Miami Trading #3 to.....SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Game recognize game...The Shanny/McVay cold war continues
F Shanny...he’s an over the hill skater boy. Let’s see a takedown competition between McVay and Shanny. Loser cleans the other teams porta potties.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Starting to look to me like Snead started a trend in the NFL as far as trading 1sts goes. They are just not as valuable as everyone makes them out to be, especially for top ten (or even top 16) teams.

Yep. It was only a matter of time before other GMs started to see the wisdom in the strategy.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The worst part of this deal is the Niner fans are all happy and cheering and partying over this move. I like it better when they are whiny and miserable.
So agree....but maybe this will be a slow burn and thus hurt them even more and worse. That’s what I’m hoping/praying for at least.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what do you guys think?

Lance? If so does Jimmy stick around because some think he's less "ready"?
Fields? Do they worry about Jimmy being there or maybe this is why they talked about Minshew? Cheaper backup less likely to be needed with a more pro ready guy?
Mac Jones? I don't get this one but lots of smoke out there for him.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Starting to look to me like Snead started a trend in the NFL as far as trading 1sts goes. They are just not as valuable as everyone makes them out to be, especially for top ten (or even top 16) teams.
I am starting to come over to this theory a bit. The amount of 1st round busts....money, time, roster spot, etc. spent on a guy. Then there are the Floyd types who just take a while to blossom into an impact player.

As long as you trade those 1s for a guaranteed elite player in his prime like Ramsey, Stafford, etc - it’s absolutely worth it and a no-brainer win arguably.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Justin Fields would suck to face twice a year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am starting to come over to this theory a bit. The amount of 1st round busts....money, time, roster spot, etc. spent on a guy. Then there are the Floyd types who just take a while to blossom into an impact player.

As long as you trade those 1s for a guaranteed elite player in his prime like Ramsey, Stafford, etc - it’s absolutely worth it and a no-brainer win arguably.

I was a Draftnik back in the Day. The Cheaters & Walsh were the best.Always trading back for value.
—Looking back is a perfect example
of how bad 1st rd picks were.I was mad at Al Davis for not letting The PURPLE JUICE RUSSELL go back in the draft.
Sam Bradford is still The Highest Paid Rookie Ever.If you missed on a Rookie you were DOOMED!!
I also look at Bell & Gurley.The Steelers didn’t miss Bell,but his contract talks caused The Rams to over pay for Todd Gurley.
—Donald held out , but Gurley & Goff both got paid.Funny how that worked out.I’m still about making that 1st rd pick earn his money & earning that 5th year.Negotiationing late at the very least.

—Yes as Meril states my posting can be confusing,but there is a lot there.
Talking years and years of Rookie & FA signings.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who do you think their after, in your opinion?

I don't know. If it were me, I'd take Justin Fields (assuming Lawrence and Wilson are gone). Just saying that the national media's guesses are just that, guesses.

…..

Legend
Whats everybody so freaked out about?

Rams defense welcomes the chance to break in a rookie qb the right way, with a face full of grass and a sore shoulder.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I don't know. If it were me, I'd take Justin Fields (assuming Lawrence and Wilson are gone). Just saying that the national media's guesses are just that, guesses.
Oh I agree. I know you follow the draft prospects pretty close and was just curious as to how
you had them stacked.Thx

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh I agree. I know you follow the draft prospects pretty close and was just curious as to how
you had them stacked.Thx

My rankings are:
1. Trevor Lawrence - Full package. Generational QB prospect like Luck.
2. Zach Wilson - More questions than Lawrence but also arguably has more upside because of his ability to make magic happen outside of structure.

3. Justin Fields - Superb athlete and thrower. Slow processor.

4. Trey Lance - Arguably the most physically gifted QB in the Draft. Very raw in terms of accuracy, fundamentals, and reads.

5. Mac Jones - Strong accuracy and anticipation. Lack of mobility. Average arm. Shaky under duress.