Michael Brockers rejoins Rams after deal with Ravens falls through

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Deal is similar to what Ravens offered. What changed?

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
The last time this happened to the Rams it worked out great with Saffold returning to the Rams.

Hoping this works out just as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
To quote Mr Burns....Excellent.
The addition of Robinson should allow Brockers to play his most natural position.
Also, this gives the Rams a real and true shot at a very good DL rotation.
Donald, Brockers, Day, Robinson, Gaines a draft pick. Should be very very solid.
Still using a draft pick on the DL for a rusher but maybe not the 2nd round pick now.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So...we signed 2 FAs AND Brockers but we couldn't re-sign fowler or littleton?

If we can somebody to step up on the edge, this defense could work out, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not so sure about this one. Now, the Robinson signing will cost us the Littleton comp pick. But the Rams clearly think he's worth the price. And if they're bringing him back with Robinson here, they must be planning on Robinson playing NT.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude will need to step up his production he was missing a lot in games last year .. that said glad to have big brock back

AlphaRam

Rookie
I wonder how much incentives make it up. Because all things equal, we're giving him more money than the Ravens were gonna give him after a failed physical.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So...we signed 2 FAs AND Brockers but we couldn't re-sign fowler or littleton?

If we can somebody to step up on the edge, this defense could work out, though.

Fowler wanted to be paid like a fairly big star, after one good but not great season. Littleton's quite good in the right system. Weak against the run though, and the Rams needed to improve there.

Plus, as others have alluded, the Rams needed more than one position. Especially with all the other top of the market players they have, they needed to get less expensive quality players. Hopefully they chose the right ones. I do wish they could have done a bit harder bargaining with Brockers, but I wasn't on the conference call.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's probably a lot that we don't know. We don't know these guys personally.

But ugh....this is basically the same amount for Littleton, who is younger and plays at a position of bigger need for us right now.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
I’m not worried about linebackers. We have 12 on the roster now and the draft coming up.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
They had money for this? Also lose a comp pick. They’re looking at one pick now given they lost Fowler and Littleton and signed Robinson. D line no longer a huge draft need. Focus on ILB and O line

tempests

Hall of Fame
Welcome back, big man. Some sunshine in a dreary offseason. Aaron Donald is happy today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good to see Brock is sticking with us. Good team mate and locker room guy as well as being a very good D-lineman. I've just always thought his value was under rated by many fans.