Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Elite defenders struggle too stop above avg offensive players due to the rules
I'm not so sure .... defensive backs get away with putting their arms around receivers in order to gain leverage and put their hands on the receiver down field, tug and pull on the jersey.....

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the Rams can't get Verse or Latu in the First round, I like Mo Kamara in the 3rd round. I agree with what Brett Kollman says in the first minute of the interview that Kamara could be this year's Kobi Turner.
He had a Pass Rush Win Rate of 19.4% this past season, and second in all the nation in total pressures

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7nS5Rdonc

Exactly. He doesn't have the requisite measurables most want for the position, but he has a high motor and can play.

IMO, IF the Rams couldn't obtain the EDGE and DT they wanted in the first couple of rounds and landed Mo Kamara and DT Kristian Boyd in round three they would be fine.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Dane Brugler's Mega Draft Guide is out.

Must be a subscriber to The Athletic.

Top 100

7. Brock Bowers
9. Troy Fautanu
14. Dallas Turner
15. Brian Thomas, Jr.
16. Byron Murphy II
20. Jared Verse
22. Laiatu Latu
25. Cooper DeJean
26. Chop Robinson
28. Jer'Zhan Newton
32. Marshawn Kneeland
46. Edgerrin Cooper
71. Braden Fiske

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Where does he have Trotter, Jr. ranked? Will he be gone before #52? #83? Some say his measurables aren't off the charts but his mentality and production certainly are......

Memphis Ram

Legend
Where does he have Trotter, Jr. ranked? Will he be gone before #52? #83? Some say his measurables aren't off the charts but his mentality and production certainly are......
Not in top 100.

7th Linebacker

But, hey he had Kobie Turner at #132 last year.

He'll update it few days before the draft.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If the Rams can't get Verse or Latu in the First round, I like Mo Kamara in the 3rd round. I agree with what Brett Kollman says in the first minute of the interview that Kamara could be this year's Kobi Turner.
He had a Pass Rush Win Rate of 19.4% this past season, and second in all the nation in total pressures

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7nS5Rdonc

I like Kamara too, but doubt he’ll be there in the tail end of the third. I’m guessing he goes late 2nd.

I’m beginning to think the Rams may be looking at Cooper / Newton in the first and Kamara in the second. This would line us up to pick a falling DT (Ruke, Hall), LB (Trotter), or Safety that we really like.

I’m excited for the draft and think Kamara is definitely the type of player Snead and McVay covet.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sam Palazolo from PFF said after going back and watching tape again, he think Murphy and Newton are top 15 talent.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That's kinda hard to believe given his measurables.

BTW, Brugler has him as a 5th or 6th rounder.
if you’re playing checkers with Al Davis then you’re correct. We are playing 3-D chess with McSnead. Again, I really don’t think Mo lasts until the tail end of the third being one of the most highly effective edge rushers last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's kinda hard to believe given his measurables.

BTW, Brugler has him as a 5th or 6th rounder.
I agree. Round two seems too high.
if you’re playing checkers with Al Davis then you’re correct. We are playing 3-D chess with McSnead. Again, I really don’t think Mo lasts until the tail end of the third being one of the most highly effective edge rushers last year.
What good offensive lines did Mo Kamara dominate?

I just listened to PFF talking about how so few MAC players can play at the same level in the NFL.

I’m going to deduce that it’s similar with the Mountain West. I know Shaq Barrett is doing well but that’s one. Are there others?

Their two toughest opponents were Washington State and Utah State.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mo Kamara is a projected 4th round pick.

Teams that Colorado St played

Wash. St.
Colorado
Middle Tennessee.
Utah Tech
Utah St
Boise State
UNLV
Air Force
Wyoming
San Diego St
Nevada
Hawaii

Was he dominating any NFL caliber linemen on that schedule?

He may have some good traits but at 6’-1”, I don’t think teams will be drafting him in rounds 2-3.

He should have transferred to better conference so he could prove himself.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'd really encourage you to watch some football games around the league. A huge part of the change is defenses doing a fantastic job. They're all playing shell coverages now to eliminate big plays and many teams are rotating coverages after the snap to muddy the reads. They're some great QB play, they're just not having as much explosives.

And defenses are defending the run with light boxes and there's an increase in simulated pressures across the league all contributing to making it harder on offenses. Not only that, defenses have really clamped down on RPOs since like 2019.
Dude, please...I watch plenty of football. I'll just say I will trust Snead & McVay in regards to why they spend 3 times as much cap on offense over defense. I trust their analytical's over yours.