New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They might change the unis and maybe tweak the colors to start fresh in la. If they move that is. It's still blue and gold. From all the colors they had to choose those 2 colors for the seats and jersey colors in the renderings? Cmon man

With rumors they are looking to change it up soon, it wouldn't shock me if they did. Of course that's still a long ways off. I think they'll probably look to bring back the blue and white at least as throwbacks.

One team in the renders are wearing all whites, it's confirmed

I don't think they are going to change their uniforms just for a move, I think it will happen no matter what happens. I think they did target a 2016 change though, so it could happen. It may happen this year though, I'm not sure when they can make a swap. NFL has goofy uniform rules.

Ram Sarge

UDFA
It might also be cheaper to cool due to being set into the ground. I remember the City of Industry project being sunk into the ground in order to make it 'greener". It was easier to cool, which would likely be the case here as well. It seems very smartly designed, I'm interested in knowing more details, but it's hard to not be impressed thus far. There's still likely small tweaks to be made, but I don't think we'll see any major changes.

I would like to know what they'll do for a scoreboard though, while having the little wave thing is cool, it's similar to what they do at Staples. however I feel you still need some sort of scoreboard and HD video screen. I'm sure it's there somewhere though.

Also, it doesn't appear to have a tailgating section. Looking at the pictures, unless its on the other side of the stadium that we cant see, where do people park?

RamBill

Legend
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer ·

1) On Monday, the NFL will provide an update to clubs on LA. The Rams, Chargers and Raiders won't present their respective LA projects.

2) When questions come, clubs will be free to answer. But it's more likely the league will answer LA questions, clubs on their home markets.

3) NFL's dilemma now: The Rams have the strongest project. They're also the least qualified of the 3 to move, by NFL's relocation criteria.

4) At least in the short term, the likely outcome is 2 (not 3) teams in South California. So either 2 in LA, or 1 in San Diego and 1 in LA.

5) NFL is working to set up April visits to San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis. League is doing its own market assessment on those 3 cities.

6) There are about 10-12 possible scenarios that could play out. 1 interesting one: Rams to LA; Raiders to StL; SD stays put for time being.

7) If that scenario played out, Rams would get head start, Raiders get fresh start, Chargers set a deadline for SD to get stadium done.

8) NFL is in a good spot in regards to LA. Competing projects = Better projects. Good likelihood, as Mara said, there's a team there in '16.

9) Among the things NFL pays attention to -- A club's popularity in LA. Per LA Times polling, Rams win that one

10) We won't get answers this week. But at this point, those involved believe there's a good chance things crystallize on LA in Oct or Nov.

-- One other thing -- Dodger Stadium remains under consideration, along with the Coliseum and Rose Bowl, as a potential temp NFL home.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Also, it doesn't appear to have a tailgating section. Looking at the pictures, unless its on the other side of the stadium that we cant see, where do people park?

It's part of a huge park, with multiple venues. I don't know where the parking is, but I know there's the forum across the street with parking and another existing lot for the park right now, I don't know how if they've talked about that though. I think they're probably going to have parking garages and then if you want to tailgate there's the forum parking lot.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It's part of a huge park, with multiple venues. I don't know where the parking is, but I know there's the forum across the street with parking and another existing lot for the park right now, I don't know how if they've talked about that though. I think they're probably going to have parking garages and then if you want to tailgate there's the forum parking lot.

Pretty sure most of what used to be Kroenke's land in the Northern Parcel is set aside for parking.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Wow! Those LA stadium renderings/plans look insane. As in insanely awesome. Man, to see our Rams play in such a place...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wow! Those LA stadium renderings/plans look insane. As in insanely awesome. Man, to see our Rams play in such a place...

The Riverfront project in the Gateway City is awesome too either way considering their record (in the last decade) the Rams are going to be very fortunate.

