New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyl711

Starter
Demoff going to be on 101.1 tomorrow. I'll have to find a time.

Two radio interviews in 2 days. We haven't heard from him since the whole "it's going to get worse before it gets better."

Think it's a coincidence that it's the day after the meeting today? Perhaps it's draft party stuff he's talking about.
says all topics are fair game, I would imagine some pretty interesting questions will be asked. should be a good listen

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
You'll never hear from Stan. The way he does business is by being structured. You'll never hear anything directly from the top. Hell, the only way Peacock was able to talk to him was by running into him at the Super Bowl.

I expect that anything Rams news related will come from Demoff. It'll never go any higher than that.

Agreed. That is what I meant. Not Stan specifically.

MrMotes

Starter
You'll never hear from Stan. The way he does business is by being structured. You'll never hear anything directly from the top. Hell, the only way Peacock was able to talk to him was by running into him at the Super Bowl.

I expect that anything Rams news related will come from Demoff. It'll never go any higher than that.

That's not always completely true:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...am-bradford-trade-includes-stan-kroenke-quote

“Throughout his five years with the Rams, Sam has been a consummate professional,” Rams Owner E. Stanley Kroenke said. “We thank Sam for his dedication to our team and community and wish him and his family the best moving forward."

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah and then all of 30,000 people will show up to watch the freaking Raiders and half of them will have Rams gear on. Great plan.

I'd bet you it would sell out. They may have old Rams gear on, but it would sell out. If we lose the Rams it is indeed a great plan.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
the fact is that you are baiting St Louis fans, give your act a rest please.

Please explain...how is this a jab to stl from me? All I did was state the obvious. I'm not the one that scheduled the Rams to play in Oxnard.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
you know you really need to watch what you say, these vieled insults from you are getting very old, I have kept my temper with you for a long time now, I hope I don't end up getting banned from here for defending my city from your insults. if you have followed this thread (and I know you have) you will see that everyone else refrains from taking shots at anyone else, why cant you do the same?
Isn't this true though? When Kroneke announced he was bulding a stadium somewhere else besides STL, wasn't that a blow to STL? If not please explain.

Again I'm not the one that owns the Rams lol

You never put your 2 cents in on this whole stadium saga. All you do is bash me. If you weren't based you would bash people that bash LA fans. I post articles and audio clips that's pro LA and I think that is why you bash me. I don't take shots to the people in STL and if I do please quote me and explain.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'd bet you it would sell out. They may have old Rams gear on, but it would sell out. If we lose the Rams it is indeed a great plan.
I would take that bet. Seriously. The best thing for the NFL(besides keeping everything the way it is) is to move the Chargers and Raiders to LA. That way, you keep the San Diego fan base, you keep the Oakland fan base, you keep the STL fan base and you gain the LA fan base. SD and Oak are all close enough to LA to be able to still go to games and remain fans. The only relation the Raiders have to STL is the ass kicking they took last year in the dome.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I don't think anyone is doubting Stan's abilities to do what he sets out to do. But what does he actually want to do? Does he want the LA market in earnest and more so than he wants to have a team in MO? Quite possibly but we are not sure. Does the idea of potentially fighting the NFL in court and building in Inglewood (if that ends up being the case) outweigh a pretty cool riverfront stadium in his native state?

I'm no fan of Spanos. I agree that he could have had a deal worked out in either SD or LA long ago. He has been shooting down everything because up to this point, he has wanted pretty much everything handed to him. I just don't see where he gets the actual financial backing now to be able to build the Carson project even with Davis on board. But I have to admit that I am no financing expert. I do know though that ROI is a complex series of timing, price points, and accounting. Often what looks like a money loser on face value ends up being a workable project.
I think Stan wants to maximize his earnings or maybe he wants to own a team in LA. I have no idea. I do know that he owns a house in Malibu and he owns and operates business in LA. He did put a bid in to buy the Dodgers.

