New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Willie

Starter
Just watched some coverage of the Rams practicing with the Cowboys. Couple of interesting things to me. First, why don't the Rams have large bleachers like the cowboys? Signs? Rams fans can bring signs to the Cowboys practice field, but St. Louis Rams fans cannot bring signs to the Rams field. Hmm.... Stan is not only a real estate mogul, he is also a marketing expert. Take your team to California. Get large crowds (doesn't appear the Rams crowds are larger than the ones here, but are more compact based on the stands). Have them bring signs showing their love for the Rams. Get the NFL network to cover it and show the local love for your team. Get your picture taken with the owner of the Cowboys. Oh, and make sure none of these things are present when the NFL comes to report on your team in St Louis. Brilliant Marketing SK. Thanks for supporting those of us in St Louis who have supported the Rams for 20 years though the good and mostly bad times. But like the coach said, this is a just a coincidence (and he never lies...ask Jim Thomas).

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Yes, Dallas has slightly less than 2/3rds which means 1/3 of viewers are watching the Texans. That wouldn't be "no support" in football country, that would be significant support.

It would be a lot more impressive if those Texans numbers were based on a head to head with the Cowboys, meaning they were airing at the same time. I'm very sorry, but I can't help myself..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well played sir! I pay for the MLB.tv package since I live in giant and A's territory and can't stomach those teams on TV. It lets me listen to Vin so it's worth it.
Gotta say - I miss Vin something fierce. He and Chip were my favorites of all time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go back through the daily practice threads. There were tweets with pics of him at camp. Iirc he was at the first couple before flying to London for Arsenals home opener. He goes to games and practices and it's rarely reported because it doesn't fit the narrative.

The last sentence could be in blue because I am being somewhat sarcastic, but it's the truth.

rambone

UDFA
Have faith my brothers and sisters – first home game with the SeaHags? It’s gonna be off the chain! Nothing Stan deleted or the deleted LA Rams Fans can do about that. Especially with a STL Rams win! St. Louis is goanna make you proud all across the country. Can’t wait! Can’t keep us from bringing signs to the game, Stan! Can’t keep the stadium from being sold out!!

D. Peacock and Company have got a handle on this thing. “Nobody goes to the game to see the owner”.

Da#@ right! That’s the attitude needed to fight this thing. Not trying at all to kiss a@@. We keep the team and Stan well, find a team for your stadium.

Stan deleted can’t stop the progress in STL which shines and keeps the spotlight on the fact Stan deleted has not met relocation guidelines!

Heartbreak (again) deletedand Stan deleted gets stopped at the 2-yard line by Peacock and Co.

Haha! Can’t wait!

Only warning. I left the rest of what you wrote as it actually ain't half bad. The rule though has to stand. no name calling of current Rams players, coaches, or anyone currently within the organization. And zero tolerance for calling out either fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched some coverage of the Rams practicing with the Cowboys. Couple of interesting things to me. First, why don't the Rams have large bleachers like the cowboys? Signs? Rams fans can bring signs to the Cowboys practice field, but St. Louis Rams fans cannot bring signs to the Rams field. Hmm.... Stan is not only a real estate mogul, he is also a marketing expert. Take your team to California. Get large crowds (doesn't appear the Rams crowds are larger than the ones here, but are more compact based on the stands). Have them bring signs showing their love for the Rams. Get the NFL network to cover it and show the local love for your team. Get your picture taken with the owner of the Cowboys. Oh, and make sure none of these things are present when the NFL comes to report on your team in St Louis. Brilliant Marketing SK. Thanks for supporting those of us in St Louis who have supported the Rams for 20 years though the good and mostly bad times. But like the coach said, this is a just a coincidence (and he never lies...ask Jim Thomas).

Stan does not dictate policy at the COWBOYS practice facility. This really isn't a novel concept, if the Cowboys came to a joint practice at Rams camp their fans would be expected to abide by the same rules as Rams fans. If the Rams went to a joint practice with the Jaguars the Rams fans would be expected to abide by the same rules that Jaguars fans do.

Big Willie

Starter
Stan does not dictate policy at the COWBOYS practice facility. This really isn't a novel concept, if the Cowboys came to a joint practice at Rams camp their fans would be expected to abide by the same rules as Rams fans. If the Rams went to a joint practice with the Jaguars the Rams fans would be expected to abide by the same rules that Jaguars fans do.
No dispute here. But this is yet another coincidence that has to give the casual viewer pause and make you wonder.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Have faith my brothers and sisters – first home game with the SeaHags? It’s gonna be off the chain! Nothing Stan deleted or the “wish-we-had-supported-‘em” LA Rams Fans can do about that. Especially with a STL Rams win! St. Louis is goanna make you proud all across the country. Can’t wait! Can’t keep us from bringing signs to the game, Stan! Can’t keep the stadium from being sold out!!

D. Peacock and Company have got a handle on this thing. “Nobody goes to the game to see the owner”.

Da#@ right! That’s the attitude needed to fight this thing. Not trying at all to kiss a@@. We keep the team and Stan well, find a team for your stadium.

Stan deleted can’t stop the progress in STL which shines and keeps the spotlight on the fact Stan deleted has not met relocation guidelines!

Heartbreak (again) for the LA Rams Fans and Stan deleted gets stopped at the 2-yard line by Peacock and Co.

Haha! Can’t wait!

I wonder how people would take this post if someone substituted Stl fans for LA fans? They'd prolly get a little pissed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wonder how people would take this post if someone substituted Stl fans for LA fans? They'd prolly get a little pissed.
Edited phrases out and won't be letting a similar post in. I don't think @rambone has been participating much in this thread so I am willing to let it go with a warning.

No offense blue. I tried to catch that crap from his post as soon as I could. I will be watching to make sure the message got through.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No dispute here. But this is yet another coincidence that has to give the casual viewer pause and make you wonder.
There's no coincidence it's just another reason to hate the man. Not disputing that there are reasons to hate him this just isn't one of them(signs in Oxnard). If you wanna hate anybody for that hate Jerry for allowing them in his practice facility.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm just hoping for another Behring situation. Sell the team when it's recommended that he stay put.

I'd really like to know what the owners have in mind for STL. I think it's highly doubtful that they leave them high and dry. Unless the stadium plan falls through. I'd just like to know if a team is moving in, or if the Rams are staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.