RamBill

Legend
NFL official: Los Angeles situation is “High tension”
Posted on March 22, 2015
by Vincent Bonsignore

http://www.insidesocal.com/nfl/2015/03/22/nfl-official-los-angeles-situation-is-high-tension/

PHOENIX – The lush, manicured landscape and desert oasis ambiance of the luxurious Arizona hotel the National Football League has gathered this week seems like a curious place to stage a game of demolition derby.
On the other hand, considering the hundreds of millions of dollars resting in the outcome, the opulence and indulgence offers the ideal setting for such a greedy, high-stakes competition to decide what NFL will land the golden goose known formally as the vacant Los Angeles market.
“High tension,” is how NFL vice president Eric Grubman described situation.
He should know. As the league point man on relocation to Los Angeles and retaining teams in their current markets, Grubman will stand before league owners tomorrow to deliver updates on the quagmire that Los Angeles is becoming.
That means bringing owners up to date on what’s going on with the Raiders and Chargers fights to get new stadiums in Oakland and San Diego – the league seems skeptical of either getting it done – and their partnership in a shared stadium in Carson.
In addition to giving updates on the Rams situation in St. Louis and owner Stan Kroenke’s plan to build a stadium on the old Hollywood Park race track in Inglewood.
Presumably to be the new home for the Rams.
Unless Missouri steps up with a plan to keep them in St. Louis – something the NFL has a noticeable level of confidence in, despite the uphill climb squeezing public money out of cities and states these days.
Or maybe in spite of that plan, if Kroenke’s wish is to simply move to Los Angeles.
“Stan will turn his card over when he has to,” Grubman said, not sure himself what Kroenke’s end game is.
Grubman doesn’t believe owners would OK Kroenke walking away from $500 million in public assistance. And he doesn’t think Kroenke would disobey them by going rogue.
Although he isn’t 100 percent certain.
No one is.
Kroenke holds all the cards at the moment.
What we do know is, St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego essentially have until the end of 2015 to put together approved stadium plans.
If not, their teams are fee to file for relocation to Los Angeles beginning January 1.
All of which should make for an interesting Monday for Grubman, who will tell owners Kroenke’s Inglewood project is entitled and ready to be built and that the Chargers and Raiders are on target for an approved Carson project by May.
But that St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego remain quite a distance from figuring out their situations.
“I’ll be on the hot seat,” he said, wearing a wry smile.
It doesn’t have to be this way. With just a little bit of common sense and a tad bit of decency we can pave a much smoother road back to Los Angeles.
And in the process, avoid the ugly bloodletting we’ll witness over the next six or seven months in which the Rams, Raiders and Chargers are pitted against each other while far too much time, energy, rhetoric and money will be spent deciding an outcome.
But then, that would mean the NFL actually being in front of the process rather than playing catch up.
As one league official told me on Sunday, that would contradict just about everything that’s happened during the league’s feeble two-decade long march back to the City of Angels.
Culminating with the ugly situation we now face in which three of the league’s 32 teams – or roughly 10 percent of the NFL – have become lame ducks in their home markets and all three are officially attached to a pair of competing stadium plans in the Los Angeles area.
With one owner – Kroenke – essentially a step ahead of everyone, including the league.
“It’s been 20 years of pretty much unrelenting incompetence by the NFL in the LA market,” the league official said.
Unless the league takes control between now and the end of the calendar year, it’s likely to get much worse.
“The question is, who really believes the NFL knows what it’s doing at this point regarding L.A?,” a league official asked.
Grubman will stand before the owners Monday hoping to shed some light on things.
The reality is, the 20-year mess the NFL has made of Los Angeles is headed to a fascinating finish.
And maybe even an ugly one.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Can you imagine what Johnny U was thinking as that behemoth of a mad man was bearing down on him? Chills!! While Merlin, Rosey and Lamar were swarming.

