New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I usually agree with Brian, but it's a hard no that the rams are the best young dline in football. Not even close.
It’s an interesting exercise.
What 4 out there are less experienced than Young, Verse, Fiske and Turner?
They certainly have learning to do, but I feel like they’re winning a lot of battles.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
They certainly have learning to do, but I feel like they’re winning a lot of battles.

But missing a ton of tackles. I'd bet that the Rams have the most missed tackles in the NFL at this moment. That's not good no matter who it is playing upfront or on the backend. I agree they are getting pressure but the gap integrity is just off the charts awful at the moment. Hell we almost gave up the game at the end with the hook and ladder play because they were taking awful angles.

With so many young players I'm sure the game hasn't slowed down yet, hopefully that changes in the upcoming weeks.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But missing a ton of tackles. I'd bet that the Rams have the most missed tackles in the NFL at this moment. That's not good no matter who it is playing upfront or on the backend. I agree they are getting pressure but the gap integrity is just off the charts awful at the moment. Hell we almost gave up the game at the end with the hook and ladder play because they were taking awful angles.

With so many young players I'm sure the game hasn't slowed down yet, hopefully that changes in the upcoming weeks.
They grew some yesterday.. gotta keep at it. Hopefully the offense can get a lot of long drives in coming weeks.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yeah, I saw Fiske already getting doubled a few times yesterday and held more than a few. There’s a reason for that from the opponents perspective.

He’s far from a finished product, but he’s making more progress than some might realize.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Brock not so much?

Um.. it’s one of his greatest assets.
Maybe he is ... anyway , verse will be facing murray again , brock again , hurts , allen etc . He better find a way to get them down instead of whiffing because that is all he does. I understand he is a rookie but he better learn fast.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I usually agree with Brian, but it's a hard no that the rams are the best young dline in football. Not even close.
Yeah that was a bit over the top. He does that but I still love him. Actually it's why I love him, he's like a fan in that regard.

But that aside this DL is better than given credit for. They got trucked and were all out of sorts vs Arizona. But the modern NFL is about rushing the passer and in that one respect this line is going to be better than most by the time they hit their stride. They're already pretty fucking good in pressures. Problem is they need to play as one unit.

Which, if you consider that none of them had real game snaps in preseason, isn't such a big surprise. Wish we had a snot bubblin NT. We don't but we have edge threat on both sides and two 3T for even fronts on pass downs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah that was a bit over the top. He does that but I still love him. Actually it's why I love him, he's like a fan in that regard.

But that aside this DL is better than given credit for. They got trucked and were all out of sorts vs Arizona. But the modern NFL is about rushing the passer and in that one respect this line is going to be better than most by the time they hit their stride. They're already pretty fucking good in pressures. Problem is they need to play as one unit.

Which, if you consider that none of them had real game snaps in preseason, isn't such a big surprise. Wish we had a snot bubblin NT. We don't but we have edge threat on both sides and two 3T for even fronts on pass downs.
Maybe Tyler Davis is that guy? He got a lot of snaps and had quite a few solid run-stuffs.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I know on one of the Plays where Purdy ran around and Verse Missed, Verse was Blocked the back, pushed too far in his pursuit.

And not called.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I know on one of the Plays where Purdy ran around and Verse Missed, Verse was Blocked the back, pushed too far in his pursuit.

And not called.

Yeah, the refs missed a fuckton of plays. And the shove on Purdy by Verse when he was still inbounds that was almost called a penalty was brutal on the lady ref who threw the flag. Seriously, she sucks at her job - and I say this as a woman who is all for more female refs.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Yeah, the refs missed a fuckton of plays. And the shove on Purdy by Verse when he was still inbounds that was almost called a penalty was brutal on the lady ref who threw the flag. Seriously, she sucks at her job - and I say this as a woman who is all for more female refs.
Rams beat the 49ers and the refs, felt very agains the Rams.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They might have the best young edges in football but the 3 DL need to dramatically improve.
I think that The Conductor and The Kingpin will improve with time. I want to see more of Tyler Davis and Desjuan Johnson at nose, though; BB3 and Gallimore just aren't that good.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake

Yeah I'm surprised we didn't get a stud NT this offseason. But it is what it is at this point. They obviously like the more athletic guys

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Braden Fiske. My nickname for him ever since he was drafted, after the Marvel character, Wilson Fisk. Even looks similar to Kingpin (mostly bald/buzzcut, thickly built).

I don't like it. Stop it! Right Now!!!
1727128725489.png