My Final 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Offense

QB: Stafford, Wolford

RB: Akers, Henderson, Funk, Anderson

WR: Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, Jackson, Atwell, Showronek

TE: Higbee, Hopkins, Harris

LT: Whitworth
LG: Corbett
C: Shelton
RG: Evans
RT: Noteboom
Swing OT: Edwards
C/OG: Allen, Anchrum
Swing OG/OT: Brewer, A. Jackson

Defense

DE: Hollins, Lewis
NT: Robinson, Gaines, B. Brown
DT: Donald, Hoecht, E. Brown
JACK: Floyd, J. Williams, Garrett
MIKE: Reeder, Jones
MO: Young, Howard, Moncrief

RCB: Ramsey, Long
LCB: Williams, Rochell
CB: Hughes
Safety: Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, Scott, Gervase

Special Teams

P: Bojorquez
K: Gay
KR: Funk, Anderson
PR: Scott, Gervase, Atwell

Scott and Gervase have the speed and quickness you want in a punt returner so I think one of them might get the bulk of the work while Atwell is put back there for special circumstances.

I don't think Havenstein makes the cut. They have too many options and his contract simply isn't justified by his play. He's probably going to be released next year anyway because of all their FAs they will want to extend. Mundt failed as a lead blocker last year so it makes no sense to use a roster spot for strictly an inline blocking TE. If they release Havenstein half the need for a blocking TE disappears. Rob's run blocking has deteriorated over the past two years as well.

Burgess gives them a 6th CB if the need should arise. Hughes can play both CB and safety as well.
Old, you got some good takes but - man - half the time I think you're just playing fantasy football... with our roster!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I’m probably wrong, but didn’t the NFL carry over the PS rule to 2021 that allows you to protect (4 I think) guys from being selected by other teams? If so, we have that four extra spot of guys that we won’t “lose” that don’t make the 53. But maybe I misunderstand the PS/roster rules

"The NFL added last season a new wrinkle to the practice squad that provides teams with some limited protections for keeping practice squad players. Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team’s game that week until the deadline on Tuesday."

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some interesting guesses and glad I'm not the guy making the call on the final 53. I can see them going a lot of ways. There seems to be a few who are very pro and very against Perkins on the 53. I think with the game the way it is a potential backup QB like him will be on the 53. There are too many teams out there who have absolute crap as their QB2 and his upside would be wanted so somebody would grab him for their 53 man roster if we try to get him through waivers.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Go ahead & place Robinson, Lewis & Okoronkwo on the IR. Gives Rams 3 additional weeks to grade & learn what they have in the rookies. Snead can bring back any of those IR's in 3 weeks.
Can't IR them until after you set the final 53. If you IR them now they miss the entire season.

So you have to expose some guys to waivers then hope they clear and re-sign them then IR those guys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I find myself thinking we keep 2QBs.
There seems to be a few who are very pro and very against Perkins on the 53.

RE: Perkins… I was listening to NFL radio today for a 45min drive… They convinced me to add Perkins to the roster - for CoVID alone.

It sounds like a few teams are keeping that 3rd QB away from the other 2 in case of CoVID.

They used Philly as the example, adding Minshew already having Flacco with Jalen Hurts. Keeping all 3.

Anyway… they made a good case for it. Imagine if Stafford tested positive on game day. What if Wolford needs to also quarantine? Just like what happened with Hekker and Bojorquez. Took both guys out.

Could cost us a game, maybe two. That’s a big deal for a team with Superbowl aspirations.

The logic is… Stash Perkins and give yourself a chance if that happens.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RE: Perkins… I was listening to NFL radio today for a 45min drive… They convinced me to add Perkins to the roster - for CoVID alone.

It sounds like a few teams are keeping that 3rd QB away from the other 2 in case of CoVID.

They used Philly as the example, adding Minshew already having Flacco with Jalen Hurts. Keeping all 3.

Anyway… they made a good case for it. Imagine if Stafford tested positive on game day. What if Wolford needs to also quarantine? Just like what happened with Hekker and Bojorquez. Took both guys out.

Could cost us a game, maybe two. That’s a big deal for a team with Superbowl aspirations.

Excellent reason to keep 3 QB as well yup!

…..

Legend
What are we saying, that Perkins cannot be stashed on the practice squad? Which isnt really stashed but you know what I mean.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why keep Perkins on the 53? He’s not that good. Preseason hype on him is over the top. I’d use that spot for another corner like Orr, or Olineman like Merrideth.

Wirtl was released wasn’t he?

Yea I copied and pasted and forgot to change LS.

As for Perkins - I'm a big Deayon fan, so id keep him over Perkins if anything.

But it's a waiver game. 49-53 are essentially practice squad players who we don't feel would clear waivers. Snead basically said this last night.