He wasn't always bothered by the fearsome foursome...My first Rams game was 1964...First play from scrimmage was Unitas to John Mackey for 80...Quick 7-0 start of a long day...

myronjax

UDFA
Just got back from Tunica, MS-my wife lost $$ and i lost golf balls during my 30th anniversary..had to rush here to get the latest updates on all of this! You guys are the best! This coming week in Phoenix should be interesting, but probably wont clarify this mess much. After reading some earlier posts about how the television broadcasting of games in LA seems to be the most popular games that week, a question arises. And i dont ask this because i'm trying to downplay the Rams popularity in LA or anything-i dont have an agenda, believe me. Yes, i want the team to stay put, but i'll still follow them-too much emotional investment not to. There was a reference to a recent LA Times poll on the most popular NFL team in LA, with the Rams an overwhelming favorite. The question: In the last 10 years of historical mediocrity by our favorite team, how often have they been on TV there in LA?

iced

Just got back from Tunica, MS-my wife lost $$ and i lost golf balls during my 30th anniversary..had to rush here to get the latest updates on all of this! You guys are the best! This coming week in Phoenix should be interesting, but probably wont clarify this mess much. After reading some earlier posts about how the television broadcasting of games in LA seems to be the most popular games that week, a question arises. And i dont ask this because i'm trying to downplay the Rams popularity in LA or anything-i dont have an agenda, believe me. Yes, i want the team to stay put, but i'll still follow them-too much emotional investment not to. There was a reference to a recent LA Times poll on the most popular NFL team in LA, with the Rams an overwhelming favorite. The question: In the last 10 years of historical mediocrity by our favorite team, how often have they been on TV there in LA?

when I lived in LA area from '06 to '2010, i think the only times I saw them non-prime time was mostly when it was like an end of the game thing.

The only season I missed the beginning of was the '07 season so I could be wrong for that one
unless they were playing one of the california teams

bluecoconuts

Legend

In the early 2000's they were on TV quite a bit in non primetime. I remember clearly watching Warner fumble against the Giants in his last season (the opener) as well as Bulger leading them past the Bears in 2004, as well as various other games. As the team started to go to crap, they showed other games more often.

Like any other "neutral" market, they show the popular high ratings teams. Lots of Dallas, Seattle, etc now. To be honest with how the NFL controls the broadcasting, LA probably doesn't even have a say in what teams are shown.

They typically get at least one non primetime game a year though.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD

Not to often. If I were in charge, things would be different. lol
Many would watch but they don't show distant out of market teams. Not Oakland either.
Game of the week, BGA (best game available) or SD, that's about it.
NFL ticket does the trick.

RamBill

Legend
The Los Angeles Times is reporting Rams owner Stan Kroenke will make his plans for a new stadium in Inglewood, California, official at the NFL owners’ meetings in Arizona this week. The Times report that Kroenke’s representatives have already provided the paper with a “first look” at new renderings of the proposed $1.86 billion stadium. It features a clear, high-tech plastic roof on which advertisements can be projected and be visible to planes passing over-head from the nearby LAX airport. The St. Louis Stadium Task Force has proposed at $985 million, open-air riverfront stadium to keep the team in St. Louis.

Watch Fox2's Inglewood Report

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Unless Missouri steps up with a plan to keep them in St. Louis – something the NFL has a noticeable level of confidence in, despite the uphill climb squeezing public money out of cities and states these days.

This is something I have heard a lot of lately. I know that Mr. Silvey has proposed his bill but hasn't even made a dent in the confidence of those involved in the project. The confidence in the Riverfront Stadium is high. Me? I am worried but I'm told I have no reason to be. Bernie even alluded to as much in his forum.

BernieM said:
Thanks.

As I've written multiple times, the Broncos/Kroenke thing has been in the air for quite a while, and it's gaining currency.

As for the stadium -- nothing that has happened (in Jeff City) has wobbled Peackock-Blitz. They know things that we do not know. They are feeling fine about everything. Maybe they are crazy, but they are still upbeat. At least for now.

-B

To add a little context to Bernie's statement. Someone posted news they had heard about the stadium situation and part of that news was Kroenke's desire to purchase the Broncos. Bernie did not say that Kroenke was going to buy the Broncos just that he had a desire to buy if the opportunity presented itself. As for the other information someone heard it was not my information to share so I did not feel it was appropriate to do so.

Last edited:

myronjax

UDFA
In the early 2000's they were on TV quite a bit in non primetime. I remember clearly watching Warner fumble against the Giants in his last season (the opener) as well as Bulger leading them past the Bears in 2004, as well as various other games. As the team started to go to crap, they showed other games more often.

