New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It was driving me bat shit crazy watching Purdy scramble around for 10 seconds or so. At least they mostly prevented him from making crucial first downs with his scrambling, although he got 1 or 2. This defense is short 1 or 2 experienced players from being better. Like AD for example.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It was driving me bat shit crazy watching Purdy scramble around for 10 seconds or so. At least they mostly prevented him from making crucial first downs with his scrambling, although he got 1 or 2. This defense is short 1 or 2 experienced players from being better. Like AD for example.
I do wonder if there's a trade out there to make this season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Those kinds of players aren't readily available or cheap.

Not sure why the Rams do not invest in good line backers.
I don't know if it's an LB.. a DL or a DB.. I just wonder if there's someone they go out there and get.

I honestly didn't think Reeder was a problem today.. felt like the front over pursued or was over aggressive.. and the secondary had some really rough moments.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't know if it's an LB.. a DL or a DB.. I just wonder if there's someone they go out there and get.

I honestly didn't think Reeder was a problem today.. felt like the front over pursued or was over aggressive.. and the secondary had some really rough moments.

I think we need one good DL who can rally the troops or an LB who can dominate. It's possible to lure one from a team that is doomed to miss the playoffs. But chemistry would be important too.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I finally saw Reeder make a play behind the los today. When he tackled Mason for a loss on 3rd down in the 4th qtr and kept the whiners down to a fg.

But can they please sub in Speights here and there so we can see what he's got.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Speights will take Rozeboom's job this week. He had a poor game. And introducing Speights there allows Reeder to keep the dot.

For now... :devil:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Don’t shoot the messenger but it’s tough not to agree

BROCK PURDY: A. He proved that he doesn't need Deebo Samuel, George Kittle and Christian McCaffrey to be effective. He doesn't even need Brandon Aiyuk to be at his peak. All he needs is Jauan Jennings. Granted, Purdy faced arguably the worst defense in the NFL. Still, Purdy threw for 292 yards, 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran for 41 yards. To be fair, he fumbled once, but overall he was excellent. And he didn't have a dominant running game to lean on. He carried the offense”

I concur with those calling for reinforcements!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t shoot the messenger but it’s tough not to agree

BROCK PURDY: A. He proved that he doesn't need Deebo Samuel, George Kittle and Christian McCaffrey to be effective. He doesn't even need Brandon Aiyuk to be at his peak. All he needs is Jauan Jennings. Granted, Purdy faced arguably the worst defense in the NFL. Still, Purdy threw for 292 yards, 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. He also ran for 41 yards. To be fair, he fumbled once, but overall he was excellent. And he didn't have a dominant running game to lean on. He carried the offense”

I concur with those calling for reinforcements!

What did he do when the game was on the line?

TexasRam

Legend
I think Speights will take Rozeboom's job this week. He had a poor game. And introducing Speights there allows Reeder to keep the dot.

For now... :devil:
Was thinking the same. Reeder had at least two big boy run stops today. Roze is constantly late or too slow for the athletes he's expected to compete against.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

I finally saw Reeder make a play behind the los today. When he tackled Mason for a loss on 3rd down in the 4th qtr and kept the whiners down to a fg.

But can they please sub in Speights here and there so we can see what he's got.

Reeder is good if the runner is coming straight for him. The dude can lay some wood, but if he has to move laterally to get to him, that's where he loses the matchup.

Ellard80

Legend
Defense is struggling - but had to expect such.

Very young and lacking talent in too many areas.

Hopefully steady improvement is on the way...

dang

Legend
I can't decide if the defense is inches from disaster or inches from dominating.
The play HARD.. I know that.
White has some rough moments.. but has plenty enough good ones. Durant is growing. It will be interesting to see how things work if Williams can get healthy.
Reeder... just such a target, and for some understandable reasons.. .but.. he had a good game? No? I feel like he did.
The front is going to have to be WAYYYYYYY more disciplined the next couple of weeks, or they're going to get torched by Williams and Willis.

The front is violent and aggressive... I think they could be kicking some ass by the end of the season.

Please.. please.. let Verse and Young be smart on contain... AND.. take some better angles.
Re: “Reeder having a good game” I only watched the first half and followed the 2nd half via ESPN Gamecast. so I want to chose my words carefully. I saw Reeder make one really nice play reading a run well and stepping into the hole to stone cold stop the runner. But What I also saw was Him and Rozeboom constantly ‘Tardy to the Party’, chasing the action and (on some plays) literally falling over each other. It may be unfair to expect stellar play from this tandem but let’s start with getting Rozeboom back to STs.

dang

Legend
I think we need one good DL who can rally the troops or an LB who can dominate. It's possible to lure one from a team that is doomed to miss the playoffs. But chemistry would be important too.
Donald (not gonna happen but), a legitimate ILB and DWill back could do the trick.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Was thinking the same. Reeder had at least two big boy run stops today. Roze is constantly late or too slow for the athletes he's expected to compete against.
Yeah I think there were a few plays where I said to myself "ok Reeder, well done." That may have been his best game in horns. So that plus the dot factor probably means I can give up for now on seeing a Speights/Hummel ILB pairing. :hug:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy the loss of Earnest Jones really stings. Someone please remind me why we gave him away to Tennessee.
McVay and Snead discussed that

we-fucked-up.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jordan Mason entered the game averaging 124 yd/game at a 5.1 yd per carry
Rams D held him to 77 yds on 19 carries, 4.1 ypc