McVay said he was suprised by all the cheering when the packers scored.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
There is no such thing as traveling well if you don't sell your tickets...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's a marketing problem, and ultimately only a marketing solution will solve it. The team is doing its part, so now it's up to the Rams PR team to gin up some more interest via creative marketing. I imagine the new stadium will be pimped hard in the coming months, and the complex will be set up to give people an immersive experience beyond just sitting and watching the game. If people STILL don't come out in droves, then that falls under the "I can only control what I can control" category. As such, I see zero benefit to slamming the citizens of L.A., or other fans of the Rams in general. It won't make them do what they don't wanna do, and it just makes me look shitty. I'm too pretty to look shitty.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Green Bay or LA “who care about the Rams and ONLY the Rams?”
What was the total attendance was the question 100k? And if 30% were GB fans, that would be 70k Rams? Hmmm....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What was the total attendance was the question 100k? And if 30% were GB fans, that would be 70k Rams? Hmmm....
They do not sell that stadium to capacity. There normally about 70k for a sell out, with an extra 10 k for this game. Neither you or I know the fan breakdown...All I know is that Rodgers was orchestrating crowd noise so that Goff and the offense thought they were in Lambeau Field. That is fukking embarrassing. you know it, and I know it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They do not sell that stadium to capacity. There normally about 70k for a sell out, with an extra 10 k for this game. Neither you or I know the fan breakdown...All I know is that Rodgers was orchestrating crowd noise so that Goff and the offense thought they were in Lambeau Field. That is fukking embarrassing. you know it, and I know it.
That stadium was packed. Totally packed.
It holds well over 100k for SC games.
It’s embarrassing that people are using this to discredit the team.
4 major sporting events going on simultaneously including a WS game. Has that ever happened before?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There were more people attending that game yesterday than any other NFL game this weekend I bet.... even the one across the pond.

Know why?

It was the best show in town. The Coliseum was packed with fans from both teams... and there was room for packers bandwagoners because of it's capacity.

I got a message for those cheese farts....

Blow pack, BLOW

Eight and OH

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Oh come off it. It was literally an unprecedented sports day in LA and the Rams happened to be playing the Packers instead of, say, the Tampa Bay Bucs or something. The cheese people were loud at the beginning but guess who was louder? The Rams fans, who were in the majority despite the odd circumstances.

The Rams don't need a huge PR campaign (they're actually doing a pretty effective job on the front -- try to enter an LA-area supermarket during football season and not see Rams stuff), they just need to keep doing exactly what they're doing. The Lakers used to have troubles with Knick fans taking over the Forum back in the day, before Showtime. Now Staples is a no-go zone for opposing fans and Laker fans frequently take over opposing buildings. Just give it time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
it's an embarressment to all involved and the team deserves better.

I'm going to disagree here, first of all there a few fans of teams that travel well and the Packers are one of them and I don't begrudge anyone selling their tickets for profit because all of us would do it. Now some of us would ask us for more, but it's like the old joke when a man approaches a woman and asks if she would sleep with him for a million dollars, she says yes and when he keeps offering lower amonuts and when it gets too low, the woman responds "What type of woman do you think I am?" And the man responds, "We've already established that, now we're just negotiating the price."

Anyway that's one of the few games it happens and because Los Angeles is a great destination fans are going to make the trip. It's just the way it is and it just doesn't happen in LA., it happens in Tampa, Miami and other places where the weather is far superior to where fans are coming from.

Giant fans invade Tampa or South Beach when given the opportunity and Steeler fans do it too. There were plenty of Ram fans in attendance, but again I would not give up my tickets, but if somebody offered me $3000 for both, would I? Absolutely and does not make me any less of a fan IMHO.

Sorry but John Shaw tried this crap when moving the Rams and that's why his choice was Baltimore, but again, I believe in Los Angeles just like I did when they were in St. Louis and I will defend the area that supports my beloved Rams.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If you look at the number of tickets available for resale to all home games at the start of the season, there were a ton. There is a massive resale market for Rams games. The owners don't know they are selling them to Packers fans, and in the case of non-fan resellers, they don't care. They bought the tickets to make money off of them.

As far as the new stadium goes, it will probably be better, but there are still going to be a lot of ticket brokers buying them, and they'll keep selling to opposing fans.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Ever watch any other game where the Packers are the away team? They travel better than any team in the NFL.

