Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting a LT this year in the 1st certainly does not guarantee us as having an elite LT. I think history will show that be true.
Drafting a cb edge or dt doesn't guarantee an elite player either.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
To me "glaring" means a complete void currently. I'd say DT or Edge essentially has a complete void. LT has a guy who played well the entire last season. Not sure how that could be considered the most "glaring" need. A need for an elite LT? Sure, be we need an elite at lots of positions.
If glaring means a complete void then only DT has a glaring need. We are in literal need of bodies at that position. At edge we have Hoecht who is a 6 sack guy. That's not a complete void at all.

In fact, it's similar to LT. We have a guy who played fairly well but can definitely be upgraded.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Drafting a LT this year in the 1st certainly does not guarantee us as having an elite LT. I think history will show that be true.
True that. There are no guarantees especially in the NFL draft but if the Rams do draft a LT in Round 1 especially via a trade up, as some have speculated, I do have confidence that they have identified a special talent for a premier position.

I am actually fine with whoever they draft on either side of the ball. Unlike some here however, I am not only locked in on DT/Edge or bust. I understand how taking a Tackle, WR, or even TE in the first round makes sense too especially if they are superior to the available Defensive talent in the same spot.

Last edited:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
To me "glaring" means a complete void currently. I'd say DT or Edge essentially has a complete void. LT has a guy who played well the entire last season. Not sure how that could be considered the most "glaring" need. A need for an elite LT? Sure, be we need an elite at lots of positions.
I can't get past how our SB rings came with Warner/Pace and Stafford/Whit and am honestly just extending your logic. We are completely void of an elite Left Tackle - - thus making the position our most glaring need.

I'm with everyone on the importance of stocking good disrupters and difference makers along the D-Line. I hope we do so.

I just wouldn't be surprised to see Les swing big and trade up for Joe Alt.
A franchise LT could put our team over the top and keep Stafford around for 3 maybe 4 more seasons.

Add everybody else via elite scouting. (I seem to like using the word "elite" don't I?)

Go Rams!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
LT can be very impactful on the game.
Yes. But you are quoting an acknowledgement that a rookie OT may start the season on the bench for the Rams.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I can't get past how our SB rings came with Warner/Pace and Stafford/Whit and am honestly just extending your logic. We are completely void of an elite Left Tackle - - thus making the position our most glaring need.

I'm with everyone on the importance of stocking good disrupters and difference makers along the D-Line. I hope we do so.

I just wouldn't be surprised to see Les swing big and trade up for Joe Alt.
A franchise LT could put our team over the top and keep Stafford around for 3 maybe 4 more seasons.

Add everybody else via elite scouting. (I seem to like using the word "elite" don't I?)

Go Rams!
We are complete void of a lot of elite talents at numerous positions. That argument doesn't make much sense. I'd love to have an elite LT. It would take a massive gamble to acquire one this year, especially when we have such glaring needs we need to try and address before the season starts. To have the best shot of drafting an elite LT, we'd need to move to 4? 6? Not sure where Alt goes, but it would cost 2 1st minimum. And that wouldn't be all, likely some assortment of our 2nd and possibly 3rd (not sure on the math here). Either way, FAR too high a price to pay for a position that we have a more then capable starter in IMO.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Drafting a cb edge or dt doesn't guarantee an elite player either.
Nope.
But you could certainly justify the gaping hole on the DL for making a choice there.
That being said.. if there isn't a player with a first round grade there at DL? Either go in another direction or trade down.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kupp and Puka are solid WR2s, but we need a WR1.

Um - you are talking about a guy who won the triple crown and had the 2nd best season by a WR ever (if not the best) and a kid who had the best rookie season as a WR in the history of the NFL

Neither of those guys is a number 1?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
We are complete void of a lot of elite talents at numerous positions. That argument doesn't make much sense.
Yes we are complete void of a lot of elite talents at numerous positions.
But yet I'm not advocating for an elite long snapper, am I?

My argument is that teams will go farther with elite players at the top 4 premier positions. QB, LT, WR, Edge.
We do not have an Elite LT. We have a serviceable LT.

An elite Left Tackle is the biggest upgrade I believe we could "magically" add to this team. I have no idea how to responsibly get one. Not sure that was the original poll question though.

You're not going to change my mind on this one. I appreciate your passion though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That would entail giving up next year’s first.

Not sure we are in a position to do that, especially with both Stafford and Kupp getting older.

JAKE’s thoughts on a Trade Up is BS!! Give me an example of how that is even a portability ??

I guess some really don’t understand The Rams roster .
Can’t wait till Thursday evening.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
You honestly think we lost that game because we didn't have enough WR talent? Puka went 9/181, Robinson had a solid game, Kupp didn't get much yardage but caught 5 passes. Not having our starting TE didn't help. Not pressuring Goff or covering St.Brown was a big problem. Ultimately, perhaps we lost that game because the refs decided to not call one of 2 penalties on our last play. Or we win that one despite our issues.
How many 50/50 balls did Robinson drop?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Um - you are talking about a guy who won the triple crown and had the 2nd best season by a WR ever (if not the best) and a kid who had the best rookie season as a WR in the history of the NFL

Neither of those guys is a number 1?

I am talking about someone who can stretch the field and isnt 5 foot 8.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I am talking about someone who can stretch the field and isnt 5 foot 8.
That doesn't make it a need for a, "Number 1" WR.

And I'm not arguing the need for a more legitimate field stretcher.. that would be nice.

But.. the Rams have at least one guy who, on 3rd down.. you can absolutely count on... 2, if Kupp is healthy.

What reason do we have to suggest Puka isn't a number one?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yes we are complete void of a lot of elite talents at numerous positions.
But yet I'm not advocating for an elite long snapper, am I?

My argument is that teams will go farther with elite players at the top 4 premier positions. QB, LT, WR, Edge.
We do not have an Elite LT. We have a serviceable LT.

An elite Left Tackle is the biggest upgrade I believe we could "magically" add to this team. I have no idea how to responsibly get one. Not sure that was the original poll question though.

You're not going to change my mind on this one. I appreciate your passion though.
Our waterboy often pours luke warm gatorade too, but you didn't mention him? :laugh1:

I don't think either of us will change the others mind, but that's ok because I'm right! :thumbsup1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope.
But you could certainly justify the gaping hole on the DL for making a choice there.
That being said.. if there isn't a player with a first round grade there at DL? Either go in another direction or trade down.
I'm 100% on the edge bandwagon and have been for a while. That said I won't be upset with an ot or wr even if we don't trade down. That's all I've been saying and people keep not understanding what I'm trying to say so it's all good.