Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Except for me I'm always right. I'd use blue font but some of the comments to me have people really believing I think this :D
The sad thing is that people nowadays can’t agree to disagree.

I won’t turn this into a political post, as I know that it’s a subject which isn’t allowed on the forums, but if people just accepted that others may not share the same views the world would be a much better place.

But Fuaga is still overrated.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The sad thing is that people nowadays can’t agree to disagree.

I won’t turn this into a political post, as I know that it’s a subject which isn’t allowed on the forums, but if people just accepted that others may not share the same views the world would be a much better place.

But Fuaga is still overrated.
I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Fuaga debate is irrelevant as it sounds like the Raiders will take him at 13 to be their RT. Ironically their LT is another guy who probably the same people here said couldn't play LT in Kolton Miller :D I don't really have much of an opinion on Fuaga he very well may just end up a RT or a Guard. But I don't see anything in his play to say he can't be a LT but he was a hell of a RT at the college level.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The problem is that there are only two proper LT prospects in the first round
I don't agree with this. I think you have a few strong LT prospects and some very good dev types who might have the feet for it.

Rams are a good landing spot for either. But the dev types will have Jackson holding down LT so they don't get thrown into the fire day one.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
BTW @Flatlyner are you over there on FootballsFuture? I think I saw that name and avatar there the other day :D
Yessir. The Rams board has really dried up there though. Most likely due to the lack of a 1st rounder for a decade :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yessir. The Rams board has really dried up there though. Most likely due to the lack of a 1st rounder for a decade :)
Yeah I don't participate a whole lot there but I'm over there too. The relocation IMO destroyed the board for Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting a LT this year in the 1st certainly does not guarantee us as having an elite LT. I think history will show that be true.
We are still burned by the BUSTS that were Jason Smith and Greg Robinson. Both were 1st round, 2nd picks over all. Both had questions about them that all true believing Rams fans overlooked because we needed them to work out so desperately.

Jason Smith, Tackle from Baylor. He was an athletic freak who changed from being a tight end to tackle at Baylor. We told ourselves that this was a good thing because he'd be very nimble of feet in his pass blocking moves for Mark Bulger and Sam Bradford. The problem for this converted tight end was that he had little "junk in the trunk" and got pushed around. This pick was a bitter, high cost failure.

Greg Robinson, Tackle from Auburn. Jeff Fisher liked athletic freaks as well and most likely had influence over GM Les Snead (Auburn alum) in choosing him. I was over the moon when we picked this guy because he seemed like that blue chip LT prospect with multiple All Pro's in his future. He had plenty of weight (330 lbs), unlike Smith, but what we didn't key on was his intelligence, or lack thereof. He often started each play with no hand in the dirt at Auburn. He didn't memorize many plays, if at all, and seemed to rely on some sort of cue card system. On the Rams, he was dumb as a rock and is currently in prison for drug related crimes. Mind you, this was after he received a life changing fully guaranteed 1st contract of 21.28 million over 4 years.

This is where I was going to argue how Joe Alt is different from them. Unfortunately, he is similar to Jason Smith in being a converted tight end (don't like this)., but that is where the similarity ends. I could list all of the reasons why scouts think he is the #1 tackle available in the draft. This is where Les Snead earns his money. Did Snead learn from the Greg Robinson bust? Alt seems to be much smarter than Robinson and is an athletic freak who has played near flawless LT at Notre Dame for 3 years. I think Joe Alt is more like Joe Thomas than the other two. Thomas played 9 years straight in Cleveland and didn't miss a game until his 10th year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would entail giving up next year’s first.

Not sure we are in a position to do that, especially with both Stafford and Kupp getting older.
But if Joe Alt is THAT GUY (premier LT), he will extend the career of Stafford.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
But if Joe Alt is THAT GUY (premier LT), he will extend the career of Stafford.
As previously stated, he’s not an elite (Pace, Ogden, Jones) level prospect who merits giving up next year’s first.

Probably showing my age with those three. But there’s been nobody even close since, although Joe Thomas and Andrew Whitworth deserve honourable mentions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This draft will go down as probably the best OT draft in recent memory. So it would be very wise for the Rams to capitalize, given that they are selecting at 19 and since they have a one year window to redshirt whoever they take if necessary.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Key: Cornerstone Position

"There is a hole on the roster right now":

:helmet: Edge.
:helmet: DL. (Rams are flexible due to Turner)
:helmet: K. (Please God)
:helmet: WILB.

"Questionable current or projected starters":

:helmet: CB. (CB1)
:helmet: S.
:helmet: TE.
:helmet: WR. (WR3)

"Current answers are short term":

:helmet: LT.

"Depth may be a priority":

:helmet: C.

"Depth may be a priority":

C.
RB. (great starter but possibly injury prone.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As previously stated, he’s not an elite (Pace, Ogden, Jones) level prospect who merits giving up next year’s first.

Probably showing my age with those three. But there’s been nobody even close since, although Joe Thomas and Andrew Whitworth deserve honourable mentions.
Disagree, Alt appears to be elite and is worth next years 1st.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

I agree with you that Pace, Ogden, and Jones are the gold standard. We don't know for sure but I would be really surprised if any of this classes OTs were on that level.

I would add, though, are you laying out the best standard for determining when to give up a 1st next year? Pace was a 5 time All Pro, 7 time Pro Bowler, in 12 seasons. If we knew one of these guys would only do half that, wouldn't that be worth two 1sts?

I bet an All Pro LT could be traded for about 3-4 1sts in their prime. It's super easy to overvalue future picks. Snead has proven that over the last 8 years by trading his 1st round picks and the Rams have been more than fine.