Michael Brockers rejoins Rams after deal with Ravens falls through

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I don't mean to derail the thread people, but how in the world is Tanzel Smart still on this team?
Just askin'

~ArkyRamsFan~

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big surprise.I'm still processing this move. Like to see the contract details. I think this is it. If true changes things.

View: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1243575225742172160

Not sure if this makes sense. Two years for $24M? I guess only $7.5M is guaranteed which gives the Rams an out. The escalator clause is better for the Rams. He is an explanation. Maybe, he meant three years.

Better deal than it sounded at the outset.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1243596284830928896

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Brock is a solid DL against the run and durable.

Now the draft can focus on OL and big thumping, "bust you right in the face", ILB(s).

Less thrilled with Whit's signing as he has nowhere to go but downhill.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
McVay: Hey Brock, hows Balitmore treatin ya?

Brock: Well it's cold and gloomy. Smells a little funny here.

McVay: Tell John your ankle hurts.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I meant was if the Rams made him an offer that was similar to the Ravens did they offer that before he signed with the Ravens. And if they did, did Brockers reject it?
I bet it is not as good as what Balt was offering.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Very happy to have Brock back. Dont think he gets the respect he deserves as a player due to his stats. But we've been asking him to do all the dirty work for years to try and free up AD. Hes a great leader and locker room guy, and now we should have one of the better interior DLs in the league. If Leonard floyd can play his best football here, and Ebukam/Obo can keep developing... Our front might be very nice. Unfortunately D line cant stop the run by itself, you need good ILBs in a 3-4 to do that, so hopefully we solve that issue next through the draft.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Capture.JPG

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough.
The one year deals sort of irritate me, but, I understand that is a way to get a guy signed sometimes, like what happened with Fowler.
Finding a young guy who is ascending and signing him to a multiyear deal, even two year deal, is ideal. Hard to swing.
Also, the one year deals leaves cap room to sign next years studs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Will Rams choose between Michael Brockers, Leonard Floyd?

Posted by Mike Florio on March 27, 2020, 8:17 PM EDT

The Rams are low on cap space, and they have pending deals with former Bears linebacker Leonard Floyd and nearly Ravens defensive lineman Michael Brockers. With the Floyd deal still not finalized, the Rams worked out a deal with Brockers, whose unsigned agreement with the Ravens fell through. Currently, both Floyd and Brockers are technically unsigned by the Rams, while they await physicals. Before those physicals are passed and the contracts become effective, the Rams will have to create cap space in order to fit both players onto the active roster.

It’s a loophole that has allowed the Rams to squat on both players while figuring out the best way to manage the cap and absorb the contracts. Or maybe, as some are wondering, the Floyd deal will be scrapped, now that Brockers is back, with a three-year, $31.5 million contract.

And it would be easy to avoid the Floyd deal, which pays out $10 million for one year. Rams doctors need to simply conclude that he can’t pass a physical. Also caught up in this potential mess is free-agent defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, whose two-year, $17 million contract has not been signed.

However it plays out, the Rams are benefiting from the turbulent atmosphere engulfing normal NFL business, one that has allowed agreements in principle to be struck and to be held indefinitely in limbo until proper physicals can be administered. By the time that the COVID-19 pandemic eases to the point that physicals can occur, the Rams will either create cap space elsewhere (if players with existing contracts will agree to restructure), or the Rams will simply keep only one or two of the three players, telling Brockers and/or Floyd and/or Robinson that their deals won’t be finalized, with the failed physical providing the quick and easy “get out of jail free” card.

Therefore, like Brockers was, Christian is now back on the market

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun

The Rams are low on cap space, and they have pending deals with former Bears linebacker Leonard Floyd and nearly Ravens defensive lineman Michael Brockers. With the Floyd deal still not finalized, the Rams worked out a deal with Brockers, whose unsigned agreement with the Ravens fell through. Currently, both Floyd and Brockers are technically unsigned by the Rams, while they await physicals. Before those physicals are passed and the contracts become effective, the Rams will have to create cap space in order to fit both players onto the active roster.

It’s a loophole that has allowed the Rams to squat on both players while figuring out the best way to manage the cap and absorb the contracts. Or maybe, as some are wondering, the Floyd deal will be scrapped, now that Brockers is back, with a three-year, $31.5 million contract.

And it would be easy to avoid the Floyd deal, which pays out $10 million for one year. Rams doctors need to simply conclude that he can’t pass a physical. Also caught up in this potential mess is free-agent defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson, whose two-year, $17 million contract has not been signed.

However it plays out, the Rams are benefiting from the turbulent atmosphere engulfing normal NFL business, one that has allowed agreements in principle to be struck and to be held indefinitely in limbo until proper physicals can be administered. By the time that the COVID-19 pandemic eases to the point that physicals can occur, the Rams will either create cap space elsewhere (if players with existing contracts will agree to restructure), or the Rams will simply keep only one or two of the three players, telling Brockers and/or Floyd and/or Robinson that their deals won’t be finalized, with the failed physical providing the quick and easy “get out of jail free” card.

That's why I dont really read Florio anymore. He is an embarrassment to journalism. Every fan who can read knows that the Rams doctors cant do a physical on Floyd because of the coronavirus. So the Rams doctors simply just say he is hurt and void the contract. They have no part in it.

And Floyd is a linebacker. Brockers is a DT...what does one player have to do with the other. And over the cap already has Robinson contract figures in the system signaling that details have been agreed upon and finalized....I'm really mad at my self that I read his garbage again

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

A cynical story from an unlikeable sports reporter.