New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Indy still has a classic look to it without being overly modern. I think that is proof in itself that you don't have to go futuristic and accomplish and entertainment venue. Personally I don't like the look of those other stadiums at all I think they are an eye sore.

I don't see how it's an eye sore, it's very sleek, much better than a giant slab of concrete jutting up from the ground. The guys who designed the Colt's stadium worked on this one I guess. It's just how the trends are going. Even the updated look of the Riverfront stadium started going that route.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
What I don't get is why in the hell in Southern California we are talking about ARTIFICIAL FREAKING TURF! They could install subsurface irrigation and from waste water and have a real ecofriendly grass field.

The design is so LA. Futuristic like LAX, takes some of the radius's from the Forum, sky, blue and sea foam white scheme, the exterior curves resemble a breaking wave and so on. The surrounding residence wont have to stare a a giant structure which is brilliant. I imagine it's cooler in the ground too.
The grids on the grass though? Awful. I like the clear projector roof but the grids? Really?
I'm not sure real grass will grow well under glass. The turf part sucks too.
So everything is great about this City of Champions stadium, and very likely greater than the league could have dreamed for, but the players experience with the broken light and the turf isn't optimal.
I miss grass stains on the backsides of opposing QB's. Grass is what football is supposed to be played on , , , outdoors.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The rich folks in LA will pay money to get into this stadium. You need something too attract them. The Carson stadium is ok Its similar to Levis stadium. The Vikings,Falcons and this Ingelwood stadium are eye catchers. It's the future. 10 years from now will see something more over the top and bizarre. I think these 3 new stadiums are unique. I rather have this then another typical bowl stadium. It's something new that we haven't seen before. If you look at stadiums internationally you'll be amazed they have beautiful soccer stadiums with futuristic designs. Its a new wave of stadiums from here on out.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Wow, what a palace. The crown jewel of NFL stadiums, IMO. That glass roof would make real loud in there, I think.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Stan Kroenke ready to show NFL owners detailed Inglewood stadium plans

By Sam Farmer

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-inglewood-20150322-column.html

Moderator note: I appreciate you providing a link and all but I believe this is the third time this article has been referenced in this thread. I left the link for anyone who may have missed it but deleted the article itself as it takes up mondo room.

Last edited by a moderator:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The design is so LA. Futuristic like LAX, takes some of the radius's from the Forum, sky, blue and sea foam white scheme, the exterior curves resemble a breaking wave and so on. The surrounding residence wont have to stare a a giant structure which is brilliant. I imagine it's cooler in the ground too.
The grids on the grass though? Awful. I like the clear projector roof but the grids? Really?
I'm not sure real grass will grow well under glass. The turf part sucks too.
So everything is great about this City of Champions stadium, and very likely greater than the league could have dreamed for, but the players experience with the broken light and the turf isn't optimal.
I miss grass stains on the backsides of opposing QB's. Grass is what football is supposed to be played on , , , outdoors.

Here's what I observed from all those futuristic drawings....The Rams are going back to their gold pants!:banana:

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Here's what I observed from all those futuristic drawings....The Rams are going back to their gold pants!:banana:

LOL! Great catch Den !!
IMO, it looks like the wrong gold as did the seats in the rendering. Of course I'm partial to the colors in my avi.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
It's not glass. It's clear plastic film called ETFE. Google ETFE. The Vikings stadium is using it.
You're right, not glass, but it will keep some of the sound from escaping. This stadium might be the best of both worlds between a dome and open air. Would be pretty exciting to have our Horns playing in a stadium like that one, no matter where it's located.

bluecoconuts

Legend
LOL! Great catch Den !!
IMO, it looks like the wrong gold as did the seats in the rendering. Of course I'm partial to the colors in my avi.

It can't be a coincidence. The players are even blue and gold lol

To be honest it looked more like the Packers throwbacks in terms of raw colors to me.

pg2_ap_packers_unis_576.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Of course I'm partial to the colors in my avi.

As well you should be my hope either way is they go back to those uniforms and the blue and whites as the throwbacks, but only white on white for the blue and whites.
deacon_jones_1967_10_15.jpg

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Can you imagine what Johnny U was thinking as that behemoth of a mad man was bearing down on him? Chills!! While Merlin, Rosey and Lamar were swarming.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can you imagine what Johnny U was thinking as that behemoth of a mad man was bearing down on him? Chills!! While Merlin, Rosey and Lamar were swarming.
Almost looks like JU is packing a load. Not much wonder why a few QBs simply went into fetal position.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
To be honest it looked more like the Packers throwbacks in terms of raw colors to me.

pg2_ap_packers_unis_576.jpg
They might change the unis and maybe tweak the colors to start fresh in la. If they move that is. It's still blue and gold. From all the colors they had to choose those 2 colors for the seats and jersey colors in the renderings? Cmon man

Status
Not open for further replies.