New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Unless it comes down to a simple vote between Carson and Inglewood. Of course that would require both projects to be on equal footing at that time.

If the offers from both give the NFL no real difference, then yeah, but honestly if Stan was serious I'd expect him to start greasing palms. Ultimately I don't think these projects will ever be on equal footing, especially when you're looking at another year of cleanup at Carson to make it ready to build.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Here you go fellas. This is to all my Carson and STL fans. This interview is pro Carson and pro STL. I hope you guys enjoy. I'm throwing yall a bone...

The mayor from Carson. Interview from today. Said that Grubman told him the Rams will stay in STL.

Ahhhhhhh lol

http://kfwbam.com/2015/04/22/carson-mayor-confident-nfl-will-choose-carson-location-for-la/

First off.... "I'm throwing yall a bone"? Just stop already.

He said that Grubman told him that part about the Rams staying in St Louis? I missed him saying it. BTW - what I took from the interview is that he knows about as much on the other cities as he reads in the paper and it was his second day on the job. Did I hear that right?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No man - I'm saying that the Rams could either end up staying in St Louis or moving to LA. You had it the other way around which frankly is just silly.

I'm not so sure I had it backwards

Jim Thomas @jthom1 · 10h10 hours ago
Updated to include Kroenke, Demoff attendance at Inglewood stadium presentation. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/st-louis-stadium-group-states-its-case/article_9124484a-c5c9-52fb-a69b-544ded5c65c6.html…

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose

Several people on twitter were stating that Kevin was at both the STL Task Group presentation and the Inglewood. No one could confirm what role if any Kevin had at either presentations. Vinny confirmed Stan was at the STL presentation.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Several people on twitter were stating that Kevin was at both the STL Task Group presentation and the Inglewood. No one could confirm what role if any Kevin had at either presentations. Vinny confirmed Stan was at the STL presentation.

Yes @Goose did see that later this whole process is just crazy so in the words of Jack Buck..."Go crazy folks, go crazy!"

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
So Stan was at the meeting.
Questions.
Was it one big room with all the participants in there or individual presentations?
Is ESK there to disply he is engaged and 'exhausting all possibilities?
Is ESK aiding the task force in their pitch or shrewdly sizing up his competition?

I would think that it was important for him to attend although I am a tad surprised.
I imagine if they were pitching together than we'll hear all about it tomorrow. It could be an early end to all the speculation

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So do we interpret SK's presence as merely a ploy to show he's exhausted all possibilities, or as a sign of genuine interest? My magic 8 ball just says ask again later. Fucking thing is of no use.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If you don't get it that's fine, nobody expects you to, but don't act upset if you get called out for being off base, which you are when you attempt to suggest that San Diego and LA are the same. No matter which teams leave, that team is leaving that market, its as simple as that.

I'm just wondering why you didn't bring up Oakland. That was a valid case. SD does not have a gripe after 14 years. Raiders are the team that's really getting the shaft but you didn't mention them. It's whatever.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose

I just checked and these don't appear to be up yet.

Last edited:

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
So Stan was at the meeting.
Questions.
Was it one big room with all the participants in there or individual presentations?
Is ESK there to disply he is engaged and 'exhausting all possibilities?
Is ESK aiding the task force in their pitch or shrewdly sizing up his competition?

I would think that it was important for him to attend although I am a tad surprised.
I imagine if they were pitching together than we'll hear all about it tomorrow. It could be an early end to all the speculation

Another one for you would be if Inglewood wasn't being presented would Stan have been there at all? Based on his participation so far I was surprised to hear he was present.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Ultimately I don't think these projects will ever be on equal footing, especially when you're looking at another year of cleanup at Carson to make it ready to build.

That may be true, but we don't really know which site the NFL covets more. I heard somewhere that the NFL tried to buy the Carson site before.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Another one for you would be if Inglewood wasn't being presented would Stan have been there at all? Based on his participation so far I was surprised to hear he was present.
Me too. I was beginning to wonder if this whole silent Stan thing wasn't more like a "Weekend at Bernies". Not the sportswriter. lol

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Me too. I was beginning to wonder if this whole silent Stan thing wasn't more like a "Weekend at Bernies". Not the sportswriter. lol

If Stan came into a meeting in beachwear and sunglasses with Demoff and Fisher on each side holding him up I'd lose it.
REX_weekend_at_bernies_kab_140129_16x9_992.jpg

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
That may be true, but we don't really know which site the NFL covets more. I heard somewhere that the NFL tried to buy the Carson site before.
Chris, I believe I remember that it was back around a possible expansion the league was going to do a team there since nothing / no one else could/would do it. They obviously didn't do it for some reason though.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
If Stan came into a meeting in beachwear and sunglasses with Demoff and Fisher on each side holding him up I'd lose it.
REX_weekend_at_bernies_kab_140129_16x9_992.jpg
HA HA HA. It looks like Stan, 'stashe and all... ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I just checked and these don't appear to be up yet.

Man, I read the tweet and clicked the link. I was like, WTF....these aren't new renderings. Lol, I missed where you said they weren't up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.