So if all the fringe guys who have a shot to make the roster, I think Perkins is the least likely to clear waivers.

You have to keep in mind here that most of the guys Perkins played with will not actually end up being NFL caliber players. He was just impressive.

And I think given that Stafford and Wolford both tend to get themselves banged up, it makes sense to keep 3. Stafford is tough and plays through most anything, but it's not worth the risk when I think Perkins can come in and win us games.

Dude was missing our starting OL, WRs, RBs and playcaller and just went up against the Broncos starting D - and looked pretty decent.

Given that whoever you'd rather keep - Orr, for example - would likely clear waivers - I keep Perkins. Then if a CB gets hurt during the year, waive Perkins and bring up Orr. But I only do that if needed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What are we saying, that Perkins cannot be stashed on the practice squad? Which isnt really stashed but you know what I mean.

Maybe. But you need to release him first.

I am suggesting we don’t take that chance. QB3 feels important.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I believe this to be the case. I think another team would grab him. He showed poise, mobility, pocket awareness, escapes and can make something out of nothing AND showed some decent accuracy on short throws.

He's a big arm away from being a really good starting NFL QB.

But IMO this preseason showed that he can be a great backup. There are probably a dozen teams who would snatch him up.

Not to mention that he has a decent grasp of what we want to do this year, I'm sure - so what's to stop Seattle or Arizona from grabbing him?

…..

Legend
I’m probably wrong, but didn’t the NFL carry over the PS rule to 2021 that allows you to protect (4 I think) guys from being selected by other teams? If so, we have that four extra spot of guys that we won’t “lose” that don’t make the 53. But maybe I misunderstand the PS/roster rules
They can still be claimed on Mondays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can't IR them until after you set the final 53. If you IR them now they miss the entire season.

So you have to expose some guys to waivers then hope they clear and re-sign them then IR those guys.
It was my impression it was usually completed & done @ the same time 9-1-2021 @ 4 pm. So if the MR53 is officially set @ 3:59 pm then after 4 PM a few minutes later the NFL teams announce the IR's of your just set MR53 & then sign up the needed players to make up a new MR53?

"only players on the 53-man roster after cutdown are eligible to be designated for return from IR (or NFI). Limits “stashing” scenarios. So, this year that’s anytime after 4 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, Sept. 1.”

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
IR'd players :

RB - Cam Akers
DT - A'Shawn Robinson
OLB - Obo Okoronkwo
WR - Ben Skowronek

My 53 ...

Offense (25)

QB (2)
Stafford
Wolford

RB (4)
Henderson
Michel
Waiver, F/A or trade
Funk

TE (4)
Higbee
Mundt
Hopkins
Harris

WR (5)
Woods
Kupp
Jackson
Jefferson
Atwell

OL (10)
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Shelton
Meredith
Anchrum
Alaric Jackson

Defense (25)

DL (7)
Donald
Joseph-Day
Gaines
B. Brown III
Hoecht
J. Williams
E. Brown IV

OLB (5)
Floyd
Hollins
Lawler
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (3)
Young
Reeder
Jones

CB (4)
Ramsey
Williams
Long
Rochell

S (6)
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Scott
Hughes
Reed

ST (3)
Orzech
Gay
Bojorquez

Practice Squad (16)
QB - Perkins
OL - Brewer
OL - Evans
RB - Anderson
RB - X Jones
WR - T. Jackson
WR - L Akers
WR - Koski
TE - Blanton
DL - Banks
DL - Copeland
ILB - Howard
ILB - Kiser
CB - Deayon
CB - B. Harris
S - Gervase

jmo.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
IR'd players :

RB - Cam Akers
DT - A'Shawn Robinson
OLB - Obo Okoronkwo
WR - Ben Skowronek

My 53 ...

Offense (25)

QB (2)
Stafford
Wolford

RB (4)
Henderson
Michel
Waiver, F/A or trade
Funk

TE (4)
Higbee
Mundt
Hopkins
Harris

WR (5)
Woods
Kupp
Jackson
Jefferson
Atwell

OL (10)
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Shelton
Meredith
Anchrum
Alaric Jackson

Defense (25)

DL (7)
Donald
Joseph-Day
Gaines
B. Brown III
Hoecht
J. Williams
E. Brown IV

OLB (5)
Floyd
Hollins
Lawler
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (3)
Young
Reeder
Jones

CB (4)
Ramsey
Williams
Long
Rochell

S (6)
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Scott
Hughes
Reed

ST (3)
Orzech
Gay
Bojorquez

Practice Squad (16)
QB - Perkins
OL - Brewer
OL - Evans
RB - Anderson
RB - X Jones
WR - T. Jackson
WR - L Akers
WR - Koski
TE - Blanton
DL - Banks
DL - Copeland
ILB - Howard
ILB - Kiser
CB - Deayon
CB - B. Harris
S - Gervase

jmo.
A’Shawn Robinson is only expected to miss two weeks, so at the most he’d only miss the first game if that. So I seriously doubt he would be put on the IR for that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A’Shawn Robinson is only expected to miss two weeks, so at the most he’d only miss the first game if that. So I seriously doubt he would be put on the IR for that.