Like any other "neutral" market, they show the popular high ratings teams. Lots of Dallas, Seattle, etc now. To be honest with how the NFL controls the broadcasting, LA probably doesn't even have a say in what teams are shown.

They typically get at least one non primetime game a year though.
So it has been difficult to remain a Rams fan, unless you had the NFL ticket, because TV wasn't helping you much with broadcasts. Thumbs up to you guys, and Ram fans in non NFL markets! I live in Bears territory, and have Dish instead of Direct TV, so i have to resort to my computer to find a broadcast of the game. You know you're a fan when you will suffer through a halting streaming video from Germany, with the 2 announcers barking in german, and the only words you recognize are an occasional "Stephen Jackson", Lol! Thumbs up guys!!
As to this week's circus in Phoenix, any reason why Mr. Peacock wasn't invited? Seems like it would be an opportunity for all of the owners to be up to speed on events pertaining to St. Louis, as opposed to getting their information via Mr. Grubman. I understand that he's the point man on all of this, but with everyone in one place, the middle man can take a break-get the information on St. Louis' progress directly from the source. They will eventually need all info before making a relocation vote.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ants-john-mara-expects-one-or-two-teams-in-la
Giants' John Mara expects one or two teams in L.A.

There are three potential NFL teams that could move to Los Angeles. New York Giants owner John Mara expects at least one of them to move to Los Angeles next year.

"I think there's going to be 1-2 teams playing in Los Angeles next year," Mara told a group of reporters including NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport at the NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix.

Asked to clarify, Mara made it clear he thinks at least one team will playing there in the 2016 season. And those words carry weight when coming from one of the most influential owners in the NFL.
The candidates to move are clear. The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders teamed up for a stadium proposal in Carson back in February. Later in the month, the Inglewood City Council approved to build a football stadium that includes St. Louis Ramsowner Stan Kroenke as a partner. Construction for that plan could potentially start by the end of the year, with a stadium ready by 2018.

"In my opinion, the most important thing represented by the recently announced club-driven initiatives, is that the options available to present a viable L.A. solution have increased," executive vice president of NFL ventures and business operations Eric Grubman told NFL Media in February. "No project is certain until all the issues have been worked out, and the owners have voted to move forward, but two potentially viable projects pushing ahead increases the probability that something could get done."

NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that the league will provide an update to clubs on L.A. on Monday. According to a league source, the NFL is working to set up April visits to San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis, with the league conducting its own market assessment on those three cities.

Having three teams in the L.A. and San Diego market -- Rams and Raiders in L.A.; Chargers in San Diego -- won't not feasible, Rapoport reported, per league sources.

There are 10 to 12 possible scenarios that could play out, with an interesting one being the Rams moving to L.A., the Raiders moving to St. Louis and the Chargers staying put for the time being. Under this scenario, the Rams get a head start, the Raiders get a fresh start and the Chargers set a deadline for San Diego to get a stadium done.

Giants president and co-owner John Mara said Sunday that he believes that pro football will return to the Los Angeles market by 2016.

Owners will be updated on the progress of the Los Angeles market when they gather this week for their annual spring meetings, but Mara thinks the NFL will be back in the country's second-biggest market sooner rather than later.

"I think there's going to be one or two teams playing in LA next year -- 2016," Mara said. "Maybe a temporary stadium [next year], but I think -- and this is just my opinion -- that one or two teams will be playing somewhere in L.A. next year. But we'll see."

Mara declined to identify which teams might be playing in Los Angeles, and he said no vote would be taken at this week's meetings. In recent weeks, St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has sparked speculation that he is ready to move his team back to Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Times reported on Sunday that Kroenke has a stadium plan that could house two teams.

The Times reported last month that the Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers have partnered in a venture that would bring those teams to Los Angeles with a similar stadium-sharing arrangement.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
ANYTHING BUT THE GOLD PANTS!!!

If the Gold Pants have a blue stripe then all will be fine...Personally I want them to go back to these uniforms:
nfl_u_youngblood_ps_400.jpg
jack_youngblood_1978_11_26.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.