Also, didn’t the dodgers play in the World Series Today?
Dodgers.Kings,Rams,Clippers all played within a similar time frame. It wasn't as loud as it would have been in GB. The Ram fanbase is growing and doing so fast. This generation has only had NFL for 3 years (and they have to choices or more if they want to drive a little) give them time. We are overreacting.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Just an FYI, Some of my coworkers went all in on the new stadium 3-8 tix with the 80g license. They are east coasters and they see it as an investment. They go to games and they sell games. It happens in all big markets especially among the opportunistic business minded. Any Ram fan could have bought those same tix and flown out. It just so happens the GB crowd was willing to. Nobody puts their tix for sale and says for GB fans only. It is a bit deeper than that. I promise you the fan base is growing.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I didn't hear any Packer cheering at the end of the game.:yess:

But I heard a lot of cheering for the LA Rams.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm sure there's enough local cheeseheads to fill that Stadium with the crazy huge population we have out here.

Plus you have a lot of Green Bay fans who have always wanted to visit LA with their families because it's just a must see.

This was a huge deal for them to be able to see their Packers play locally and have a chance to knock off a undefeated team as well.

For some of those cheese heads, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

But they still lost.
:D

Name
Hannibal Ram
I remember going to a Packers-Rams preseason game several years ago at the dome in STL. Even though it was only week 1 or 2 of preseason, the damn cheeseheads were everywhere, out numbering Rams fans 2-1. Packers fans are everywhere and face it, this was there Super Bowl. As @Soul Surfer said....I didn't hear and Packer cheering at the end of the game.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
When Rodgers was trying to pump the crowd up I just thought wow, that’s some nerve. But then again, it’s not his fault GB fans showed up in the volume they did. Hopefully the new stadium will rectify this issue. What else can the Rams do at this point to get fans to show up at home?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was at the last Packers at Rams game in St Louis, when Rodgers destroyed us and Kyle Boller was our starting QB.

Some arrogant prick Packers fan was laughing about how the EJD was full of cheeseheads. "Lambeau South, the cheapest seats to a Packers home game are in St Louis bwahaha "

I wanted to punch him in his fucking ear.

After the game, the forums were full of non local fans complaining about how St Louis wasn't supportive enough.

That Packers crowd yesterday was much worse.

Rams are an undefeated play-off team with MVP candidates and SB favorites. I'm not sure the hype can get more real or exciting for this team and if thats not enough I am not sure a SB win will change much.

It needs to get better.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was at the last Packers at Rams game in St Louis, when Rodgers destroyed us and Kyle Boller was our starting QB.

Some arrogant prick Packers fan was laughing about how the EJD was full of cheeseheads. "Lambeau South, the cheapest seats to a Packers home game are in St Louis bwahaha "

I wanted to punch him in his freaking ear.

After the game, the forums were full of non local fans complaining about how St Louis wasn't supportive enough.

That Packers crowd yesterday was much worse.

Rams are an undefeated play-off team with MVP candidates and SB favorites. I'm not sure the hype can get more real or exciting for this team and if thats not enough I am not sure a SB win will change much.

It needs to get better.

Yeah... and as you said a 7-0 superbowl contending team should have a lot more bandwagon jumpers one would think.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure there's enough local cheeseheads to fill that Stadium with the crazy huge population we have out here.

Plus you have a lot of Green Bay fans who have always wanted to visit LA with their families because it's just a must see.

This was a huge deal for them to be able to see their Packers play locally and have a chance to knock off a undefeated team as well.

For some of those cheese heads, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

But they still lost.
:D

right... but the players and coaches deserve a real NFL homefield advantage - aka seattle, minnesota, new orleans,

One of the nfl dudes.. i think it was tony gonzalez said "he had never seen a quarterback on the road telling the crowd to make noise against the home team." Also in a lot more blunt statement (which I'm not saying I agree with) Deion Sanders said "People in LA don't really care about sports."

I believe it will get better, but imagine you are a Rams play and you are watching the opposing teams quarterback orchestrating the crowd to make noise against you. That's a gut punch, especially when you are 7-0.

But hey it's the same reason I like the team better in the LA than the midwest... I'd rather go watch a game in cali..

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah... but a 7-0 superbowl contending team should have a lot more bandwagon jumpers one would think.

Thats exactly what I am saying.
Its one thing when a perpetually bad team with no stars and no hope in a small city struggle to have a homefield advantage against a Packers team whose fans are in driving distance. Totally different situation yesterday.
LA might have had a lot going on, but ffs its a HUUUGE city. Plenty of bodies to fill seats in Southern California.

I understand there are lots of factors at work yesterday and the dedicated Rams fans in LA are as good as any fans anywhere... just need a lot more of them.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Want more fans? How about using your flagship radio station to promote the Rams instead of non-stop talk about Lebron and the Lakers and Dodgers (Dodgers flagship is 570am). Rams won their 8th straight game yesterday and I've had 710am (Rams flagship here in LA) on since 5am (now 7:15) and they haven't given 3 minutes to the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.