New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So would you be okay with spending tax dollars for a Kansas City stadium without even getting a say in the matter? Or would you rather KC pays for it?
If it had as many overwhelmingly positive reasons to do so like this does, yes, I'd be all for it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If it had as many overwhelmingly positive reasons to do so like this does, yes, I'd be all for it.

I guess, because I certainly wouldn't be okay with paying for Levi's stadium, or really any stadium that wasn't in Los Angeles. Maybe it's part of a bigger state with more urban populations, but if San Francisco, San Diego, etc wanted state tax dollars for a stadium, I'd personally vote for them to fuck off.

wsaladen

Rookie
My statement made earlier was for any trolls insisting that the Rams are not at home in St. Louis. How does it feel. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I can't wait until the end of the 2015 season so that we will know what the deal is.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
And so the mystery goes. Get the feeling this all a big game to the NFL? It seems clear that lost in all this are the fans of all four cities in limbo.

That's exactly how i feel. Fuck the NFL, I love football but i hate the fuckers in charge of it. Everyone i know is always like "Rams are coming back, you happy?" I give the same response "ill belive it when it happens, right now its a bunch of rich fuckers playing games with the fans"

Ozoneranger

Rookie
I haven't posted since September (personal tragedy), so I went straight to the last post in this. I apologize if this is redundant or thoroughly discussed.

Given this:

Rams will move to LA and will get a nice deal on the relo fees since Stan has done what no one else has- put forward a workable plan, a shovel-ready deal with private financing.
Not a rat's chance in hell Oakland gets anything done for the Raiders- and Levi's isn't an option due to neighbor hood concerns (I work a 1.5 miles from the stadium).
San Diego won't leave Cali- and renegs on the Raider deal (which doesn't make any sense at all from a league standpoint).

St. Louis comes through on the stadium front and takes the Raiders. Rams\San Diego share Kroenke's palace.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
That's essentially what I got as well, he seemed quite pessimistic about Oakland.

Although I don't think that it isn't noteworthy that if Kroenke wants to do something he usually does it, I would say it's noteworthy. He just follows it up by saying that Stan hasn't ruled anything out, and has left options open. I think when he talked about proposal, he was talking more about relocation proposal. Kroenke has played his cards to his chest, and he hasn't told anyone what he really wants to do, or at least told them not to say anything.

What I took from that part of the interview is that whatever Stan wants he'll end up getting it done, but he either doesn't know what Stan wants or can't say what Stan wants, so ultimately we're all SOL until Stan says.

But then again, who freaking knows with these guys, they've all mastered the art of saying nothing.
He basically said what Jerry said

"He plays his cards real close to the vest," Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "He's information gathering. He's listening. He's observing. He's evaluating. But then make no mistake about it, there's nothing quiet about him when he goes."
Eric didn't say the same for Spanos or Davis. If Spanos wanted LA so bad he could of moved to LA all these years. He was a free agent and no one could've of stopped him.
If Eric is saying the same thing as Jerry, that basically what the league is thinking. It's just my humble opinion but it is interesting how Jerry and Grubman have the same mindset about Stan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My statement made earlier was for any trolls insisting that the Rams are not at home in St. Louis. How does it feel. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I can't wait until the end of the 2015 season so that we will know what the deal is.
If you just speak to specific posts you will almost always be fine here. And maybe you are not aware but you just insinuated we have trolls here. Just go by the first sentence. You will be better off that way. We tend to figure out who might be trolling and deal with it accordingly. Not sure if you are just used to other sites but to give you a heads up, we don't put up with trolling, nor do we put up with people calling members trolls.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I haven't posted since September (personal tragedy), so I went straight to the last post in this. I apologize if this is redundant or thoroughly discussed.

Given this:

Rams will move to LA and will get a nice deal on the relo fees since Stan has done what no one else has- put forward a workable plan, a shovel-ready deal with private financing.
Not a rat's chance in hell Oakland gets anything done for the Raiders- and Levi's isn't an option due to neighbor hood concerns (I work a 1.5 miles from the stadium).
San Diego won't leave Cali- and renegs on the Raider deal (which doesn't make any sense at all from a league standpoint).

St. Louis comes through on the stadium front and takes the Raiders. Rams\San Diego share Kroenke's palace.
Sorry for whatever personal tragedy you had.

One suggestion: Phrase your opinions as just that. And you might actually discuss why you think what you do. This has been going on for 260 pages do just about everything has been discussed to death.

Not sure what neighborhood concerns you are referring to but maybe you could shed light on that as there are several members that live in the bay area as well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He basically said what Jerry said

"He plays his cards real close to the vest," Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "He's information gathering. He's listening. He's observing. He's evaluating. But then make no mistake about it, there's nothing quiet about him when he goes."
Eric didn't say the same for Spanos or Davis. If Spanos wanted LA so bad he could of moved to LA all these years. He was a free agent and no one could've of stopped him.
If Eric is saying the same thing as Jerry, that basically what the league is thinking. It's just my humble opinion but it is interesting how Jerry and Grubman have the same mindset about Stan.
I don't think anyone is doubting Stan's abilities to do what he sets out to do. But what does he actually want to do? Does he want the LA market in earnest and more so than he wants to have a team in MO? Quite possibly but we are not sure. Does the idea of potentially fighting the NFL in court and building in Inglewood (if that ends up being the case) outweigh a pretty cool riverfront stadium in his native state?

I'm no fan of Spanos. I agree that he could have had a deal worked out in either SD or LA long ago. He has been shooting down everything because up to this point, he has wanted pretty much everything handed to him. I just don't see where he gets the actual financial backing now to be able to build the Carson project even with Davis on board. But I have to admit that I am no financing expert. I do know though that ROI is a complex series of timing, price points, and accounting. Often what looks like a money loser on face value ends up being a workable project.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Given this:

Yeah and then all of 30,000 people will show up to watch the fucking Raiders and half of them will have Rams gear on. Great plan.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Consider it done. Just my opine as the most logical solution for all three teams. I should have made that clear as opposed to a declaration. Or so it seemed.