We all could agree that this is a money grab. Why else would these 3 teams want to move to LA?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
That's not always completely true:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...am-bradford-trade-includes-stan-kroenke-quote

“Throughout his five years with the Rams, Sam has been a consummate professional,” Rams Owner E. Stanley Kroenke said. “We thank Sam for his dedication to our team and community and wish him and his family the best moving forward."
As far as Stan not talking to the STL media. He doesn't talk to the media in all the other cities he owns teams in. There's a reason why they call him Silent Stan. Go to Nugges or Avalance or Aresenal thread and take their pulse. He's dead dude, he doesn't speak. Google is and you'll see. I think the last time he spoke to any media was when fisher got hired. So in way he talks to the media in STL more then the other cites, as crazy as that might sound

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I would take that bet. Seriously. The best thing for the NFL(besides keeping everything the way it is) is to move the Chargers and Raiders to LA. That way, you keep the San Diego fan base, you keep the Oakland fan base, you keep the STL fan base and you gain the LA fan base. SD and Oak are all close enough to LA to be able to still go to games and remain fans. The only relation the Raiders have to STL is the ass kicking they took last year in the dome.

I don't disagree with any of that except the part about fans showing up. If we lose the Rams, this town will embrace any owner who wants to play here. ANY owner who steps out and says he wants to be here will get supported. You know how this town is, how it's favourite players are always the scrappy small town types guys. The remarks Davis made about putting in money and his modest requirements for a stadium would instantly put him in good shape if Stan leaves for greed. I'd be willing to bet every ROD dime I have that we would sell out if that happens. Every single person I've ever spoken to is full on board supporting another team IF the Rams leave. And why wouldnt they be? It's either that or we can play paintball in the abandoned blight on Sundays. Which does sound fun, but not as fun as a team. It's no full survey obviously, but the results of the only official survey done by the NFL backs that up.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think Stan wants to maximize his earnings or maybe he wants to own a team in LA. I have no idea. I do know that he owns a house in Malibu and he owns and operates business in LA. He did put a bid in to buy the Dodgers.

We all could agree that this is a money grab. Why else would these 3 teams want to move to LA?

That's how I read the tea leaves. I've never thought Stan was the ultimate Missouri man like he's made out to be, but it didn't hit home how absolutely little he's had to do with the city of STL until a heard a few interviews with Dan Dierdorf. He kind of spells it out. He's affiliated with Columbia, not the rest of the state. It's like the lottery for him. He buys a ticket and he either wins a LA home or settles for a new one in STL. Except his odds are 100%.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't disagree with any of that except the part about fans showing up. If we lose the Rams, this town will embrace any owner who wants to play here. ANY owner who steps out and says he wants to be here will get supported. You know how this town is, how it's favourite players are always the scrappy small town types guys. The remarks Davis made about putting in money and his modest requirements for a stadium would instantly put him in good shape if Stan leaves for greed. I'd be willing to bet every ROD dime I have that we would sell out if that happens. Every single person I've ever spoken to is full on board supporting another team IF the Rams leave. And why wouldnt they be? It's either that or we can play paintball in the abandoned blight on Sundays. Which does sound fun, but not as fun as a team. It's no full survey obviously, but the results of the only official survey done by the NFL backs that up.
All very good points. Can't disagree with you. It's possible I'm letting my feelings get in the way of reality. STL is an amazing city and they deserve a football team. But I think they deserve the Rams.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Please explain...how is this a jab to stl from me? All I did was state the obvious. I'm not the one that scheduled the Rams to play in Oxnard.

What does playing in Oxnard have anything to do with moving?

You do know that Stan and Jerry do business together, right?
You do know that the Cowboys have TC every year in Oxnard, right?
You do know that Stan doesn't have many friends among NFL owners, right?
You do know that Stan has fans of his team in the vicinity, right?

There are many reasons that they could have joint practices with the Cowboys. Now whether or not it be in STL or Oxnard. I haven't compared the facilities, but I'd venture to guess that the Cowboys have nicer facilities.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
All very good points. Can't disagree with you. It's possible I'm letting my feelings get in the way of reality. STL is an amazing city and they deserve a football team. But I think they deserve the Rams.

Me too.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
What does playing in Oxnard have anything to do with moving?

You do know that Stan and Jerry do business together, right?
You do know that the Cowboys have TC every year in Oxnard, right?
You do know that Stan has fans of his team in the vicinity, right?

There are many reasons that they could have joint practices with the Cowboys. Now whether or not it be in STL or Oxnard. I haven't compared the facilities, but I'd venture to guess that the Cowboys have nicer facilities.

You do know he's trying to move his football team to a nearby location, right?

Couldn't resist.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No I don't think we do know this one. Stan is spoken quite highly of by the other owners actually. I think many have tried to connect that dot but it seems to be more from those wanting to make him out as a villain that have pushed that theory. I think I'd agree with the other ones though.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You do know he's trying to move his football team to a nearby location, right?

Couldn't resist.

1428559194270.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.