Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
View attachment 65212

Kneeland may be the best OLB prospect after Turner and Latu. (I like Verse a lot but not sure if he can do OLB).

We grab Newton (sadly, Murphy was gone in this draft) and trade up for Kneeland, giving up our 3rd round pick to get to the top of the 2nd.

I would be thrilled to come away with a top DT in the draft but if we want any OLB help beyond a spot starter we'll probably have to do this. Think Kneeland is a beast though and worth it.

Turner has shown he can play the nose, we keep him there with Newton taking over the 3T.
Snead has always regretted not drafting Grady Jarrett. Newton is most frequently compared to Jarrett. I think Snead likely has his eye on Newton.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
View attachment 65212

Kneeland may be the best OLB prospect after Turner and Latu. (I like Verse a lot but not sure if he can do OLB).

We grab Newton (sadly, Murphy was gone in this draft) and trade up for Kneeland, giving up our 3rd round pick to get to the top of the 2nd.

I would be thrilled to come away with a top DT in the draft but if we want any OLB help beyond a spot starter we'll probably have to do this. Think Kneeland is a beast though and worth it.

Turner has shown he can play the nose, we keep him there with Newton taking over the 3T.
I’d love this draft btw, although Os like another edge in there somewhere.

For all we know though, the Tams may be planning on signing one, or like one already on the roster that they are developing

If you could get Tracy in round 5 and an edge or safety in round 3, the. I’d like it better

Memphis Ram

Legend

Los Angeles Rams

Tyler Guyton
Oklahoma · OT · Junior (RS)
I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here: If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player. Los Angeles shored up its interior O-line in free agency. Guyton -- a bit of a project, but someone who can play either tackle spot -- gives Matthew Stafford another promising young guy to protect him in his 16th NFL season.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Los Angeles Rams

Tyler Guyton
I'll go on record with something of a guarantee here: If the Rams do not trade back, you better believe Sean McVay's first-ever first-round selection will be an offensive player. Los Angeles shored up its interior O-line in free agency. Guyton -- a bit of a project, but someone who can play either tackle spot -- gives Matthew Stafford another promising young guy to protect him in his 16th NFL season.
Oy! Okay, I'm sure this has been mentioned but if we grab a tackle, can we move Jackson or Boom during the draft or is it cost prohibitive.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I could not HATE Schragers mock more. I am very low on Guyton and think that he helps us absolutely zero this season. This mock fell pretty badly for us, but, I'd MUCH rather grab (they go after us): Verse, Thomas Jr, DeJean, Robinson, AD Mitchell, Penix, Nix, a bag of frito lays, etc. Guyton is one of the last guys I'd want for us at 19.

Its a bit scary since Schrager is connected and did this draft based on intel. :thumbsdown:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oy! Okay, I'm sure this has been mentioned but if we grab a tackle, can we move Jackson or Boom during the draft or is it cost prohibitive.
Both can be traded, not sure if Jackson has any guaranteed money in the tender but yeah both can be traded. There is just cap consequences of trading Boom.

WestCoastRam

Legend

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see that critique of him, that maybe he'll doesn't have the juice off the edge and if he bulks up could end up being a 3T.

He'll be an interesting one. I like him but it's easy to see exactly what his issues are.
I don't get it at all but that's fine.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Los Angeles Rams

Tyler Guyton
This would be a horrible fuckin pick. I don't wanna hear about potential either.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't get it at all but that's fine.
One other thing to like about him is that if you like him, you see a role for him bumping inside on passing downs as he did in college regardless of bulking up and then you can still try for a rotational pass rusher in the 2nd.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
This would be a horrible fuckin pick. I don't wanna hear about potential either.
I'm with you. Potential = isnt good right now and may never be. That is not what we need at all this year. No gambling on guys with potential. We need bad mother fuckers this year, this season.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Snead has always regretted not drafting Grady Jarrett. Newton is most frequently compared to Jarrett. I think Snead likely has his eye on Newton.
Snead compared Kobie Turner to Grady Jarrett, too. Last draft, he tasked Demoff with reminding him to not pass on the next Grady Jarrett. That was Demoff's only job. Snead said he almost traded back but Demoff reminded him and the rest is history.

The question is, do they need/want two Grady Jarretts?

WestCoastRam

Legend
I could not HATE Schragers mock more. I am very low on Guyton and think that he helps us absolutely zero this season. This mock fell pretty badly for us, but, I'd MUCH rather grab (they go after us): Verse, Thomas Jr, DeJean, Robinson, AD Mitchell, Penix, Nix, a bag of frito lays, etc. Guyton is one of the last guys I'd want for us at 19.

Its a bit scary since Schrager is connected and did this draft based on intel. :thumbsdown:
In Schrager's defense he did say if we DON'T trade back...

WestCoastRam

Legend
FWIW, something I've noticed about a draft year over year is that when there are positions that are weak in a draft (edge, ILB, RB, safety) in a draft, the minute you get past the top few guys, the players teams start taking often are little known guys or guys way down media boards.

I suspect that's gonna happen with the positions I mentioned above, possibly even with us, I think we're gonna see some weird names go starting with the 2nd round on but it's actually a factor of those positions lacking depth and teams scrounging for traits that fit their scheme, often coming from programs and places we have little knowledge about.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Peter Schrager is as connected with what the Rams do as Jourdan is a lot of time. If there is a tackle or WR they really like that gets within 10 picks of them I fully expect them to trade up to grab them.

View: https://x.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1780222514712674549

I'm not connected at all and I've been saying over and over that the Rams will trade up for an offensive piece. Both Snead and McVay are super aggressive and they admit this. I think the goal is to make that unit elite and I suspect they want a top-10 player to accomplish that.

Now with Schrager saying it, I put the odds of them moving up at about 50%. I think there's a 70% chance they draft offense first.