New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Isn't this true though? When Kroneke announced he was bulding a stadium somewhere else besides STL, wasn't that a blow to STL? If not please explain.

Again I'm not the one that owns the Rams lol

You never put your 2 cents in on this whole stadium saga. All you do is bash me. If you weren't based you would bash people that bash LA fans. I post articles and audio clips that's pro LA and I think that is why you bash me. I don't take shots to the people in STL and if I do please quote me and explain.
Actually he has been contributing to this thread quite a bit and it has not been about bashing you.

And though I can see how you would think Stan's announcement is a blow to St Louis and potentially is, the end results will determine that ultimately. If his actions get a deal done in St Louis faster than they otherwise would have then it is actually the opposite of a blow to fans in St Louis. It is definitely some discomfort in not being able to know if he will go through with it or what are his actual intentions but as I said, if St Louis ends up building a new stadium at a pace that looks like at minimum is two years before even Peacock's initial projections, then it is a win for the fans in the Lou.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe as a business man, but as a friend? I've never seen anything about that.
And you've seen where they have said they don't consider him a friend or that the other owners consider - enter name here - as a friend? I don't think I've seen where the owners discuss friendships among particular owners. But maybe I missed that.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And you've seen where they have said they don't consider him a friend or that the other owners consider - enter name here - as a friend? I don't think I've seen where the owners discuss friendships among particular owners. But maybe I missed that.

No, but I'm going off the information I have at hand. JT has mentioned in his chats that he's not well liked among the other owners.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
What does playing in Oxnard have anything to do with moving?

You do know that Stan and Jerry do business together, right?
You do know that the Cowboys have TC every year in Oxnard, right?
You do know that Stan doesn't have many friends among NFL owners, right?
You do know that Stan has fans of his team in the vicinity, right?

There are many reasons that they could have joint practices with the Cowboys. Now whether or not it be in STL or Oxnard. I haven't compared the facilities, but I'd venture to guess that the Cowboys have nicer facilities.
Stan and Jerry do business together? Really? I didn't know that. What type of business are they doing together? How do you the facilities are better in Oxnard? I thought Oxnard smells like shit or something?

If the Rams practicing was a none story people wouldn't be talking about it. There is a reason why we're talking about it right? The reason is why this thread has even been created.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Stan and Jerry do business together? Really? I didn't know that. What type of business are they doing together? How do you the facilities are better in Oxnard? I thought Oxnard smells like crap or something?

I was guessing that the facilities are better. I have no idea, like I said I haven't compared them.
Also, I'll have to dig up them working together. You can't google Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke these days without getting pages of search results on google about relocation.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As far as Stan not talking to the STL media. He doesn't talk to the media in all the other cities he owns teams in. There's a reason why they call him Silent Stan. Go to Nugges or Avalance or Aresenal thread and take their pulse. He's dead dude, he doesn't speak. Google is and you'll see. I think the last time he spoke to any media was when fisher got hired. So in way he talks to the media in STL more then the other cites, as crazy as that might sound

To kind of add to that - Stan got the moniker Silent Stan well before he was buying sports franchises as far as I understand. He has had that nickname for many years for his business style. I remember reading a couple articles about his property purchases and that no one involved ever actually met or talked to him personally.

So yeah - his silence in the St Louis/Inglewood stadium issue is nothing new. The funny thing is, that I don't think Stan himself has said anything about the Inglewood project either - has he? I'm sure he has to someone but I've never seen him quoted as saying he was building a stadium or wanting to move. The quotes made were by the Stockbridge Group - right? Again - maybe I missed it.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I was guessing that the facilities are better. I have no idea, like I said I haven't compared them.
Also, I'll have to dig up them working together. You can't google Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke these days without getting pages of search results on google about relocation.
You weren't guessing. You said "you do know that". If you said "I think" etc etc would be differet. If you ever find something online to stake your claims please make sure to share it with us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No, but I'm going off the information I have at hand. JT has mentioned in his chats that he's not well liked among the other owners.
I am going to guess that JT has no first hand knowledge of this. I also haven't seen where he has said either this in particular or how he would have come to this conclusion. Honestly, I doubt many of the NFL owners are all that chummy with each other.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
To kind of add to that - Stan got the moniker Silent Stan well before he was buying sports franchises as far as I understand. He has had that nickname for many years for his business style. I remember reading a couple articles about his property purchases and that no one involved ever actually met or talked to him personally.

So yeah - his silence in the St Louis/Inglewood stadium issue is nothing new. The funny thing is, that I don't think Stan himself has said anything about the Inglewood project either - has he? I'm sure he has to someone but I've never seen him quoted as saying he was building a stadium or wanting to move. The quotes made were by the Stockbridge Group - right? Again - maybe I missed it.
He hasn't spoken about the Inglewood project, it's just been his partners "Stockbridge" and "The Kroneke Group" those 2 groups both announced the project together on Jan 5.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I am going to guess that JT has no first hand knowledge of this. I also haven't seen where he has said either this in particular or how he would have come to this conclusion. Honestly, I doubt many of the NFL owners are all that chummy with each other.
Honestly Stan might be an jerk idk but other then the STL local media and Spanos everyone else nationwide has said Stan is a good down to earth guy. Even peacock said that about him when he met him at the Super Bowl. The other teams that he owns say the same about him like the league nba etc you know. Arsenal fans likes him Bc he spends money and always gets the best players and I haven't heard anything bad about him being an jerk regarding the nuggets or Avalanche. They just get ticked off Bc he doesn't speaks

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh so they will be renamed the St. Louis Rams of Los Angeles?
No man - I'm saying that the Rams could either end up staying in St Louis or moving to LA. You had it the other way around which frankly is just silly.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You weren't guessing. You said "you do know that". If you said "I think" etc etc would be differet. If you ever find something online to stake your claims please make sure to share it with us.

No I didn't say I know they have better facilities.

I haven't compared the facilities, but I'd venture to guess that the Cowboys have nicer facilities.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Fair enough. I can try to dig up the quote. I think it was in a chat from a while ago, but I don't think it really matters. It's hearsay anyway. But it's the information I've been told.

tonyl711

Starter
Isn't this true though? When Kroneke announced he was bulding a stadium somewhere else besides STL, wasn't that a blow to STL? If not please explain.

You never put your 2 cents in on this whole stadium saga. All you do is bash me. If you weren't based you would bash people that bash LA fans. I post articles and audio clips that's pro LA and I think that is why you bash me. I don't take shots to the people in STL and if I do please quote me and explain.

tonyl711

Starter

the way you say things is in an in your face fashion, and you like to state your opinion as fact. and of course I am biased aren't we all one way or another? but to try to antagonize a city and its fans is wrong no matter what side your on, believe me if I saw a St Louis fan baiting LA fans as often as you do I would be telling him about it, ive actually tried to be nice in telling you to back off, but don't know how long I can hold back.

tonyl711

Starter
Please explain...how is this a jab to stl from me? All I did was state the obvious. I'm not the one that scheduled the Rams to play in Oxnard.
I don't need to explain, you know exactly what you are doing. just most of us don't try to bait others, glad your enjoying yourself, but for the sake of not trusting myself to not tell you exactly what you can do and where you can go I will put you on ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.