Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JYB

Starter
Smith was.
And it’s a huge projection and his limited experience is likely the only reason he could fall to the later part of the first.
I know it’s a risk.. but there just ain’t many humans built like that who can move like that. And, again.. it’s a small sample but he has very good tape out there.
Like others, I'm also still way too scarred from all the hype over the "dancing bear" Greg Robinson to rely on athletic traits and potential over actual production when it comes to offensive linemen. And we need defensive line help way more, anyway.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I agree. Round two seems too high.

What good offensive lines did Mo Kamara dominate?

I just listened to PFF talking about how so few MAC players can play at the same level in the NFL.

I’m going to deduce that it’s similar with the Mountain West. I know Shaq Barrett is doing well but that’s one. Are there others?

Their two toughest opponents were Washington State and Utah State.
I surely hope you’re not contending that it’s required to play top notch teams to be an NFL great. I would look at Puka, AD, and Kupp. Their colleges were not recognized as powerhouses.

Likewise, even if you or your team put up those numbers like Jamarcus Russell, GRob, Gholston, Rashaun Woods, Manziel, etc., there is no guarantee you’ll be successful at the next level no matter how much success you’ve had in the collegiate ranks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I surely hope you’re not contending that it’s required to play top notch teams to be an NFL great. I would look at Puka, AD, and Kupp. Their colleges were not recognized as powerhouses.

Likewise, even if you or your team put up those numbers like Jamarcus Russell, GRob, Gholston, Rashaun Woods, Manziel, etc., there is no guarantee you’ll be successful at the next level no matter how much success you’ve had in the collegiate ranks.
I’m absolutely suggesting that it matters. Look at how few MAC corners are as successful in the NFL as they were in college. I bet you have trouble finding one.

Facing a future NFL tackle versus facing an UDFA or a guy bound for the USFL are two big differences.

Colorado State didn’t even play Pitts ACC level teams. The ACC regularly has players go to the NFL every year. I wouldn’t pretend that the Mountain west is comparable to any of the top five. AD dominated some very good teams with good Olines.

If Kamara had transferred to a bigger school like Fiske did, and still had that high pressure rate, then sure, I’d say round 2 just like Fiske is projected. But he didn’t. There is definitely more risk with Kamara.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Particularly funny after reading some people say Thomas Jr doesn't play fast :D
I think he ran the fastest post 10 yard split of all WR's. He has essentially the best build up speed for go routes in the draft.
An example of an option is Washington. They have a real need for OL/WR and have R2.36 and R2.40. Just spitballing but Rams offer R1.19/Tutu/R6 pick and could get 2 nice picks in early R2. Fiske/Cooper or Robinson/Cooper or Robinson/Cooper would be nice scenarios with those picks.
Could/would? But should?
Not sure how I'd fell about those first 2 picks. I assume you are suggesting we trade 19 for those picks? I'm really pretty meh on Robinson in our scheme. A guy that slow cannot cover anyone. He'd have to play on the line at DE I'd guess.

Dane Brugler's Mega Draft Guide is out.

Must be a subscriber to The Athletic.

Top 100

7. Brock Bowers
9. Troy Fautanu
14. Dallas Turner
15. Brian Thomas, Jr.
16. Byron Murphy II
20. Jared Verse
22. Laiatu Latu
25. Cooper DeJean
26. Chop Robinson
28. Jer'Zhan Newton
32. Marshawn Kneeland
46. Edgerrin Cooper
71. Braden Fiske
Glad to see he agrees that Murphy is the better prospect (the Newton). Personally, I'd have Newton higher then he put him though. And Latu at 22? I'm assuming he is factoring in injuries here.
I like Kamara too, but doubt he’ll be there in the tail end of the third. I’m guessing he goes late 2nd.

I’m beginning to think the Rams may be looking at Cooper / Newton in the first and Kamara in the second. This would line us up to pick a falling DT (Ruke, Hall), LB (Trotter), or Safety that we really like.

I’m excited for the draft and think Kamara is definitely the type of player Snead and McVay covet.
Cooper in the 1st? At 19? That wouldn't be getting value there. I'm not good with Kamara in the 2nd either. I don't think he's a 2nd round talent. So we'd be fairly drastically reaching at both of our first 2 picks IMO

Memphis Ram

Legend
Glad to see he agrees that Murphy is the better prospect (the Newton). Personally, I'd have Newton higher then he put him though. And Latu at 22? I'm assuming he is factoring in injuries here.
I see. Still time to make changes though as this was sent out to the editors and to print last week. He puts out a final list a few days before the draft and by then Newton should have worked out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does the u mean by the shuttle and 3-Cone times?

If these numbers are accurate, Ellis may be a target in the 3rd if the Rams don't get one of the 1st round edge defenders.
unverified

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jared Verse went to Central Columbia (county) high school. They are one of our regular opponents in all sports. He is a true late bloomer because he was nothing special in high school. One of our current coaches was at Central while Verse was there. He told my son that Verse wasn’t all that good in high school. But he had size. So he did get to play at a small school where he took off. So is that a sign of great work ethic?

On the other hand… my wife works with a woman whose kids went to Central Columbia high school with Jared Verse. She despises him. She said he’s was very arrogant and ignorant. There is a lot of talk in her area (Berwick) that the Buccaneers have spoken often with Verse and really hope they can draft him (pick 28). I’m guessing it’s his parents talking to people.

This woman that my wife works with has been a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan since the Gruden days. She didn’t go into too much detail with my wife, but she hates Verse so much that she said if the Buccaneers do pick him, she will no longer root for them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What does the u mean by the shuttle and 3-Cone times?

If these numbers are accurate, Ellis may be a target in the 3rd if the Rams don't get one of the 1st round edge defenders.
Maybe unofficial. Which I’d say would mean it was hand timed, or is not considered official since it was not from the combine.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

WestCoastRam

Legend

Article says Latu cleared by most teams including the Rams.
I was all Sportskeeda... umm... and then I saw the byline is Tony Pauline (talk about what the axe has done to talent around the league), he's legit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is probably only 1 team (Chicago), perhaps 2 (commodes) that know exactly who they are taking.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There is probably only 1 team (Chicago), perhaps 2 (commodes) that know exactly who they are taking.
And even then, sounds like Commodes still up in air of Daniels vs JJ.

People keep talking down Maye. Sure seems like he's going 4 right now but Charles Robinson and Nate Tice both wonder if this is cause teams want him to fall. I would love to see Maye to the Vikings. Or even Maye to the Giants. Perfect spots for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I think that almost certainly suggests he will be gone by our pick now.
Well that and the fact that he is my personal undisputed top choice for the Rams
All but guarantees he wont be a Ram Lol

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Projected third round edge Jonah Ellis just had a very good workout

View: https://x.com/MathBomb/status/1777806292393791721

This guy I really, really like. As pick #99, I’m in. There are a few similar edge guys in this range that I like. He’s Def one of them.
I like Ellis as well. Surprises me that he's talked about as being on the board in round 3 given that he's an edge and what he puts on film. 37 TFL. :woozy2:

Highlights:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIIcyMOYF8

Full game cutup vs Washington:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7G_cRxkihc