Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
My rankings are:
1. Trevor Lawrence - Full package. Generational QB prospect like Luck.
2. Zach Wilson - More questions than Lawrence but also arguably has more upside because of his ability to make magic happen outside of structure.

3. Justin Fields - Superb athlete and thrower. Slow processor.

4. Trey Lance - Arguably the most physically gifted QB in the Draft. Very raw in terms of accuracy, fundamentals, and reads.

5. Mac Jones - Strong accuracy and anticipation. Lack of mobility. Average arm. Shaky under duress.

So there's definite space between Trevor and the other QB's ?
Or my real concern is 49ers can't get Trevor without moving up again?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Whats everybody so freaked out about?
Yeah idk. Miami looks like the clear winner here. SF likely was poised to go get Watson, then had to go to plan B and it cost them a fuckload of picks for the 3rd QB taken overall. Crapshoot.

It's not like they moved the farm for a stud veteran QB upgrade like the Rams did....which was probably the Niners plan A (Watson)

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Yeah idk. Miami looks like the clear winner here. SF likely was poised to go get Watson, then had to go to plan B and it cost them a fuckload of picks for the 3rd QB taken overall. Crapshoot.

It's not like they moved the farm for a stud veteran QB upgrade like the Rams did....which was probably the Niners plan A (Watson)
Amen to that - making 9ers burn picks to move up is a definite win for us!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so we can gather the dolphins wanted to trade down to #6 but the eagles weren't interested in the #3 pick. so they took the convoluted route which involved the whiners giving up two 1st round picks.

MachS

Hall of Fame

I think Zach Wilson will be better than Lawrence personally. His arm is better, quicker release, can throw off platform and from different angles extremely well, pinpoint accuracy. Saw the Aaron Rodgers comp and I agree thats exactly who he reminds me of. Wasn't throwing to a stable of 4-5 star athletes like Lawrence was at Clemson.

Seems pretty safe tho T Law and Wilson are going 1-2. So fingers crossed nothing else crazy happens, but we'll likely be seeing Fields or Lance twice a year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I have Wilson and Lawrence in the same tier, but I can't see any scenario where the 49ers can move up for Lawrence. The Jaguars and Jets would both have to pass on him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As long as it’s not the top 2 QB’s, the risk for them is higher. If this blows up on them it will be bad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bobby Beathard didn't like first round picks either.
He didn't like committing large contracts to unproven players.

That’s hard to compare to the salary cap era. Rookies don’t get 50 million anymore.

So what do you guys think?

Lance? If so does Jimmy stick around because some think he's less "ready"?
Fields? Do they worry about Jimmy being there or maybe this is why they talked about Minshew? Cheaper backup less likely to be needed with a more pro ready guy?
Mac Jones? I don't get this one but lots of smoke out there for him.

Maybe they think they can get something for Garapolo?

As long as they don’t get either Lawrence or Zach Wilson, I’m not worried. We’ve seen enough Trey Lance and Justin Fields to scare me into thinking they are the next Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers

Good trade for the Dolphins. Patriots gonna have their hands full.

An ex Belichick coach my finally be sticking it to the Patriots consistently.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't worry about this, Rammers. Niners are geared to run the ball. That's not going to change. They are who they are with no 1st round picks for three years. Rams are still the better team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Lame I checked out the shitter message board and they are actually excited.

Fucking excited. Pisses me off.

Trade for Matthew Stafford and...well. You know.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck the 69ers. I hope that they take Mac Jones and he busts harder than Trubisky.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Whether you draft a quarterback in the first round or 6th round of the NFL draft, it is no guarantee that either one will pan out to become a superstar or even a starter--Good luck 49ers

Ellard80

Legend
I like Fields and Lance both tbh. And putting that type of talent with Shanahan likely means they'll produce big time. Jimmy G is garbage, this is an upgrade for them. Not to mention they will likely trade Jimmy G now back to the Patriots or someone and clear a ton of cap space.

yeah but you just never know with QBs... like 1% of them are sure things the other 99% are a crapshoot with the majority never ending up being any good.

Ellard80

Legend
Here's what's actually happening right now and time to get even more upset.

The Jets aren't taking a QB at pick 2. When Corey Davis signed there last week he said Darnold was going to be their QB. Shanahan called Salah and he obviously told him they're going OL or Pitts at 2. The Niners just traded up for Zach Wilson at 3. Calling it now.

Hope it doesn't happen but makes too much sense. You know Saleh and Shanny would be talking.

nah man jets are going to take Wilson