Michael Brockers rejoins Rams after deal with Ravens falls through

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
They had money for this? Also lose a comp pick. They’re looking at one pick now given they lost Fowler and Littleton and signed Robinson. D line no longer a huge draft need. Focus on ILB and O line

I dont see how resigning our own player counts against us in comp formula. Since Brockers was never technically a Raven than this is simply just a resigning.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If resigning Andrew Whitworth & Austin Blythe did not have any barring of CDP's then neither would resigning our own Brockers..............right?

Brockers is such a great professional that it would have been difficult for me not to reach out & offer him a chance on staying with his Ram buddies with the Rams & play an important part in working with DC Staley in the finally bring back a great run stuffing defense in LA.

This was a great way to start my day! Snead now has no holes to fill anywhere on the DL going into the draft. He can target in on the edge rushers/ OL/ RB & corners on day 2 Friday & day 3 Saturday.

Staley/Henderson now have some beef & Experience up front on this 2020 DL. Micheal Brockers can play all 3 of the front DL positions. You can play Arron Donald anywhere on the front DL too. A'Shawn Robinson can operate @ NT or 5 tech post. Tanzel Smart has played 3 tech & NT. Greg Gaines can play all three DL posts Gaines is that versatile. Marquise Copeland is a 5 tech/NT DL'er. Sebastian Joespeh-Day is a one post NT IMO.

Last edited:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If resigning Andrew Whitworth & Austin Blythe did not have any barring of CDP's then neither would resigning our own Brockers..............right?
Technically, in a vacuum, yes. But we lose the Comp Pick we would have gotten, had the Brockers/Ravens deal gone through.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brockers is such a great professional that it would have been difficult for me not to reach out & offer him a chance on staying with his Ram buddies with the Rams & play an important part in working with DC Staley in the finally bring back a great run stuffing defense in LA.

This was a great way to start my day!
It doesn't hurt us but it removed the pick we'd get from him signing with somebody else or negate the Robinson signing.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
This is great news! Brock should get to attack more now that we have Robinson to eat up all the blocks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont see how resigning our own player counts against us in comp formula. Since Brockers was never technically a Raven than this is simply just a resigning.

Before the Brockers deal fell through, we were slated to definitely get comp picks for:
Fowler - likely 3rd
Littleton - 4th or 5th
Brockers - 5th

But the Brockers pick was negated by A'Shawn Robinson. With Brockers now out of the way, A'Shawn Robinson will negate the Littleton comp pick. So we're down to just Fowler.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
Before the Brockers deal fell through, we were slated to definitely get comp picks for:
Fowler - likely 3rd
Littleton - 4th or 5th
Brockers - 5th

But the Brockers pick was negated by A'Shawn Robinson. With Brockers now out of the way, A'Shawn Robinson will negate the Littleton comp pick. So we're down to just Fowler.

This. I know I'm way happier with having Brockers and 3rd rather than a 3rd and a 4th at best.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fowler - likely 3rd
Littleton - 4th or 5th
Brockers - 5th

Is it about trying to win or piling up midround....by definition high percentage of misses.....draft picks.
Having better depth/quality on the DL excites me a lot more than an extra 4th or 5th round pick.

London_Ram

Rookie
The Ravens not signing him due to ankle concerns makes it probable in my view that no other team would have signed Brockers on anything like the Ravens potential terms today.

Us knowing what condition his ankle really is in means we could make the move.

Another team couldn't have taken that risk and if we hadn't have resigned him I could see a scenario whereby he'd only sign elsewhere once a medical could be completed - which could be after the date for comp picks - meaning not only had we lost Brockers but a potential pick.

Not the reason we signed him but a potential benefit of doing so

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
(y):love:

Ref. CDPA's...........I believe that this team needs to have a good number of future draft selections in 2021. This is a very high need for Snead. The inexpensive DP's are vital over high priced UFA's. So any signing action that would effect the possible CDPA is not a good thing. But when you have an opportunity to bring back an Andrew Whitworth type on the defensive side of the ball like Brockers .......you would be a fool not to make the move!

You can never have enough good solid experienced veteran linemen on this team. The Song remains the same It all starts up front!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“Welp, I fell in love with that new Rams logo and couldn’t leave” ~ Brock

dreveles52

UDFA
Our D-line should be in great shape. If we focus on LB and Oline for the draft and second wave of free agency we should be in good shape.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good move in the short term (i.e. one less hole) but not sure that is true for the long term. That said I'm a big fan of the guy so welcome back big fella.

Does seem to increase OL likelihood at 52 as well which IMO would be a good thing. Assuming Snead doesn't move down. (y)

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
cap savings must have been the reason for letting him go in the first place. I wonder if this will throw a wrench into some future plan that mcsnead had. anyway welcome back big brock