New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No offense blue. I tried to catch that crap from his post as soon as I could. I will be watching to make sure the message got through.

You edited out the part I was noting, I guess you missed it the first time. That was mainly what I felt was crossing the line.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Stan does not dictate policy at the COWBOYS practice facility. This really isn't a novel concept, if the Cowboys came to a joint practice at Rams camp their fans would be expected to abide by the same rules as Rams fans. If the Rams went to a joint practice with the Jaguars the Rams fans would be expected to abide by the same rules that Jaguars fans do.

But he does at Rams camp and he ONLY banned signs while the NFLN was there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know there was talk (and only talk) of the Raiders moving to STL if the Rams bolt. Has there been any similar chatter about The Chargers potentially moving to STL?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But he does at Rams camp and he ONLY banned signs while the NFLN was there.
That's 100% false and it was discussed in that days practice thread. The Rams announced on their twitter page that the policy went in to affect in 2009 before Kroenke was majority owner.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd really like to know what the owners have in mind for STL. I think it's highly doubtful that they leave them high and dry. Unless the stadium plan falls through. I'd just like to know if a team is moving in, or if the Rams are staying.

My guess is they would direct another team there ASAP. Raiders would be the more likely of the remaining three, but the Chargers would probably be better off doing it. Honestly the Raiders need a total rebranding, if they were to move and change their names/logo/jersey I think it would go a long way... If they were to move though, I don't think they would want to go through a total rebranding. Even if something happened where Davis wasn't the owner anymore, I think they would keep the "iconic" Raider name, even though nobody likes them other than Raider fans.

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's 100% false and it was discussed in that days practice thread. The Rams announced on their twitter page that the policy went in to affect in 2009 before Kroenke was majority owner.

Were you there? You should have come and said hi!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
There were a couple of wise guys that switched to T-Shirt messages.

I was at all but a couple of the practices and if Stan was at any of those, it never came to my attention. I figure he'd be sorta noticeable. Perhaps he was there at the practices I missed or maybe he was incognito but I sure never saw him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My guess is they would direct another team there ASAP. Raiders would be the more likely of the remaining three, but the Chargers would probably be better off doing it. Honestly the Raiders need a total rebranding, if they were to move and change their names/logo/jersey I think it would go a long way... If they were to move though, I don't think they would want to go through a total rebranding. Even if something happened where Davis wasn't the owner anymore, I think they would keep the "iconic" Raider name, even though nobody likes them other than Raider fans.

They could name them the LA Not The Rams! Win win! :)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
State set to approve stadium tax credits

Print David Hunn
Enlarge Photo

JEFFERSON CITY • The Missouri Development Finance Board is set to vote Tuesday on $15 million in tax credits for the proposed riverfront football stadium in St. Louis. The board's executive director, Bob Miserez, has recommended approval of this year's request, the first of $50 million over three years.

The public entity that owns the Edward Jones Dome, where the St. Louis Rams now play, is funding plans to build the $998 million stadium. It applied for the tax credits in July.

That application showed that the Dome authority and Gov. Jay Nixon's stadium task force anticipate paying for the stadium with $450 million from the National Football League and team, $201 million in bond proceeds from the state and the city of St. Louis, $160 million from the sale of seat licenses and $187 million in tax credits.

The authority is requesting $15 million from the state finance board this year, plus $17.5 million next year and again in 2017.

This particular program gives tax credits in exchange for project donations, up to half the amount of the gifts. The task force hopes to land $100 million in donations.

Miserez, in his recommendation, called the "vast majority" of the new stadium land "severely blighted." A stadium, coupled with the renovation of the Gateway Arch grounds to the south, "would transform the most visible downtown riverfront area and provide substantial economic benefit to the City and State," Miserez wrote.

Miserez's recommendation is contingent on the board's receipt of $30 million in contributions this year, plus evidence that the NFL has committed its share of the cash, and that an NFL team has executed a 30-year lease at the proposed facility.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_cf3c3e5f-375f-51a0-9011-7b8b250dbbf6.html

iced

It was "Bleacher Report" that did it for me.

Didn't that ship sail several hundred pages ago. There were and they remain pretty much the same as they were then. Sorry Iced but they definitely were in place.

If you are referring to Amy Trask's interview and that Marc Ganis guy, Goodhell pretty well dispelled that notion last week. If you can show me where those changes are - specifically - I might buy in but no one has shown these changes and Goodhell's statement really seems to put that thought to rest.

The relocation rules are the same as they were when the Rams left LA. Personally, I think the big difference is that Stan may be less likely to sue than was Shaw (attorney) and Georgia. Georgia needed that money and sweet deal St Louis was offering. Stan does not and Peacock even alluded to the notion that Stan is working to make sure his bases are covered as St Louis hasn't completed their task.

If St Louis completes their task, the Rams IMO will likely be the St Louis Rams well into the future. There will be some kind of negotiated lease for the new Riverfront Stadium and both parties win.

If nothing has changed, then I don't see why Rooney would feel confident with the NFL winning in court should an owner choose to go rogue

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/17/rooney-rattles-the-legal-sword-at-kroenke/

“I think we’re comfortable that we could stop a team legally from moving if it didn’t go through the process,” Rooney said. That process ultimately consists of 24 owner votes approving the move, which means that only nine owners can block relocation.

Rooney specifically went on the record with Farmer in order to further undo damage potentially done by Jerry’s Sunday comments to the New York Times — comments that were largely overlooked and ignored given the story lines emerging from the outcome of his team’s game against the Packers.

“I don’t agree with Jerry on that point,” Rooney told Farmer. “The majority view is that there’s a process the teams are going to have to go through, and I think everybody understands that in terms of the teams that may be interested, I expect that the process will be observed, and hopefully it will be an orderly process.”

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
FUCK I HATE THIS SHIT.

Maybe someday I'll get over it, but right now I hate it. HATE. WITH A PASSION.

I'm sorry. I can't play nice. This is my team and some people want to take them away from me. I want to punch everyone in the face.

iced

What else is he going to say? "He's right, Stan can just move, we have no power, nothing changed."?

If he believes in it or not, he had to say that.

actually, he could have just said nothing at all. No one had a gun to his head...

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
actually, he could have just said nothing at all. No one had a gun to his head...

The league really prides itself in the way that it shares revenues, TV money, salary cap. We’re in a situation now where you have owners competing against other owners for a prize. What has the league done, what does it have in place to address this sensitive situation where you have owners competing with owners in an unnatural way for a ‘prize’? Goodell: I think the foundation of it is our relocation policies. We have policies that have been in place for decades, they were modified in the ‘80s and they’re meant to address our responsibility to each of our home markets, what needs to be done if you seek to relocate your franchise and we’re making sure that those are applied consistently and fairly. We’re doing everything, working with the communities to make sure that we understand exactly what they’re proposing. We’re working with the teams to make sure we understand the circumstances and then, as it relates to Los Angeles, you’re right; it’s a relatively unique circumstance where you have multiple teams interested in relocating to a market where there are two different solutions. And our focus on that is, if they meet the relocation policy, is to make sure we have a solution that is going to work for the long-term in Los Angeles. That’s the key issue for us, making sure that whatever we ultimately decide as a membership, that we have the ability to be successful in Los Angeles for the long-term. That’s why we spent the last two decades trying to come up with a solution that we thought would provide that kind of a foundation.

Moostache

Rookie
freak I HATE THIS crap.

I'm sorry. I can't play nice. This is my team and some people want to take them away from me. I want to punch everyone in the face.

I agree.

V3

Hall of Fame
freak I HATE THIS crap.

That explains your avatar.:LOL:

RamzFanz

Damnit
There were a couple of wise guys that switched to T-Shirt messages.

I was at all but a couple of the practices and if Stan was at any of those, it never came to my attention. I figure he'd be sorta noticeable. Perhaps he was there at the practices I missed or maybe he was incognito but I sure never saw him.

100% False! How could they switch from signs to t-shirts for the first time on that day when Twitter says signs have been banned since 2009? Please, you act like you were there or something!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Ok, time for me to self eject from this discussion for the evening. I think the owner's meeting and TC in CA just has me worked up.

See you in the other threads. I apologize for the over the top sarcasm.

rambone

UDFA
Edited phrases out and won't be letting a similar post in. I don't think @rambone has been participating much in this thread so I am willing to let it go with a warning.

No offense blue. I tried to catch that crap from his post as soon as I could. I will be watching to make sure the message got through.

Sorry - didn't know the rules - just jumped in after 600+ pages.

Duly noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.