New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I like the Kingpin as his Nickname.
61didE+qvaL.jpg

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
When Verse figures out how to finish this pass rush will be amazing.
Yeah it was almost odd how many times Verse lunged toward somebody and missed. It's like he's not really yet aware of the quickness of nfl players' evasiveness. Seems like something easily fixed? Otherwise he looks powerful and disruptive, and can shed blocks easily.

RamWoodie

Legend
Both Reeder and Roozeboom have held their own. Not "world beaters" but they've been solid. When it comes to the secondary it just seems as they learn one another and communicate well they'll get better.

This coming game against the Bears is gonna try them. Bears having a rookie QB there's not much out there on him!

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Both Reeder and Roozeboom have held their own. Not "world beaters" but they've been solid. When it comes to the secondary it just seems as they learn one another and communicate well they'll get better.

This coming game against the Bears is gonna try them. Bears having a rookie QB there's not much out there on him!
totally disagree on Rozeboom . He is horrible,

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Imagine if we spent the money on Patrick Queen instead of Jonah Jackson. I don't know if it's intentional, but it seems the front office doesn't value the LB position all that much. They like the bargain bin guys.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This from someone who will not use one for our WR.... Who's own family uses it for him.

Whose one of his father's cousins apparently couldn't say his father's relatively-easy-to-say name, and that's why he has that nickname.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Whose one of his father's cousins apparently couldn't say his father's relatively-easy-to-say name, and that's why he has that nickname.
Not sure what that has to do with it. Do you have problems saying Kobie Turner? Braden Fiske??

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not sure what that has to do with it. Do you have problems saying Kobie Turner? Braden Fiske??
Kobie Turner. Braden Fiske. No, I don't have problems saying their names, and yes, I am a smartass by saying it in that way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some stats on D: Rams rank 32 in yards allowed; 31 in points allowed; 31 in pass yards allowed; 30 in rush yards allowed; 32 in net yards per pass attempt allowed; 29 in yards per carry allowed; 31 in 3rd down defense.

It is worse than bad , it is atrocious. The good news is that , since we rank last in everything , it can only get better.

What did they rank when they needed to make a stop late in the game when the scores were tied?

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
What did they rank when they needed to make a stop late in the game when the scores were tied?

They still ranked as bad , I am sure . Since those rankings reflect the overall play of the defense not one single , specific play. Overall , they are horrible. Part of it , is lack of talent and part of it is our rookie DC. One win and one solid 4th quarter doesn't change my opinion about this defense and the stats don't lie .

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah it was almost odd how many times Verse lunged toward somebody and missed. It's like he's not really yet aware of the quickness of nfl players' evasiveness. Seems like something easily fixed? Otherwise he looks powerful and disruptive, and can shed blocks easily.
I think he's just going balls to the fucking wall out there. All out. Sometimes that means as you approach for the tackle you're prone to getting juked.

Verse is going to be just fine. Everybody needs to focus on appreciating the early window of what will hopefully be another great Rams player.

Oh and ps... Get that boy a real number! :startstruck:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I think he's just going balls to the fucking wall out there. All out. Sometimes that means as you approach for the tackle you're prone to getting juked.

Verse is going to be just fine. Everybody needs to focus on appreciating the early window of what will hopefully be another great Rams player.

Oh and ps... Get that boy a real number! :startstruck:
Agree, he is wrecking people off the ball, he just needs to learn to finish. I am sure it can be both coached and learned. If he had that ability now he would have 4 sacks-ish. I can't knock his effort.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
The defense isn't designed to stop the opposing offense in as much it is to limit their scoring to less then the Rams offense.
So an all out stop them defense, no. But a bottom of the barrel, it isn't supposed to be either. If the offense was truly healthy and scoring as it should, the defense wouldn't still be doing their job because they have been nearly healthy and haven't really looked all that great the last two games. But Detroit regular time and Parts of the 49ers game they looked/played like expected. The rest has been garbage.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
AD was the exact same way in his first half of year 1. Rest is history!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Reeder is hit and miss, but he did make a critical tackle for loss against Mason near the goal line. It was 3rd and 1 and he hit the hole and nailed Mason for a 2 yard loss, forcing a FG to make it 24-14 at that point. A TD might have been a back breaker.