New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't have to prove anything, you have to prove to me how I was disrespectful to the ppl in STL.
Dude, a lot of your posts can be viewed as disrespectful to the people in Stl. You have a history of posting based on blind homerism for L.A. and I honestly think you don't know that you are pissing a lot of people off with the things you post. You state a lot of things as fact when they are purely your opinion. There are a lot of good pro L.A. posters here who come off as very objective when stating their opinions and should the Rams stay in St. Louis I would feel for them as I believe they would feel for us if the team leaves. You are not one of those posters, imo.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Peacock is the Man! Every time you hear him talk, he just knows what he is doing and how to do it right. I hope we get more renderings and details about the stadium after the meeting.

beej

Rookie
Here's a Plan that would satisfy a lot of different dynamics, egos, and billionaire cravings.

Leave all the current teams where they are. Expand the league globally by having a world conference along with the conferences they already have. Put an expansion team in LA that would play a London team, Mexico City, Beijing, etc.

The winner from that conference goes to the playoffs same as all the others.

You LA fans are the ones who keep calling yourselves an international city, this would address that. The biggest problem I see with this idea is that the owners other plans are too far along to stop.

RamBill

Legend
Dave Peacock and his task force will present the St. Louis stadium plan to the NFL’s relocation committee at the league’s headquarters in New York City on Wednesday. Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After to discuss what he’s hearing about the presentation, the project’s financing and the latest with Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Inglewood plan.

Listen to JT Talk STL Stadium Plan

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

View: https://twitter.com/stlstadium/status/590881094532210688

CDM7OUoWgAAv_fm.jpg:large

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I would think the permits haven't been applied for because the blueprints are not complete. I would think they are in the midst of completing the foundation plans so they can be submitted by June/ July and have permits by August/ September.
They have to complete all the structural before permits. Typically you don't get approved for a foundation plan before the whole project get's the green light from the building dept.
Inglewood is ahead and they are still in structural.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
You LA fans are the ones who keep calling yourselves an international city
Not really. That's disrespectful, there's a lot of nba,nhl,mlb,mls,nfl fans in LA. There's nothing more American then Lakers&Clippers, Dogers&Angeles, Kings&Ducks.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They have to complete all the structural before permits. Typically you don't get approved for a foundation plan before the whole project get's the green light from the building dept.
Inglewood is ahead and they are still in structural.

Well, you've got:

Civil -> Structural/Architectural -> Mechanical -> Electrical

Structural can't figure out any loads until they have grade elevations first. But the rest I agree with. My experience would be industrial, though. And I'm not clear on the permitting.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not really. That's disrespectful, there's a lot of nba,nhl,mlb,mls,nfl fans in LA. There's nothing more American then Lakers&Clippers, Dogers&Angeles, Kings&Ducks.

Your best move is to just leave this line of comments and move on to something else. It's not adding anything to this whole situation.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Well, you've got:

Civil -> Structural/Architectural -> Mechanical -> Electrical

Structural can't figure out any loads until they have grade elevations first. But the rest I agree with. My experience would be industrial, though. And I'm not clear on the permitting.

Chris, I believe the civil was handled long ago when the NFL proposed to build there. (One of the reasons I believe the Carson site was targeted by SD). Structural and architectural go hand in hand and if there are actually architectural drawings (not just renderings) then the structural has likely begun. I'm not sure about load calc's pertaining to grade elevations unless with respect to the geo (IMO that is the bugaboo in Carson). Inglewood would need more in that respect as it is being built underground.
Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, environmental, title 24(if) etc all come later. Still a project is not typically permitted until all phases are sorted out and the project is deemed safe and practical enough to build.
The meeting last night was a meeting to green light the project from a community perspective. Like a design review approval. That's a big step. Now the real nut's and bolts begin to turn. (no offense Oakland and SD)

bluecoconuts

Legend
You LA fans are the ones who keep calling yourselves an international city, this would address that.

Sorry but LA is an international city, its not just crap LA fans are saying. Los Angeles is an Alpha city (Global city) based on its economy, media, infrastructure, education, etc. That IS a fact.

beej

Rookie
Sorry but LA is an international city, its not just crap LA fans are saying. Los Angeles is an Alpha city (Global city) based on its economy, media, infrastructure, education, etc. That IS a fact.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm agreeing with you. Which is why my idea sort of makes sense. Put an expansion world conference team there. Leave the other teams where they are.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm not arguing with you. I'm agreeing with you. Which is why my idea sort of makes sense. Put an expansion world conference team there. Leave the other teams where they are.

The world conference should be LA, Toronto, Mexico City, and Sao Paulo. I'm not sure flying distance from Sao Paulo to Toronto as opposed to London, but time zones are much easier to work with if we stayed on this side of the world.

bluecoconuts

Legend

It read as very sarcastic, and it's obvious that it wouldn't work. Unfortunately one, possibly two, cities are going to lose the NFL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would think the permits haven't been applied for because the blueprints are not complete. I would think they are in the midst of completing the foundation plans so they can be submitted by June/ July and have permits by August/ September.
That may be. Sounds a little optimistic on a plan this elaborate to have the planning commission and city council approvals in two months. But if it's up to them, they probably will get it done ASAP once submitted. I haven't heard or read anything about their actual timing on them. It should be pretty obvious though when they start actual construction on a stadium if they do. I don't think that big of a hole is going to be easy to miss. Until there is a big ass hole being dug. there is still the possibility that it won't actually happen and something else will go in instead. No one really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.