Could very well be, I'm just looking to be on the safe side. New Covid rules, I believe, allow an IR'd player to return after missing 3 games. jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
IR'd players :

RB - Cam Akers
DT - A'Shawn Robinson
OLB - Obo Okoronkwo
WR - Ben Skowronek

My 53 ...

Offense (25)

QB (2)
Stafford
Wolford

RB (4)
Henderson
Michel
Waiver, F/A or trade
Funk

TE (4)
Higbee
Mundt
Hopkins
Harris

WR (5)
Woods
Kupp
Jackson
Jefferson
Atwell

OL (10)
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Shelton
Meredith
Anchrum
Alaric Jackson

Defense (25)

DL (7)
Donald
Joseph-Day
Gaines
B. Brown III
Hoecht
J. Williams
E. Brown IV

OLB (5)
Floyd
Hollins
Lawler
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (3)
Young
Reeder
Jones

CB (4)
Ramsey
Williams
Long
Rochell

S (6)
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Scott
Hughes
Reed

ST (3)
Orzech
Gay
Bojorquez

Practice Squad (16)
QB - Perkins
OL - Brewer
OL - Evans
RB - Anderson
RB - X Jones
WR - T. Jackson
WR - L Akers
WR - Koski
TE - Blanton
DL - Banks
DL - Copeland
ILB - Howard
ILB - Kiser
CB - Deayon
CB - B. Harris
S - Gervase

jmo.

Honestly, I see Trishton Jackson making the roster. I’d personally take out Shelton for him.

Otherwise (aside from Robinson instead of Hoecht; I don’t think he goes on IR), that’s how I see it…except Rozeboom being on the practice squad as well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly, I see Trishton Jackson making the roster. I’d personally take out Shelton for him.

Otherwise (aside from Robinson instead of Hoecht; I don’t think he goes on IR), that’s how I see it…except Rozeboom being on the practice squad as well.

I forgot about Rozeboom, although I figure we could lose several of the practice squad players to the waiver wire anyway, we're pretty likely to see some new names attached to the initial 2021 practice squad. jmo.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IR'd players :

RB - Cam Akers
DT - A'Shawn Robinson
OLB - Obo Okoronkwo
WR - Ben Skowronek

My 53 ...

Offense (25)

QB (2)
Stafford
Wolford

RB (4)
Henderson
Michel
Waiver, F/A or trade
Funk

TE (4)
Higbee
Mundt
Hopkins
Harris

WR (5)
Woods
Kupp
Jackson
Jefferson
Atwell

OL (10)
Whitworth
Edwards
Allen
Corbett
Havenstein
Noteboom
Shelton
Meredith
Anchrum
Alaric Jackson

Defense (25)

DL (7)
Donald
Joseph-Day
Gaines
B. Brown III
Hoecht
J. Williams
E. Brown IV

OLB (5)
Floyd
Hollins
Lawler
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (3)
Young
Reeder
Jones

CB (4)
Ramsey
Williams
Long
Rochell

S (6)
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Scott
Hughes
Reed

ST (3)
Orzech
Gay
Bojorquez

Practice Squad (16)
QB - Perkins
OL - Brewer
OL - Evans
RB - Anderson
RB - X Jones
WR - T. Jackson
WR - L Akers
WR - Koski
TE - Blanton
DL - Banks
DL - Copeland
ILB - Howard
ILB - Kiser
CB - Deayon
CB - B. Harris
S - Gervase

jmo.
I think 1/4 of your practice squad may wind up in Detroit.

Memphis Ram

Legend

And use him (Perkins) in the 2020 type offense, but with a lot of zone read type runs. I don't know if they were hiding it or just didn't want to risk it, but that's what I was waiting to see. Quite frankly, I believe that Perkins would have looked better if they weren't trying to evaluate (force the ball to) Atwell and Harris. And with WRs who did a little better on the scramble drill.

If they can keep a 5th RB (Calias) and a 6th WR (Jackson) on the roster who hardly, if ever, saw the field in 2020, they can keep Perkins (depending upon other injuries) on the roster.

Oh well. Probably won't happen. Just like my dream of adding a legit FB.
They'll probably add Duck Hodges to the practice squad if someone picks up Perkins.

Last edited: