McVay said he was suprised by all the cheering when the packers scored.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
That stadium was packed. Totally packed.
It holds well over 100k for SC games.
It’s embarrassing that people are using this to discredit the team.
4 major sporting events going on simultaneously including a WS game. Has that ever happened before?
I was going to mention this to in my rant, but... thanks for pointing it out. That is a lot of sports fans for a shit sports city.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Rams season ticket holders after the Packers lose

tenor.gif

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
During the game lots of Rams fans where answering the Pack fans..... "GO BACK HOME" :p

Rams season ticket holders after the Packers lose

tenor.gif
No Lie.... I'm an IDIOT for not buying 8 presale tix for this game. I could have made a killing. On the flipside, we paid almost 3x the reg. price for Tailgate parking pass :(

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
C'mon DB... I think you know better.

If the Giants were undefeated and playing Green Bay and...
* The Knicks had Lebron and were playing that night while the Nets were playing in Brooklyn
* The Yankees were in the World Series against LA at Yankee Stadium
* The Devils, Rangers and Islanders were all home..

If all that happened, I guarantee Metlife would be sold out and those Giants fans wouldn't have sold out like Rams fans did yesterday. I'd bet, maybe 25% would be Packers fans.

Same thing if it were NE... or PHI... those fans are dedicated to football and their teams.. not revenue.

I've been in DAL for over 25 years now. Their fans are terrible.. as in "sell their tix for the money".
Went to a PITT game a few years ago... similar to The Coliseum yesterday. Two good friends of mine pick the best team that travels, sells their tickets for the entire amount of their season tickets. They don't care that it might be a great game and DAL might need a win... they sell out.

The funny thing is... it's usually the games involving these "in demand" tickets that are the ones the Rams really need to win and are going to be difficult. In other words, it's those games where home field means the most.

But, season ticket holders sell out.

Bottom line is: What's more important to you? Money or The Rams? Seems like approximately 40% (I'd guess higher, actually) chose money.

Fans of money, I suppose. Maybe we should call them the Los Angeles Mint. :LOL::(
Did any of those teams you mentioned move away for 20 years? The LA fans were Major leagued by Frontreary, which left a void which cause NFL fans in LA to find other teams to root for. Plus the transplants and the traveling fans. It will take time and a new generation of LA sports fans to gain the type of commitment you seem to think the Rams deserve deserve just because they came home. I love my Rams, but all is not forgotten around here and they still need to woo the new fans.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Again, the colosseum sucks. "If" you haven't been their you have no clue how uncomfortable and inconvenient that piece of crap is. If I had season tickets it would be to make money off the yokels from out of town. I would sit home and enjoy watching my rams play in comfort. I go to one game a year and have turned down free tickets. It's all I can stand. You can say I don't support my team. Whatever. I have been a rams fan since 1969, bought jerseys, mugs, hats and other crap. lived through there moves. If we prefer to make money tough crap.

I know people who have sold their seats to opposing fans, and it's fine with me it doesn't hurt me one bit and I don't thinkmany people would be upset. We could put up a poll but it's not that important.

A few years back I ran into a couple of guys that were season ticket holders for the Cardinals. They were on vacation and I bumped into them at a sports bar. Football, Warner and other topics got covered it wasn't a tense conversation since the rivalry isn't really much..........they had a block of 4 seats together. They were selected in the lottery and got Super Bowl tickets..........which they ended up selling for 5K per seat. I would have done that too and been perfectly happy to watch my team at home with ten grand in my pocket.

I was going to mention this to in my rant, but... thanks for pointing it out. That is a lot of sports fans for a crap sports city.

It's not a crappy sports city at all. But the Rams lack the same popularity as other teams. Some cities are partial to particular sports.

I'm from Cleveland and the Browns draw big even when they are terrible. It's a football town. The Cavaliers pack the house when they are contenders otherwise tickets can be had walking up to the gate the night of a game. That's just how it is.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Fact is LA will always be the Lakers' city. When you have a dynasty like that, the fans will gravitate for a long time. This is our 3rd year back, and year 1 we we're a garbage product.

Another big thing to add is the Dodgers were playing a home field eliminetion game in the World Series last night. If you were a fan of both teams which game would you prefer to see live? I'm sure that played into it.

I was very disappointed by the crowd yesterday too, but I doubt we'll see that come playoff time.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams decided to offer up 10,000 extra seats..........and McVay is surprised that the Packers fans were in heavy attendance LOL.........ok. Who did he think those tickets were for? What did he expect? Kroenke decided to open the gates for Packers fans because of the $$$. If they weren't showing up those 10,000 seats don't get put on the market.

