Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not to say this should be the first round pick or even something that must get addressed on day 2 in the draft - but what position group do you think is the single biggest need going into this draft?

I’m limited by number of responses in the poll so feel free to explain

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Edge to me was the answer though really it's a difference maker on D. Too many of the outside "experts" are trying to force a DT into that spot because of AD retiring. But it doesn't have to be a DT just somebody to take his spot as the disrupter.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Edge to me was the answer though really it's a difference maker on D. Too many of the outside "experts" are trying to force a DT into that spot because of AD retiring. But it doesn't have to be a DT just somebody to take his spot as the disrupter.
Well said

I am the (as of now) lone vote for OT. I see d line as a very close second - but I think the tackle position may be tougher to fill and while I feel somewhat ok about this year, I don’t feel very solidified for the next 5 years there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well said

I am the (as of now) lone vote for OT. I see d line as a very close second - but I think the tackle position may be tougher to fill and while I feel somewhat ok about this year, I don’t feel very solidified for the next 5 years there.
For me OT is a complicated choice. Unless we trade or cut somebody there really isn't a roster spot for one right now. Boom just cut his cost down and could stay. Jackson signed his tender and is the cheap incumbent LT but as far as the salary cap goes is the easiest to trade. Big Rob is advancing like all of us in age and his play is declining and his backup is a question mark being a young guy that didn't get much action that we saw. So really we could see a need at all 3 spots next year which is a hell of a place to put yourself in.

All that said IMO every OT position on the roster could be upgraded and the Rams will have to address them before too long. There are some stop gap RT free agents next year which would let us wait a year or maybe two to draft a RT but I could see a future where if we don't draft a LT we likely have to next year (contingent of course on Jackson and how the really feel about him).

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I would love to see a disruptive defensive tackle like Aaron Donald but I'm not holding my breath.
However, I did vote defensive tackle because the best way I see to stop the run and the pass is by pressure or clogging up the middle.
That chases the QB and the RB out to the defensive ends and outside linebackers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I picked EDGE. A dominant EDGE has been missing since Von left. If another Aaron Donald existed in this draft, I would want Snead to move up to get him! But alas, I see no AD in the first round.

I know Kickers are not picked in the first few rounds (if at all), but we all saw how important a kicker is and may have lost a couple of games last year due to a lack of a reliable kicker. I hope we look at the kicker who's kicking 61 yard FG's like they are easy! (UFL?)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am going to continue today The Rams go DEFENSE!! With this 2024 Draft & all The QB’s WR’s going.

I can not see The Rams going Offense with The 19th pick

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I am going to continue today The Rams go DEFENSE!! With this 2024 Draft & all The QB’s WR’s going.

I can not see The Rams going Offense with The 19th pick

I’m not sure Les is a guy who is going to force the biggest need anyway - but I can absolutely see the Rams going tackle or WR at 19

I could even see a QB - depending on what they are hearing from camp Stafford and who is there

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Edge for sure. Looks like the new model is to have the Offense with the big ticket guys, then build the D thru the draft and smart free agency deals. Pass rushers can be real expensive in free agency so the draft looks like the way to go for this team at this time for pass rushers. I expect to see a lot of darts thrown at the front of the Rams D in this draft. D Linemen, Edge guys, Linebackers. Wouldn't be surprised to see 6 or 7 picks used on those positions.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The way the question was phrased makes this a no brainer answer.

Glaring need? Gotta be edge.

But does it necessarily have to be taken at 19? I don’t think so.

I could see Rams trading up for an elite type WR or OT and then taking an edge that they like with a 2nd or 3rd in this draft.

Could be great long term value with those 2 moves.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Guy picking OT... really chose violence today.

Edit: maybe he listened to Allbright's show.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not sure Les is a guy who is going to force the biggest need anyway - but I can absolutely see the Rams going tackle or WR at 19

I could even see a QB - depending on what they are hearing from camp Stafford and who is there
At this point in 2024, I think picking a QB at #19 is a waste. Aside from Stafford needing weapons, he himself is striving for the gold jacket which he believes means winning a lot of games and 2-3 more Super Bowls to make it. Picking a QB at #19 in 2024 might make it harder for him to achieve his goals (and the team's).

radjohns

UDFA
I just want a facilitator of turnovers to merge in defense. To me that is the defense‘s biggest need. Perhaps that means an edge rusher who forces a QB into hasty decisions, or maybe it means a ballhawking CB. I don’t really care.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Went with DT, after erasing the Edge selection.
Studs at either position will do - but in reality, there ain't no replacing AD99!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Guy picking OT... really chose violence today.

Edit: maybe he listened to Allbright's show.

Thats Me Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

I see need as a 4-5 year projection - not just 2024

I’m worried about the tackle situation.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Edge is the biggest need, but not sure a rookie can fill that need.
Better then Hoecht? I'd bet they would be an improvement.
The way the question was phrased makes this a no brainer answer.

Glaring need? Gotta be edge.

But does it necessarily have to be taken at 19? I don’t think so.

I could see Rams trading up for an elite type WR or OT and then taking an edge that they like with a 2nd or 3rd in this draft.

Could be great long term value with those 2 moves.
Problem with that trade up is, the team trading down is going to want those picks you have mentioned that we can grab an edge with.