My reasoning is this: All the smoke signals tell me the NFL doesn't want the Raiders in LA. Mark Davis isn't his dad as a vexatious litigant, but he's also not the sharpest tool in the shed business-wise, either. Levi's is out- the neighborhoods to the north and west of the stadium are virtual hostages on game days. They're pretty much locked in. Traffic problems are still being worked out and 17 straight weeks of NFL crowds (plus possible playoffs) negate any chance of the Raiders moving in. IMO It was discussed early on (this was the NFL's preference, ala New York) and dismissed. The Raiders would build a stadium in Concord, CA. before a move to Levi's. But, staying in Oakland will leave them withering on the financial vine. They have to go somewhere else.

I admin being surprised at how fast St. Louis has come to the table with a viable plan (almost at this date). I'm impressed, too. I think they fucked up when the Convention leaders declined to accept the Rams renovation plan- it would have been cheaper in the long run- and the Dome would be under renovation right now. And the STL fans wouldn't be going through what LA fans had to endure 23 years ago. And- St. Louis has proven itself to be a pretty good football town, a fact (yes) that the other owners have not overlooked. So given Kroenke's bulldozer tactics, not to mention cash and land and expertise, it's just logical to me for the league to approve (with greased palms) his move to LA and replace them in St.Louis with the Raiders.

Now, if you had told me I would be writing this two years ago I would have told you I was high on mushrooms. But I haven't used shrooms since I was 17.

Hope that's a little more clarity. I'm just getting up to speed after being on the DL for so long.

tonyl711

Starter
The Rams established that on Jan 5, when the Kroenke group announced that it is bulding a stadium in Inglewood.
you know you really need to watch what you say, these vieled insults from you are getting very old, I have kept my temper with you for a long time now, I hope I don't end up getting banned from here for defending my city from your insults. if you have followed this thread (and I know you have) you will see that everyone else refrains from taking shots at anyone else, why cant you do the same?

tonyl711

Starter
You could look at the Rams playing in Oxnard anyway you want.

At the end of the day it pisses of STL Rams and it promotes the Rams in LA. It also gets people in LA excited about the possibility the Rams moving to LA.

Is that a fact or not?
the fact is that you are baiting St Louis fans, give your act a rest please.

tonyl711

Starter
I agree that the stadium can be something else, but if they DO build the stadium, it wont be for soccer, it'll be for the Rams. He gave himself an out with more residential areas (I believe that's what the out is) so he's not locked into the stadium yet. As for the Oxford practice, I also agree that nobody should read too far into the Oxford practice, but I wouldn't say that it makes no sense to read into it. It's not an accident, the team knows what they're doing, so it's logical for people to connect the dots there. It doesn't mean that they're definitely moving, but it likely gives Stan more ammo when it comes time for voting, and that in itself is key. It doesn't mean he's leaving, but it strengthens his position to do so if he wants to.
how does having a practice strengthen his position?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Demoff going to be on 101.1 tomorrow. I'll have to find a time.

Two radio interviews in 2 days. We haven't heard from him since the whole "it's going to get worse before it gets better."

Think it's a coincidence that it's the day after the meeting today? Perhaps it's draft party stuff he's talking about.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Peacock said he wasn't planning to speak of the meetings until he returns to StL from NYC.
Sounds like Demoff want's to address the season ticket holders there.

Chris, I doubt it's a draft party or anything other than to smooth over the Rams situation with the local fans because they want to sell tickets. Makes sense, so I believe we will be getting a very positive spin from Peacock and Demoff very soon. Likely tomorrow.

Now, if the Rams have predetermined to stay or the owners committee made it clear to everyone today the team is not moving, you should expect Stan's silence to stop... I mean what better way to stop the confusion, apathy, bad branding, sell tickets etc, then to just tell it like it is. Why wait anymore unless it's not favorable to those parties involved? Is ESK risking his own fan base to help Spanos or Davis get their deals done? Will sponsors, corporations, etc back out now if they know they are staying?

Now that they have made their pitches, what's left other than filling in some blanks caused by unpreparedness from some of the participants or their sites?

More ambiguity likely means nothing has changed and / or they are all under a gag order until the owners make their vote results public in the fall.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Peacock said he wasn't planning to speak of the meetings until he returns to StL from NYC.
Sounds like Demoff want's to address the season ticket holders there.

Chris, I doubt it's a draft party or anything other than to smooth over the Rams situation with the local fans because they want to sell tickets. Makes sense, so I believe we will be getting a very positive spin from Peacock and Demoff very soon. Likely tomorrow.

Now, if the Rams have predetermined to stay or the owners committee made it clear to everyone today the team is not moving, you should expect Stan's silence to stop... I mean what better way to stop the confusion, apathy, bad branding, sell tickets etc, then to just tell it like it is. Why wait anymore unless it's not favorable to those parties involved? Is ESK risking his own fan base to help Spanos or Davis get their deals done? Will sponsors, corporations, etc back out now if they know they are staying?

Now that they have made their pitches, what's left other than filling in some blanks caused by unpreparedness from some of the participants or their sites?

More ambiguity likely means nothing has changed and / or they are all under a gag order until the owners make their vote results public in the fall.

You'll never hear from Stan. The way he does business is by being structured. You'll never hear anything directly from the top. Hell, the only way Peacock was able to talk to him was by running into him at the Super Bowl.

I expect that anything Rams news related will come from Demoff. It'll never go any higher than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.