LEGEND My Dog ROCKS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I know she's not a dog but she meant the world to me. She died suddenly a few weeks ago at the age of 17. This is really the first time I've even spoke of it because it just hurt so bad. I really loved her so much. She was very loving and sweet. I have had a lot of ups and downs over the last 17 years and she was always there for a snuggle to make me feel better. I really didn't realize how much I did love her until the day she crossed the rainbow bridge.

It's been a short amount of time but I just can't get over it. I'm a grown man but I can't stop tearing up every time I think of her. I thank god for blessing me with 3 dogs that have helped me deal with the loss. Honestly if it wasn't for them I would be a wreck everyday. But it also scares me because I know the time will come for each of them. I don't know how I will ever survive that.

Funny thing is that I was never a cat guy at all. But she changed all that. I will never forget Miss Emmy. She was beautiful in every way.

Attachments

• emmyweb.jpg
    emmyweb.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 42

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I know she's not a dog but she meant the world to me. She died suddenly a few weeks ago at the age of 17. This is really the first time I've even spoke of it because it just hurt so bad. I really loved her so much. She was very loving and sweet. I have had a lot of ups and downs over the last 17 years and she was always there for a snuggle to make me feel better. I really didn't realize how much I did love her until the day she crossed the rainbow bridge.

It's been a short amount of time but I just can't get over it. I'm a grown man but I can't stop tearing up every time I think of her. I thank god for blessing me with 3 dogs that have helped me deal with the loss. Honestly if it wasn't for them I would be a wreck everyday. But it also scares me because I know the time will come for each of them. I don't know how I will ever survive that.

Funny thing is that I was never a cat guy at all. But she changed all that. I will never forget Miss Emmy. She was beautiful in every way.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Pancake. Emmy will have all the catnip, all the tuna, and all the scratching posts on the other side, and so long as you keep her in your heart, she's never really gone.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I feel badly for you and I understand. I think of the loss of my dogs almost every day and I would feel the same for kitties. We are trying to keep alive some feral kitties by feeding them, but still a couple have died and it rekt us.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Its too bad our beloved pets don't live as long as we do. Having one for 17 years is a long time. They've been part of the family for so long its hard to say goodbye.

When I lost Guapo(see earlier posts) it was hard. And I only had him 4 years. But I was never so attached to a dog as I was with him. We've had his sibling Benny from the same litter since 2006. They were born in our home. Benny will be 17 next month. The old guy is struggling now. He's completely blind. On medication for congestive heart failure. Two days ago he vomited quite a bit. Didn't eat anything. And just a few bites yesterday. Nothing today.

We've been giving him Pedialyte because he isn't drinking either. We're waiting to hear from the vet if he can be seen today. He has a appointment in a couple weeks but he needs to be seen sooner if things don't change. He just lays around and sleeps. Which is nothing new. He's been doing that for a couple years now. But all the blood work last year showed he was remarkably healthy for a dog his age. Old dogs sleep a lot.

He's my wife's baby. She's held him every day for almost 17 years. And he gets separation anxiety when she goes in another room now. Our daughter thinks its time to put him down. But we're more than dog owners. We're dog lovers. As long as he isn't suffering with pain that is not something we would consider. Our commitment to these little guys is for a lifetime. Their lifetime.

I don't know if Benny is nearing the end or not. But one thing he will have is our love and comfort to the end. I know when that day comes its gonna be hard on my wife. She's been closer to him than any other pet we've had. And I know how she will feel. I felt than when Guapo passed.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So our little guy Benny is gonna be on medication for the rest of his life. One for his heart. Another for the fluid that builds around the lungs to keep him from coughing. The 3rd one is a bitch. Its to help keep his kidneys functioning. Its an IV bag with fluids to help keep him hydrated. So every 3 days we have to stick this needle in him to give him the fluids. Each bag has 20 doses.

That is the one I hate the most. Benny is like 4 and a half pounds. Its gotta hurt like hell for that little body to do that every 3 days. They gave us the bag and needles to do it at home. Otherwise we'd be spending a ton of money and time taking him several times a week to the vet.

I'm the one who sticks him while my wife holds and comforts him. Its a learning process. Friday he yelped at the first stick into him. Then he was ok while I let the fluid drain. Today, whatever I did was not good. He yelped and kept crying and squirming. I know I musta hit something I shouldn't have. He was clearly in a lot of pain. So I quickly pulled out the needle.

We're gonna let him calm down and rest for a while. Tonight we'll try it again. I'll have to try and put it where I did Friday. I felt so bad for the little guy. This is what he has to do for the rest of his life. The vet said all his other vital organs are remarkably in good shape. With the IV fluids he can live another 2, 3, or even 5 more years. But really hate to see that fragile body have to be stuck by his parents several times a week.

We feel as responsible dog lovers we need to do everything we can to keep him healthy and live a good life. My wife cannot just put the little guy down. He means too much to her. At least other than getting stuck by a needle every 3rd day he's not in pain or any kind of suffering.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was much better last night. A quick stick and he was fine. He's even starting to feel a little more energy. He's usually very low key. Wants to sleep a lot. He's been sleeping on our bed with us. This morning he woke up and wanted to use the pee pad. He barked at me to put him down. He's never done that before. Seems to be feeling much better now.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Judah chilling on the boat with me... got his locks flowing in the wind.

20230529_163318.jpg

Last edited:

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting PBS “Nova” show on the domestication of the Wolf. Originally aired 2-12-20. Watching now on KRCB Cotati.

Memento

Name
Jemma
IMG_0210.jpeg

We got to keep Fane! He ended up dropping out of the support dog program he’s in, and he’s now officially our dog!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Who knew dropping out would be the best thing for both you and your buddy? Like the term foster fail. It sounds negative but it means the foster family loved a dog so much they ended up keeping him permanently.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Who knew dropping out would be the best thing for both you and your buddy? Like the term foster fail. It sounds negative but it means the foster family loved a dog so much they ended up keeping him permanently.

My mom's thinking about doing touch-therapy with him. It's just that he was too impulsive to stick with the program he was in, and he's a pretty big dog (around eighty pounds).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My mom's thinking about doing touch-therapy with him. It's just that he was too impulsive to stick with the program he was in, and he's a pretty big dog (around eighty pounds).
We're a small dog family. Two chihuahuas and a sheltie. When I was younger I liked the bigger dogs. Especially the kind you take to the river or lake and have fun. Now I prefer the smaller ones. Less work with them. Give them a warm lap and they're happy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
We're a small dog family. Two chihuahuas and a sheltie. When I was younger I liked the bigger dogs. Especially the kind you take to the river or lake and have fun. Now I prefer the smaller ones. Less work with them. Give them a warm lap and they're happy.

Aww...small dogs deserve just as much love as the big ones...even if some of them have small dog syndrome. That's kinda why I prefer the bigger ones; they're chill and all compared to a few of the smaller ones I've seen.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Every dog owner thinks their dog is the best dog in the world. Truth be told, they're not wrong.