Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My latest...I think this would be a solid draft. Get that development LT, but still get DL & Edge first. Then add some potential big play offensive skill help, with secondary depth and more DL/LB depth
View attachment 65221
Can't help but think we're better with one of the 1st round edges and a 2nd round DT.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nice Draft but checking the math the trade is slanted significantly in favor of the Rams. Not sure any team much less the Packers would be that desperate for the R1.19 pick.
Well blame PFF and not me. Don't kill the dream man hahahaha

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I did watch highlights of Isaac, and again I realize they are highlights, but he looks like he would be a nice complement to Young. Seems to be more of a Leonard Floyd type stongside end.

View: https://youtu.be/tc6lBUgNkpo?si=5P09Xgfl7Vid8pUI

High character guy too. I would be happy with Adisa Isaac.

James Franklin (PSU) rarely gets the five star recruits. So, to compete, he focuses on elite athletic traits, heart, and good character, in recruiting. This PSU team has a lot of guys in that mold. Chop Robinson, Olu Fashanu, Adida Isaac, LB Curtis Jacobs, and cb Daquan Hardy are some.

I would be happy if any of them are added to the Rams.

They have another DB named Johnny Dixon who I like in later rounds too. Hardy is a bit small for my liking. Curtis Jacobs is a good traditional linebacker. But the Rams have a guy like him in Hummel.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I guess I could look it up but I'm being lazy, so can someone post his measurables?

Memphis Ram

Legend

Peter Schrager and Field Yates did a mock draft yesterday. He's sticking with the Rams selecting an offensive player but says neither he or the Rams know what they are going to do yet as it depends upon how the board falls.

His selection for Rams....Georgia WR Ladd McConkey.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Peter Schrager and Field Yates did a mock draft yesterday. He's sticking with the Rams selecting an offensive player but says neither he or the Rams know what they are going to do yet as it depends upon how the board falls.

It is almost like Pete reads this board. Hi Pete.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Trade back, trade back, trade back...
That's the best way to succeed in the draft.

Sorry, it's behind a paywall.. but, to summarize.. it talks about how the math favors trading back. Of course, there are exceptions.. but, unless you think you're pretty damn sure you're getting a star with that first rounder? Trade back.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to settle on trade back, if possible, to get Newton, but I want Johnny Newton in Horns dammit! Him and Turner would upgrade our interior rush and pass defense big time. Turner has already showed he's so effective that offenses are double teaming him. I think Newton would be awesome in one on one situations and if they switch it to him, it's Turner's turn to take advantage of that. We can get an edge in the 2nd or 3rd. Besides, look how Young turned out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Sorry, it's behind a paywall.. but, to summarize.. it talks about how the math favors trading back. Of course, there are exceptions.. but, unless you think you're pretty damn sure you're getting a star with that first rounder? Trade back.
Snead seems to live by this concept. It has worked well in some instances and has also but him in the ass in others.

On the negative side, of course, Bobby Wagner. Many useless 6th round picks also.

Snead likes volume. My take is that is fine in some drafts, but don’t pass up an elite player that you love in favor of it.

Also, it depends on the current build of your team. A serious playoff team, usually can use an elite player over a bunch of filler

WestCoastRam

Legend

Great read.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Panthers have two firsts. 32 and 39. That’s roughly equal to the value of the Rams first and second round picks.

Would anyone be excited about that prospect?

I know it’s dependent on who is available. But, it would give the Rams the first pick on day two. That would allow them to survey the field and take offers to move back a little further. It could be a very valuable position plus could net them a fourth in a move back.

If Newton, was on the board at 19 I wouldn’t do it.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61

McConkey would be a good addition, used primarily on the outside for the Bulldogs. Really fast. Seems to fit. Looks like a McVay type pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The more I read and listen about Andru Phillips, the more I think he’s like a young John Johnson type.

The Rams moved JJ to safety and he was a very good, instinctual player for 4 years.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Schrager can get out of here. Reaches on both his mocks lol