Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Lawrence. Wilson. Jones. Fields. Lance. We know that traditionally first-round QBs are a total crapshoot.--Going by historical data we can assume two of the five will be solid, while three will be bust.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Please fate let it be Jones. And please, Jets, don't screw it up and just fucking take Wilson.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Twitter seems to be leaning towards Lance to SF - but I still think its Mac. Whoever it is, lets hope they suck.
Yeah I think the non-Jones talk is League related to help generate some buzz and uncertainty on top picks. Top 2 are known and thus no buzz. I’m sure league didn’t want a 3rd pick set in stone media wise.
Jones will be the pick - you don’t move up without knowing which guy you want.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I think the non-Jones talk is League related to help generate some buzz and uncertainty on top picks. Top 2 are known and thus no buzz. I’m sure league didn’t want a 3rd pick set in stone media wise.
Jones will be the pick - you don’t move up without knowing which guy you want.

Yep that is why I think it could be Pitts. I know a TE value is not there though & Niner Fans would be in shock. The timing seems right though. Once the Jets decided they were going Wilson is when they made the trade up.The hype is the hype,when is the insider trading going to show up ? Kittle says Jimmy G is there guy & a TE could be in play? He knows a little bit about the pick??
Having a young QB like Jared Goff helped The Rams salary wise though & makes sense to develop a QB for the future.Looking at 2022 QB class may have sparked the trade? Plenty of questions.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yep that is why I think it could be Pitts. I know a TE value is not there though & Niner Fans would be in shock. The timing seems right though. Once the Jets decided they were going Wilson is when they made the trade up.The hype is the hype,when is the insider trading going to show up ? Kittle says Jimmy G is there guy & a TE could be in play? He knows a little bit about the pick??
Having a young QB like Jared Goff helped The Rams salary wise though & makes sense to develop a QB for the future.Looking at 2022 QB class may have sparked the trade? Plenty of questions.

They'd be idiots to take Pitts. I'm sorry, a tight end could be the lovechild of Tony Gonzalez and Kellen Winslow Sr. (the Hall of Fame Chargers tight end, not his son), and I still wouldn't trade into the top three for him. It's a quarterback, and I'm praying it's not Fields or Lance (or - if the Jets are stupid - Wilson).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Lance is catching Jones on the betting odds. Come on Ratboy screw this up for us!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He's been open about how the fan base is completely pissed off at the prospect of drafting Mac Jones and adding to that all the picks they gave up to move to get him at #3. I think he's telling people he anticipates the fan base being made. Though truth be told parts of the fan base will be upset no matter who the pick is because they moved up to get that player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They'd be idiots to take Pitts. I'm sorry, a tight end could be the lovechild of Tony Gonzalez and Kellen Winslow Sr. (the Hall of Fame Chargers tight end, not his son), and I still wouldn't trade into the top three for him. It's a quarterback, and I'm praying it's not Fields or Lance (or - if the Jets are stupid - Wilson).

Totally agree it has to be,and Pitts still had a lot of 2 other teammates that might go in the 1st/2nd rd.The timing is what caught my attention,what they gave up makes drafting a TE extremely unlikely.
Van Jefferson was a nice pick up from Florida.I remember Air” Corayle & that other Jefferson Cat,or Joyner.Muchie I think ended up over there as well.Foutes had his choices.
Jr. Winslow another Florida guy along with Hernandez.They have produced some good TE’s. The Niners had the TE who ran a 4.5 40 who was pretty good as well.(Gates Ncst.?). Gronk from Zona.

We can go down the 1st rd QB’s who have failed. Shanahan’s father was apart of the RG111 movement &!jr was his OC.Jr. Thinks he is a QB guru,but Andy Reid’s track record is one of the best.Hope the San Jose team makes the wrong choice no matter the player or position.

Go Rams!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's been open about how the fan base is completely pissed off at the prospect of drafting Mac Jones and adding to that all the picks they gave up to move to get him at #3. I think he's telling people he anticipates the fan base being made. Though truth be told parts of the fan base will be upset no matter who the pick is because they moved up to get that player.

Shanny & Fox showed there Knutt sacks big time.Hope they shoot a big blank.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Totally agree it has to be,and Pitts still had a lot of 2 other teammates that might go in the 1st/2nd rd.The timing is what caught my attention,what they gave up makes drafting a TE extremely unlikely.
Van Jefferson was a nice pick up from Florida.I remember Air” Corayle & that other Jefferson Cat,or Joyner.Muchie I think ended up over there as well.Foutes had his choices.
Jr. Winslow another Florida guy along with Hernandez.They have produced some good TE’s. The Niners had the TE who ran a 4.5 40 who was pretty good as well.(Gates Ncst.?). Gronk from Zona.

We can go down the 1st rd QB’s who have failed. Shanahan’s father was apart of the RG111 movement &!jr was his OC.Jr. Thinks he is a QB guru,but Andy Reid’s track record is one of the best.Hope the San Jose team makes the wrong choice no matter the player or position.

Go Rams!
I think RG3 was Snyders pick. Same draft Shanny picked Cousins.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Then there you go cousins at #3,I mean Jones.

—Still you kidding ? That’s like saying your not doing to take Dak Prescott in the 4th ? I’ll tell you this about teams letting not drafting talent when it’s there.They lose. His Ferrot & Trent Green ? My memory is foggy,but drafting talent is the way to go.
IMO RG111 did pretty good his rookie year.They lost to the Hags if memory is right? The Field was Crap & Rg111 tore his knee up. The coaches left him in & his career was basically over.He was never the same ? — Speak of a lot of teams missed out on Russell Wilson as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There's no way on god's earth a team trades 3 1st round picks to move up and draft a tight end

—Just saying the timing was odd Imo.Bringing it up because Bucky Brocks had him going there in a Mock Draft.
Who’s your pick at 3 ?? Just for fun. — Aaron Rogers or Matthew Stafford. I like what The Rams did at QB. The 9’s are still scrambling.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If they end up going Lance at 3, it could be a loooong wait for Jones tonight.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

So who’s pick was it for The Niners ??
Mac Jones was Shanahan’s. Will they step back in to get him ?? Or that Stanford QB?