Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LOL Fuaga #2 odds at OL ahead of Fashanu, Fautanu and Latham alt at 7 is 5 ahead of Fuaga.

Edge Verse at 14 that sucks Turner 9 and Latu at 17 Chop at 25 Robinson 29 Trice 49

Murphy and newton 18 and 16 Fiske at 49

Thomas clearly WR 4 right before the Rams pick :D with the first three all 8 or higher. Franklin looks about right at 41 the lowest on here is Pratt at 165 and McCaffrey at 131.

Vegas knows things man that's how they make money and pay my taxes :D

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Great, all 3 edges are projected by Vegas to go before us, as are both DT, and both CB's. This would be a doomsday scenario and one which I'd trade down.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Great, all 3 edges are projected by Vegas to go before us, as are both DT, and both CB's. This would be a doomsday scenario and one which I'd trade down.
With or without trying to move-up as it starts to look like that's whats happening?

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

So if we were to assume that players with an over/under of 15 or less will be gone and players with an over/under of between 15-20 represent good value, we will be selecting from the following 8 players.
  • Terrion Arnold, CB | Alabama – 15.5
  • Laiatu Latu, EDGE | UCLA – 17.5
  • Brian Thomas Jr., WR | LSU – 17.5
  • Byron Murphy, DL | Texas – 16.5
  • Troy Fautanu, OT | Washington – 16.5
  • Cooper DeJean, CB | Iowa – 20.5
  • Jer'Zhan Newton, DL | Illinois – 18.5
  • Adonai Mitchell, WR | Texas – 17.5
Not surprising since these are the players we've mostly been discussing with the exception of Adonai Mitchell. It seems we need more discussion on him b/c this is the 2nd big clue that he is being valued around our pick.

EDIT - This is also the band of players with over/unders between 15-23.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Watching those last 5 picks or so go off the board before 19 is going to suck major ass.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
For Grins and Giggles...

Trade #19, #99 and #155 to NO
Get #14

#14 Byron Murphy DL
#52 Chris Braswell Edge
#83 Ja'Lynn Polk WR
Trade #154 to MINN
Get #157, #232 '25 5th
#157 Kalen King CB
#196 Nelson Ceasar Edge
#209 Dylan Laube RB
#213 Layden Robinson OL
Trade #217 to GB
Get #219, #255
#219 Josh Proctor S
#232 Sam Hartman QB
#254 Joshua Karty K
# 255 Tahj Washington WR

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Ike was a "steal"? At #33?
AD was a "steal" at #13?

AD did what every team wants from a first round draft pick! It's not a steal if you get what you're expecting.
Ike was 4 picks out of the first round. I guess that's where you expect chopped liver?
A steal is Puka Nacua in the 5th round.
A steal is Tom Brady in the 6th.

First round picks are not "steals"!

Guys taken 4 slots below the first round?

Maybe a little but don't you expect good production from the 33rd pick in the draft? I would classify Ike as more of a miss by everybody in the league except the Rams because though they didn't take him in the first, they grabbed him as soon as they had a second chance.

jjab360

Legend
AD was a "steal" at #13?

AD did what every team wants from a first round draft pick! It's not a steal if you get what you're expecting.
Ike was 4 picks out of the first round. I guess that's where you expect chopped liver?

Maybe a little but don't you expect good production from the 33rd pick in the draft? I would classify Ike as more of a miss by everybody in the league except the Rams because though they didn't take him in the first, they grabbed him as soon as they had a second chance.
It's semantics but I guess the argument is that you'd expect the greatest defensive player of his generation to at least go top 5 in the draft. He fell too far at 13

WestCoastRam

Legend
AD was a "steal" at #13?

AD was a steal at 13. He was absolutely worth the 1st in that draft and 3 more 1st round picks.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
AD was a "steal" at #13?

So do you expect every #13 pick, or even all top 10 picks, to be first ballot HOF, best at their position of all time, and arguably top 5 best defensive/offensive player of all time?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
AD was a "steal" at #13?

I remember at the time I had never heard of Isaac Bruce. Was surprised by the pick. That might have been back in days of limited online content, AOL days I think. So probably relied on draft publications/magazines etc...

WestCoastRam

Legend
1713246480974.png

Kneeland may be the best OLB prospect after Turner and Latu. (I like Verse a lot but not sure if he can do OLB).

We grab Newton (sadly, Murphy was gone in this draft) and trade up for Kneeland, giving up our 3rd round pick to get to the top of the 2nd.

I would be thrilled to come away with a top DT in the draft but if we want any OLB help beyond a spot starter we'll probably have to do this. Think Kneeland is a beast though and worth it.

Turner has shown he can play the nose, we keep him there with Newton taking over the 3T.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
AD was a steal at 13. He was absolutely worth the 1st in that draft and 3 more 1st round picks.
In that case, he would have been a steal at #1!! Like I said, IMO, first round picks (and in some cases, high seconds) aren't steals. They're the result of the teams above overlooking or going in another direction.
So do you expect every #13 pick, or even all top 10 picks, to be first ballot HOF, best at their position of all time, and arguably top 5 best defensive/offensive player of all time?
They don't expect HOF from any slot in the first round AND they expect HOF from any slot in the first round. P Manning was a steal at #1?? Where's Orlando Pace on that list? But of course HOF isn't a requirement as he's got Kupp there (and deservedly so).

I was simply saying it's rare to consider any first round pick a "steal". AD was the first DT taken. Steven Jackson was the first RB taken. I would concede Ike, despite being taken 33rd, as he was the 6th WR taken. But every year, every fan base expects their team to get two starters with their first 2 picks....unless they're picking at the bottom of both rounds. And in that latter case fans expect "at least" 1 starter. If you can see a college player as an NFL starter, and certainly first round starters are expected to be stars, then where's the steal if he maximizes his potential? 3rd, 4th, 5th round and so on, sure.

I guess we can say AD was a steal. Mahomes was a steal. Peyton Manning was a steal. Matt Stafford was a steal for the Rams when they traded their #1 QB and two first round picks for him. Despite him being a #1 pick with the stats to back it up. So let's hope we get a couple more steals this draft. And no matter who the Rams pick with their first round selection, nobody should diss the choice as he might be a steal! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: