New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If the Cardinals moved to Kansas City, do you think Cardinal fans would still follow them?

There might be a handful of San Diego Charger fans who follow the Los Angeles Chargers, but the vast majority will hate them with a passion IMO.

Carson is 113 miles away. If the Rams moved to Columbia, MO or Champaign IL I would be happy. You would not hear a word of complaint from me.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
In a way he did cause this mess, depending on how you look at it. His hesitation and general dicking around has made it a lot harder for the NFL, and he and Kroenke would already be partners in Inglewood (according to a report a while back) if not for whatever happened (I believe there were suggestions that he was hesitant again).. Make no mistake, the NFL wants LA back, and regardless of the teams that end up there it was Kroenke finally saying "crap or get off the pot" and starting things up. It might be a mess, but it's a mess that the NFL wanted (in some respect) and it's the Carson project that has made it worse, not Kroenke or Inglewood.

I don't think the NFL is short sighted enough to just look at distances and take nothing else into consideration. I also don't think they will ultimately give two shits about how traumatic

Disagree. Kroenke had forced this entire situation. By your logic, you should also blame San Diego instead of Stan. After all, they dicked around as much as Spanos.

Big Willie

Starter
There's no coincidence it's just another reason to hate the man. Not disputing that there are reasons to hate him this just isn't one of them(signs in Oxnard). If you wanna hate anybody for that hate Jerry for allowing them in his practice facility.
There's no hate for him. He's a business man and I fully understand what he is doing. I am just pointing out things that are Conveniently coincidences. If I were in his position, I would probably do the same things he is doing. But, just because you can....doesn't mean you should.

Athos

Legend
"I feel sorry for the St. Louis fans, and I appreciate them taking care of our team," Soto said. "I know for sure they're coming back because Kroenke knows how much value they'll have to bring them back here."

Maybe I'm butternut this dude can get fucked.

Our team my arse. Rams be the only NFL team I've followed and was my first foray into the game as a kid, that being the GSOT in 99.

What a dick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
100% False! How could they switch from signs to t-shirts for the first time on that day when Twitter says signs have been banned since 2009? Please, you act like you were there or something!
Ok this was discussed in the "official practice thread" the day it came about. You were prominent in that thread with all your great contributions. But can we please stop with this sarcasm? I'm going to post Demoff's answer to the sign issue again. Again this isn't the first time it's been posted here.

View: https://twitter.com/kdemoff/status/629683429085421568

Everybody understand what I said now?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no hate for him. He's a business man and I fully understand what he is doing. I am just pointing out things that are Conveniently coincidences. If I were in his position, I would probably do the same things he is doing. But, just because you can....doesn't mean you should.
My whole point in this is people make things up about what he's said or done and assign it as a reason to hate him. Him moving his team from your town is more than enough reason to hate him without making up things. That's all I'm trying to say.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You edited out the part I was noting, I guess you missed it the first time. That was mainly what I felt was crossing the line.
Yeah - I was a little late on the draw on that other part. And yes - it was crossing the line and he has apologized. Others that are still here have done so as well and I try to catch them and give them a warning.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A special "fuck you" to NFLN for showcasing the Rams fan and never ONCE showing the fans in Earth City. Add that to the bigger slap in the face giving the team a whopping 1 fuckin hour of tv time while you give more time to TIM FUCKING TEBOW!!!!!!!

That pisses me off more than Stan (and yes he pissed me off today too).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Disagree. Kroenke had forced this entire situation. By your logic, you should also blame San Diego instead of Stan. After all, they dicked around as much as Spanos.

In terms of their stadium situation, they both have done plenty of dicking around. In terms of LA, Spanos has dicked around and made empty threats for years. Kroenke did what the NFL wanted and started pushing ahead to get a team there. Spanos freaked and tried to move as well in his own stadium, which put them in the mess of needing to pick between two sites and telling an owner they can't move. That's not what the NFL wanted. Nothing would have happened without Kroenke, but there wouldn't be a huge mess of things without Spanos.

iced

gotta love how Fabiani is the villain and the city of San Diego gets a pass - as if there ever was a sense of urgency... it's like the Chargers have enjoyed being lease to lease over a decade and have had tons of viable proposals over the years

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Ok this was discussed in the "official practice thread" the day it came about. You were prominent in that thread with all your great contributions. But can we please stop with this sarcasm? I'm going to post Demoff's answer to the sign issue again. Again this isn't the first time it's been posted here.

View: https://twitter.com/kdemoff/status/629683429085421568

Everybody understand what I said now?

@RamzFanz was saying that tweet was bogus, because there were signs there everyday until the Network decided to show up.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JT said that there were 5,000 more fans at the joint practice today than the Cowboys only practice. There were also words of Rams fans drowning out Cowboys fans. I'm sure part of Jerry's plan, probably a few thousand Rams fans there.

iced

Saying nothing would have essentially been the same as saying they can't do anything.

Not at all - just because an owner says something doesn't mean they have to immediately run and correct them.. Hell it wouldn't be the first time jerry jones said something ridiculous

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
In terms of their stadium situation, they both have done plenty of dicking around. In terms of LA, Spanos has dicked around and made empty threats for years. Kroenke did what the NFL wanted and started pushing ahead to get a team there. Spanos freaked and tried to move as well in his own stadium, which put them in the mess of needing to pick between two sites and telling an owner they can't move. That's not what the NFL wanted. Nothing would have happened without Kroenke, but there wouldn't be a huge mess of things without Spanos.

I don't think that Kroenke did exactly what the NFL had in mind. But I guess no matter what Spanos gets to be the villain over Kroenke.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not at all - just because an owner says something doesn't mean they have to immediately run and correct them.. Hell it wouldn't be the first time jerry jones said something ridiculous

Did he go out and say that or was he asked about it? I thought he was asked.

I don't think that Kroenke did exactly what the NFL had in mind. But I guess no matter what Spanos gets to be the villain over Kroenke.

The NFL wanted a team in LA, they have made that known for many years, and they were unable to really get it going. What they needed was an owner with a vision, desire, and money to make it happen. Enter Kroenke.

iced

Did he go out and say that or was he asked about it? I thought he was asked.

Does not say if he was asked a question or even remotely even hint at it being in response to a question. Sounds more like a statement

Big Willie

Starter
My whole point in this is people make things up about what he's said or done and assign it as a reason to hate him. Him moving his team from your town is more than enough reason to hate him without making up things. That's all I'm trying to say.
And my point is I am not hating on him, simply pointing out inconsistencies that may or may not be created by him. I am not making things up, simply pointing things out. Hate gets no one anywhere. Stan has said very little publicly, so very few of us know exactly what's on his mind, and I don't profess to be one of those few.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Does not say if he was asked a question or even remotely even hint at it being in response to a question. Sounds more like a statement

Pretty sure he was asked, because he also talked about how Jerry Jones was just worked up over the playoff loss to the Packers, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.