Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Brugler did a full 7 round mock, here is our results:
1.19 - Verse - EDGE
2.52 - Nix - QB
3.83 - J.Burton - WR
3.99 - KAD - CB
5.154 - L.Taylor - DT
5.155 - Schrader - RB
6.196 - McLachlan - TE
6.209 - K.King - CB
6.213 - E.Williams - S
6.217 - N.Thomas - OT
7.254 - J.Ford - LB

Interesting. Can't complain about 1st rounder. 2nd rounder at least I could understand at mid 2nd round. Burton has reportedly lots of character issues, so not sure he's right for us, but talented (Rice was still on the board, as was McMillian/Baker/Washington). KAD and Taylor are both great picks.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Panthers have two firsts. 32 and 39. That’s roughly equal to the value of the Rams first and second round picks.

Would anyone be excited about that prospect?

I know it’s dependent on who is available. But, it would give the Rams the first pick on day two. That would allow them to survey the field and take offers to move back a little further. It could be a very valuable position plus could net them a fourth in a move back.

If Newton, was on the board at 19 I wouldn’t do it.

I would take that trade, for sure.
With that, I'm pretty sure I could end up with 6 picks in top 100.. and at least one pick in 4th.

I think they're better off going for volume than picking Newton. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see him as a true difference-maker.
I'd rather have Jenkins or Maason smith and another defender with the trade back than him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Brugler did a full 7 round mock, here is our results:
1.19 - Verse - EDGE
2.52 - Nix - QB
3.83 - J.Burton - WR
3.99 - KAD - CB
5.154 - L.Taylor - DT
5.155 - Schrader - RB
6.196 - McLachlan - TE
6.209 - K.King - CB
6.213 - E.Williams - S
6.217 - N.Thomas - OT
7.254 - J.Ford - LB

Interesting. Can't complain about 1st rounder. 2nd rounder at least I could understand at mid 2nd round. Burton has reportedly lots of character issues, so not sure he's right for us, but talented (Rice was still on the board, as was McMillian/Baker/Washington). KAD and Taylor are both great picks.
I'm a no on Nix and Burton.. but think it's an interesting draft. I might go for Laube over Schrader.. but Schrader produces.. much like Kyren.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm a no on Nix and Burton.. but think it's an interesting draft. I might go for Laube over Schrader.. but Schrader produces.. much like Kyren.
If the Rams are set on a taking a QB, I'd prefer Penix here or Travis later. FWIW, I think Penix and perhaps even Nix go in the 1st however, not to us.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The Panthers have two firsts. 32 and 39. That’s roughly equal to the value of the Rams first and second round picks.

I know it’s dependent on who is available. But, it would give the Rams the first pick on day two. That would allow them to survey the field and take offers to move back a little further. It could be a very valuable position plus could net them a fourth in a move back.

39 is not a first, it is a second, but I like the idea.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Panthers have two firsts. 32 and 39.

1713373518286.png

Panthers don't have any firsts ... they have two seconds ... 33rd and 39th ... but I follow your thought.

Still, moving down 14 spots (from 19-to-33); and then moving-up 13 spots (from 52-to-39) doesn't seem wise.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would take that trade, for sure.
With that, I'm pretty sure I could end up with 6 picks in top 100.. and at least one pick in 4th.

I think they're better off going for volume than picking Newton. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see him as a true difference-maker.
I'd rather have Jenkins or Maason smith and another defender with the trade back than him.
Oh.. shit.. I didn't read right.
No, I would not do that trade. Sorry!! I need to pay closer attention, obviously.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
View attachment 65223

Panthers don't have any firsts ... they have two seconds ... 33rd and 39th ... but I follow your thought.

Still, moving down 14 spots (from 19-to-33); and then moving-up 13 spots (from 52-to-39) doesn't seem wise.
Exactly! 19 & 52 for 33 & 39 is not close to even on the trade chart.

A near perfectly even trade with the Panthers would be:

19, 52, 99 (1359 total points) for 33, 39, 65 (1355 total points)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This mock actually makes a ton of sense.
I'll be honest, if that's how far Newton falls, I'd love to get him and Latu on our team by trading up for him. What that entails, I have no clue, but those 2 be drafted would set up or D line for the future

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

my edit window closed. I should have reread before pushing post button.

The Panthers have two second rounders 33 & 39. That is equal to the Rams first and second.

Would you make that trade?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'll be honest, if that's how far Newton falls, I'd love to get him and Latu on our team by trading up for him. What that entails, I have no clue, but those 2 be drafted would set up or D line for the future
It would be like that Panthers draft years ago when they got Star Lutoleilei and Kawan Short