New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
McVay and Snead discussed that

we-fucked-up.gif
There is much we do know. A GM and Coach rarely if ever make a move that they know will make the team worse....we'll never know the inside story....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Watching Byron Young and Verse grow together is going to be FUN. Those two are absolute dogs... Verse has got to work on the missed tackles.. I hope that's something he can improve on with better angles.. etc. But.. damn.. those two are strong and fast and determined!!

Young had an EXCELLENT day.

Hoecht was good too!

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
Some stats on D: Rams rank 32 in yards allowed; 31 in points allowed; 31 in pass yards allowed; 30 in rush yards allowed; 32 in net yards per pass attempt allowed; 29 in yards per carry allowed; 31 in 3rd down defense.

It is worse than bad , it is atrocious. The good news is that , since we rank last in everything , it can only get better.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
And the scary thought is that Young was our best defender out there in that game. He balled his ass off in the rush. Nothing but good things ahead for those two as a pairing.
Ya Young with the FF, and I saw a nice TFL on one highlight showing the 9ers ineptitude.
Fiske with a sack & FR.
But, man, V8 left a LOT of meat on the bone this game. Kid is so raw, but let the game slow down for him a little bit... and it's lights out.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pretty sure Young had a lot of rushes vs the shitters LT. Who is one of the best around. For him to play like that vs our biggest rival, in a game we had to have... Let's just say I am a big Young fan right now. :bomb:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Pretty sure Young had a lot of rushes vs the shitters LT. Who is one of the best around. For him to play like that vs our biggest rival, in a game we had to have... Let's just say I am a big Young fan right now. :bomb:
Did Trent Williams play yesterday?
I didn't see the game is why I'm asking....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Trent Williams play yesterday?
I didn't see the game is why I'm asking....

~ArkyRamsFan~
Yes. He went out in the first half for an injury. Turned out to be a cramp and he came back, the bastid.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what if he doesn't ?
It is unlikely that Verse won't be at least a good starter, given how potent his rush has been as a rookie so far. I'd say he'll almost surely end up falling somewhere between very good to elite. Assuming health, as always.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
He’ll get home. Two very elusive QBs..
Murray is for sure . But Brock not that much . Most QBs nowadays can scramble . There are very few " statue qbs " in the NFL today. Another elusive qb coming next week. Caleb hasn't played well but he can evade sacks . We are playing the eagles , bills , cardinals again , etc . He needs to improve , he is strong and he can win his one-on-one but Qbs are making him look really bad with all the whiffs.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Murray is for sure . But Brock not that much . Most QBs nowadays can scramble . There are very few " statue qbs " in the NFL today. Another elusive qb coming next week. Caleb hasn't played well but he can evade sacks . We are playing the eagles , bills , cardinals again , etc . He needs to improve , he is strong and he can win his one-on-one but Qbs are making him look really bad with all the whiffs.
Brock not so much?

Um.. it’s one of his greatest assets.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If my memory isn't selective, purdy has always had a knack for avoiding sacks. His offensive line has been bad since his first start.