Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
OK ... you get a pass ... This Time
View attachment 65224
Sorry Season 11 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You wish... I'm actually Mina Kimes.
This explains a lot.
Brugler did a full 7 round mock, here is our results:
1.19 - Verse - EDGE
2.52 - Nix - QB
3.83 - J.Burton - WR
3.99 - KAD - CB
5.154 - L.Taylor - DT
5.155 - Schrader - RB
6.196 - McLachlan - TE
6.209 - K.King - CB
6.213 - E.Williams - S
6.217 - N.Thomas - OT
7.254 - J.Ford - LB

Interesting. Can't complain about 1st rounder. 2nd rounder at least I could understand at mid 2nd round. Burton has reportedly lots of character issues, so not sure he's right for us, but talented (Rice was still on the board, as was McMillian/Baker/Washington). KAD and Taylor are both great picks.
Looks short on the DL to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

In some cases I’d say this is a ruse to make some other teams think that the Rams have real interest and then they want to trade up to get a guy that they covet in Chop. Like the Panthers who just need a pass rusher and have picks 33&39 as ammo.

However, a few years ago they made a late trip to Louisville ( about a week or so before the draft) to pay an in house visit to Tutu Atwell. Snead did the same with Tavon Austin.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Exactly! 19 & 52 for 33 & 39 is not close to even on the trade chart.

A near perfectly even trade with the Panthers would be:

19, 52, 99 (1359 total points) for 33, 39, 65 (1355 total points)
For shits and giggles I used that trade down in a 3 round mock on NFLmockdraftdatabase and came up with:
2.33 - Newton (within realm of possibility to drop to top of 2nd)
2.39 - Edgerrin Cooper (LB/Edge)
3.65 - Trice - Edge
3.83 - J.Polk WR

I for one would love this result. Massive upgrade to the D and get a playmaker on offense.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll be honest, if that's how far Newton falls, I'd love to get him and Latu on our team by trading up for him. What that entails, I have no clue, but those 2 be drafted would set up or D line for the future
Hell yes, I'd be all over that.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
More I think about it the more I thing the pick at 19, or after a trade down, is McConkey. He's that prototype McVay loves at WR. Runs good routes, has speed. Will win over the middle. With Kupp maybe missing games every season having another Receiver to pair with Nacua makes sense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For shits and giggles I used that trade down in a 3 round mock on NFLmockdraftdatabase and came up with:
3.65 - Trice - Edge
3.83 - J.Polk WR

I for one would love this result. Massive upgrade to the D and get a playmaker on offense.
Maybe we looked at a different chart. The Rams top two picks equal 1185 and 33-39 equal 1090. Maybe the Panthers throw in a late pick, maybe 101 at the top of round 4, it’s worth 94 pts and is another prime, start of the draft day slot.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
3.65 - Trice - Edge
3.83 - J.Polk WR

I got something close to that somewhat on my last mock, fuckin went trade crazy tho lol

pff_mock_results-12.png

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Maybe we looked at a different chart. The Rams top two picks equal 1185 and 33-39 equal 1090. Maybe the Panthers throw in a late pick, maybe 101 at the top of round 4, it’s worth 94 pts and is another prime, start of the draft day slot.
What chart do you use? I use the traditional Jimmy Johnson chart.

WestCoastRam

Legend
FWIW.. I think any QB not named Williams going to the Pats will be ruined by the horrible situation there. Feel bad for whomever it is if they don't trade down. Maye, Daniels, McCarthy just don't have enough to overcome it.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
FWIW.. I think any QB not named Williams going to the Pats will be ruined by the horrible situation there. Feel bad for whomever it is if they don't trade down. Maye, Daniels, McCarthy just don't have enough to overcome it.
If they're smart they rebuild the lines and skill positions this year and look to go QB in FA next offseason.

They need so much!

dang

Legend
3.65 - Trice - Edge
3.83 - J.Polk WR

Actually she’s a little much. Kay Adams from 10 years ago, that’s in my wheelhouse
Cute Kay>>>Spokesmodel Kay

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree. They really have no business throwing a QB into that mess. Trade down and acquire a boat load, build team and snatch top QB next year.