My Final 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
No matter how it plays out it is damn nice having the conversations about the very, very BACK END of roster.
It wasn’t too long ago the debates were about guys the Rams desperately needed to contribute as starters.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe Memento but right now this near 340 pound DL'er can not remain healthy to stay on the field. Brown does remind me of KC's Chris Jones when he came out of college into the NFL. We all know how good he turned out.

Not sure why my spell checker does that I always had that problem with OL Bobby Evans too.

Ohhhh good comparison Boni.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Maybe Memento but right now this near 340 pound DL'er can not remain healthy to stay on the field. Brown does remind me of KC's Jones when he came into the NFL though.

Since when is Brown 340? Everything I’ve seen him listed at is 325 at the most.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I definitely have Blanton making it over Hopkins..... and hate to say it but it looks like Kiser may be on his way out.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Maybe Memento but right now this near 340 pound DL'er can not remain healthy to stay on the field. Brown does remind me of KC's Chris Jones when he came out of college into the NFL. We all know how good he turned out.

Not sure why my spell checker does that I always had that problem with OL Bobby Evans too.

Chris Jones is an apt comparison. And I guess your spell checker has a dirty mind of its own, haha! :p

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Chris Jones is an apt comparison. And I guess your spell checker has a dirty mind of its own, haha! :p
I had my teenage grandaughter install it for me she said all of her friends used it that was 3 yrs ago!:giggle:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I could see T-Jax / Skowronek poached on waivers before they make it to the practice squad, though.

I think Skow gets IR'd, I'd prefer to save him for next year anyway.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I had my teenage grandaughter install it for me she said all of her friends used it that was 3 yrs ago!:giggle:

Well, then! You better tell her parents to keep an eye on her.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
QB (2)
Stafford, Wofford

RB (4)
Henderson, Michel, Funk, Jones

WR (5)
Woods, Kupp, D Jackson, Jefferson, Atwell (Skow and T. Jackson start on IR)

TE (4)
Higbee, Mundt, Harris, Hopkins

OL (9)
Whit, Edwards, Allen, Corbett, Hav, Boom, Shelton, A Jackson, Meredith

DL (6)
ADPOY, SJD, Gaines, Hoecht, BBIII, Williams (Ashawn starts on IR)

OLB (5)
Floyd, Hollins, Lawler, Lewis, Garrett (Obo to IR)

ILB (4)
Young, Reeder, Kiser, Jones

CB (5)
J Ram, D Will, Rochelle, Long Jr., Burgess

S (4)
Fuller, Rapp, Reed, Hughes (Scott to IR)

ST (5)
Gay, Orzech, Bojorquez, Hekker, Haydel

(PS)
Perkins*
Anchrum*
E Jones IV*
Deayon*
Wirtel
T Howard
K Peterson (if eligible)
Blanton
Koski
Others....

Good projections on the IR report.

Lot's of fans forget the IR is more forgivable these days and can have a big impact on the first 53 man cut down.

The NFL is continuing to showcase an open mind on league rules and policies that have been forced to change amid the COVID-19 pandemic over the past 18 months.

The latest news comes courtesy of a league-wide memo and reveals that a rule change put in place last season is going to be sticking around:

There’s no limit on player returns off of the injured reserve list in 2021.

“The NFL just made it official in a memo to clubs: Unlimited players can return from a team’s injured reserve list in 2021 and they’re eligible after missing three games, rather than eight weeks, per source. A popular change spawned by COVID challenges stays for another year.
Worth noting: As in the past, only players on the 53-man roster after cutdown are eligible to be designated for return from IR (or NFI). Limits “stashing” scenarios. So, this year that’s anytime after 4 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday, Sept. 1.”

The expanded flexibility that this is going to provide NFL teams as it relates to roster decisions is undeniable.

The ability to stay fluid and flexible with bottom of the roster personnel should allow teams to keep more of their developmental fringe players without having to expose them to waivers or yank them back and forth relentlessly between the practice squad and the active roster.

Teams can have the peace of mind of knowing that there may be a one month stay on IR for a player but that their activation is eligible at any point in the season after three games.

Given the NFL’s expanded practice squads again this season and the two bonus spots on the game day roster for practice squad players, this will allow teams to handle more short-term injuries in house without bringing in as many players from the outside.

The only question from here is how this will continue to impact the strategy in constructing a practice squad. We’ll find out soon because, as Pelissero points out, roster cuts are due on the 1st of September.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Part of the reason (besides liking him since the Rams signed him) I kept Copeland was to have a more even depth distribution with the DL stated positions (DT, NT, DE).
But, the Rams will play two DL a lot on passing downs so it probably matters less.
I would prefer Williams, Hoecht, and or Banks. Just for the fact their size 6-4 & 6-5, give guys like Wilson & Murray fits.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Since when is Brown 340? Everything I’ve seen him listed at is 325 at the most.

Believe me when I tell you he is even bigger now & growing! I do know that Brown lost a lot of Lbs when preparing for his NFL workouts.

The Rams appear to be stacked with NT types but both Mike Hoecht & Bobby Brown give the Rams 1 tech's who can rush the passer. Great job by Snead!

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Good projections on the IR report.

Lot's of fans forget the IR is more forgivable these days and can have a big impact on the first 53 man cut down.

The NFL is continuing to showcase an open mind on league rules and policies that have been forced to change amid the COVID-19 pandemic over the past 18 months.

The latest news comes courtesy of a league-wide memo and reveals that a rule change put in place last season is going to be sticking around:

There’s no limit on player returns off of the injured reserve list in 2021.

The expanded flexibility that this is going to provide NFL teams as it relates to roster decisions is undeniable.

The ability to stay fluid and flexible with bottom of the roster personnel should allow teams to keep more of their developmental fringe players without having to expose them to waivers or yank them back and forth relentlessly between the practice squad and the active roster.

Teams can have the peace of mind of knowing that there may be a one month stay on IR for a player but that their activation is eligible at any point in the season after three games.

Given the NFL’s expanded practice squads again this season and the two bonus spots on the game day roster for practice squad players, this will allow teams to handle more short-term injuries in house without bringing in as many players from the outside.

The only question from here is how this will continue to impact the strategy in constructing a practice squad. We’ll find out soon because, as Pelissero points out, roster cuts are due on the 1st of September.

You still have to keep guys on the final 53 before Ir'ing them, thus exposing some guys to waivers that you might want to keep. So IR does not affect your final cuts unless you want to stash a guy for next yr only.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting to see so many think Xavier Jones is gone. is ability to block alone makes him valuable.
Yeah - you nailed that one for sure.

I’ll add this for all You OLine Lovers.

Evans & Perkins make the 53 !!

The Rams keep 8 O’lineman only.

The rest is going to be extremely hard to chose. Blanton or Hopkins ? I saw Hopkins running down on teams.
Maybe 5 TE’s & only 5 Wr’s ?

T. Jackson does not make the roster.
Ben Sko was a special teams guy so that was going to be his ticket.

I like my predictions there on offense.

Defense is a whole nother thing.