If anyone thinks this is going to change I have news for you. Get used to it.

There will be no home field advantage IMO, the market isn't right for it. Like Las Vegas, Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami opposing fans will travel there, and especially fans from cold weather cities.

The Rams have been back in LA going into three seasons and last year they took the NFL by storm out of nowhere they turned into the best offense in the NFL with the DPOY, OPOY and HCOTY..........this year 7-0 and the Packers fans almost outnumbered Rams fans.

Anyone thinking this will change with the new stadium is IMO totally wrong. Opposing fans are flocking to LA to go to a dumpy stadium in the middle of renovations. They will come to the new place in the same or higher numbers for the novelty of it, to see the stadium. So it'll get worse not better.

As long as NFL games cost huge money to attend this will happen. Many hometown fans that would love to attend can't justify dropping hundreds of dollars 8 times a year. So opposing teams fans who are able to afford the weekend trip take their place.
And that's all fine and good... but someone please explain to me how some markets maintain excellent attendance, even if the team is not very good. Even if there are "lots of things" to do other than football.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know why talking about something that is clearly not normal, no matter how much spin we want to give it, has to be like walking on egg shells..

I am not reading a bunch of "LA fans suck" posts. Its being discussed realistically and respectfully, and yet unless you are saying "everything is fine", it feels risky to post any other opinion on the subject.
Our head coach clearly was surprised and dissapointed and he wouldnt bring it up if it was the non-issue some want to make it.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Who wouldn't want to leave Wisconsin in late October to see the game in Los Angeles. They probably made a long weekend of it. Were there hundreds of chubby, pale Norwegians seen at Venice Beach today? Maybe.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be curious to know when the last time a WS game was played on a Sunday in the same city an NFL team was playing, particularly a deciding game

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd be curious to know when the last time a WS game was played on a Sunday in the same city an NFL team was playing, particularly a deciding game

It may have happened in STL if I recall. Playoff games at least.

And that's all fine and good... but someone please explain to me how some markets maintain excellent attendance, even if the team is not very good. Even if there are "lots of things" to do other than football.

Like I said in some towns it's a real part of the fabric of the community.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Frankly, the story is old and stale and it only serves to make me roll my eyes when they bring it up.

And boring. And, btw, who the fuck cares? The Cowboys, Steelers and Packers, are national teams. That's just the way it is.
And I can't prove this, but everybody wearing a green jersey yesterday did not fly to LA. At least half, and probably more, are locals.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thing is, that has never happened.
I will say this though, getting tickets to Giants games is sure easier in the last decade than it was in the 80's and 90's
Not sure how to compare the two
Of course it hasn't... hypothetical.

Based on my years growing up there and attendance? My money would go on solid representation by the home team fans.

But, can't prove that.

There is a portion of LA Rams fans that go to just about every game and don't sell out. I admire those fans tremendously.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again, the colosseum sucks. "If" you haven't been their you have no clue how uncomfortable and inconvenient that piece of crap is. If I had season tickets it would be to make money off the yokels from out of town. I would sit home and enjoy watching my rams play in comfort. I go to one game a year and have turned down free tickets. It's all I can stand. You can say I don't support my team. Whatever. I have been a rams fan since 1969, bought jerseys, mugs, hats and other crap. lived through there moves. If we prefer to make money tough crap.
Well, there you go.

Thanks for your honesty.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did any of those teams you mentioned move away for 20 years? The LA fans were Major leagued by Frontreary, which left a void which cause NFL fans in LA to find other teams to root for. Plus the transplants and the traveling fans. It will take time and a new generation of LA sports fans to gain the type of commitment you seem to think the Rams deserve deserve just because they came home. I love my Rams, but all is not forgotten around here and they still need to woo the new fans.
That's too bad.... perhaps by the time the Rams "earn" back your loyalty, they'll suck again and there will be another reason not to go to the games.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's kinda interesting to me being a CA native. Sure, there are a lot of options in CA but not having a football team for that long and considering how well we're doing it really shocked and saddened me to see how many packers fans were in our seats. That said, I would say the packers have probably one of the best followings of any football team so it's not like it doesn't happen anywhere else. But what's interesting to me is we had this problem last year but when it came to our playoff game the coliseum was rocking. I just hope this is a one off. I bet when the new stadium is ready it'll be more like Seattle than what we saw yesterday. At least I sure hope so.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What was the total attendance was the question 100k? And if 30% were GB fans, that would be 70k Rams? Hmmm....
It was a little over 75 thousand and from the looks of and the sounds of it was probably 65-35 packers. IdC about that though I was more pissed at the piss poor job of the field

Status
Not open for further replies.