Francisco because of, a Sorry Ass O ,Qb.

Whit is Not the guy turning the ball over and over again and again and again and again.

There are a lot of straw man arguments here. You just called McVay and Goff "busts" without Whitworth. You should google "football 101." And yes, I know that I agreed with PFF. My point was that while I agree with them here, their grades are not reliable in the general sense. We beat Tampa because our D played well AND our offense scored 27 points. JFC.