New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It is not my logic. It is your logic. You are saying this D is more talented than last year's D which I disagree . So , if we have more talent now and we play WORSE ( much worse ) it means it is scheme . So it is the DC's fault . Maybe hiring Shula was a mistake ? Too early to tell and I will give him one full season before asking for his head but so far , he is not doing well.
I'm ok with disagreement.

Re: Shula maybe he was a mistake. Who knows. But we gotta wait for more sample size.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I will give some more time to Tre , he is 29 , still young . So , let's see . But it is not looking good so far . About Jonah , he is a good PASS blocker . Check his ratings for the past 3 years in run blocking and you will see , not good .
PFF run blocking ratings for the last 3 years

'21 - 76.4 (above average)
'22 - 70.3 (above average)
'23 - 58.2 (below average)

He's had two above average years and one below average year in the last 3 years. And I think he played injured quite a bit last year.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The defense is very young, but there are sparks of promise. Give them time to come together, get more experience, and get DWill back. Perhaps look to bolster the squad if there is a viable trade option.

I’ll be interested to see how they’re playing in November and December.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is not my logic. It is your logic. You are saying this D is more talented than last year's D which I disagree . So , if we have more talent now and we play WORSE ( much worse ) it means it is scheme . So it is the DC's fault . Maybe hiring Shula was a mistake ? Too early to tell and I will give him one full season before asking for his head but so far , he is not doing well.
Or, we just need to give it time. I don’t know the exact changes in the defense but most of these players were on the Rams last year. I don’t think they forgot Raheems scheme, so yes it would be Shula. Too soon to draw a conclusion imo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jordan Mason came out of the gates strong, had 5 carries for 31 yards on the opening drive. 6 YPC
After that drive he ran for 46 yards on 14 carries, a measly 3.29 YPC

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whose one of his father's cousins apparently couldn't say his father's relatively-easy-to-say name, and that's why he has that nickname.
His father gave him the nickname, period. Disrespecting that is just going too far.
This is an awfully strange hill to die on, especially considering you are on a site conversing with some 50 or so "nicknames"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
"Horrible" is over the top...so then we'll disagree! To get 4 tackles and 6 assist is not bad.
Roseboom seems to take a long time to diagnose a play and make a move. He’s not quick enough for a delayed reaction. One poster described it as having his feet in concrete. I watched the game again to see and I agree. That’s a mental process and synapse. I don’t think that is a fixable problem.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Roseboom seems to take a long time to diagnose a play and make a move. He’s not quick enough for a delayed reaction. One poster described it as having his feet in concrete. I watched the game again to see and I agree. That’s a mental process and synapse. I don’t think that is a fixable problem.
Exactly what I was going to reply to him . He is a liability out there .

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Ahh, but improvement. So relax a little and see where they are after the 8th game. IF they are getting rolled I will be bitching too.

I think you are just a little early.
I might be . I will give shula some more time and Verse some more time for him to finish those sacks :laugh2:

RamWoodie

Legend
I think it is...it's called time. This is the guys 5th year...much of it on special teams. Now...please note I said the guy is no world beater. He's starting because Jones overplayed his hand, which sent him packing. Somewhere down the line this season we'll see if he's any better. He's a guy the Rams really kept around to play special teams and fill in at LB spots. The more you see things the better you react to what you see. Now he's thrust into a starter roll as a fill in primarily. I still conclude he's "held his own".

Tano

Legend
I think it is...it's called time. This is the guys 5th year...much of it on special teams. Now...please note I said the guy is no world beater. He's starting because Jones overplayed his hand, which sent him packing. Somewhere down the line this season we'll see if he's any better. He's a guy the Rams really kept around to play special teams and fill in at LB spots. The more you see things the better you react to what you see. Now he's thrust into a starter roll as a fill in primarily. I still conclude he's "held his own".
He was a starter all of last year. And he played terrible when Jones was not in the line-up.

Jones covered up Rozebooms mistakes last year.

RamWoodie

Legend
He was a starter all of last year. And he played terrible when Jones was not in the line-up.

Jones covered up Rozebooms mistakes last year.
No. Roozeboom had 5 starts last year and played in 17 games...those are the facts. Furthermore last year was his most productive year and he was 4th on the team in tackles.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Since you seem to be privy to this statistical information let me ask you how many of these tackles were within 5 yards of the line of skirmish? Roseboom is no Hacksaw Reynolds!

RamWoodie

Legend
Since you seem to be privy to this statistical information let me ask you how many of these tackles were within 5 yards of the line of skirmish? Roseboom is no Hacksaw Reynolds!
I never said he was! In my post that started this, I said both Reeder and Rozeboom were "NO WORLD BEATERS" but they have filled in nicely. So...I'm not saying they've done great, anyone can see that's not the case. They've been adequate.