Matt Stafford Traded to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a conflation of apples and oranges. The running game sets up play action, which helps the QB. Throws to RBs don’t have that impact.
No, it's an accurate depiction of the RB productivity in Detroit vs the Rams. Just doesnt fit your narrative. Just because you say 2 +2=5 and I say it equals 4 isnt apples to oranges.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
No, it's an accurate depiction of the RB productivity in Detroit vs the Rams. Just doesnt fit your narrative. Just because you say 2 +2=5 and I say it equals 4 isnt apples to oranges.
I made a point about the running game (APPLE). You responded with stats relating to running back productivity, including receiving yards (ORANGE).

My “narrative” is that Stafford will have the support of a better running game in L.A. than he did in Detroit.

Running back receiving yards are irrelevant to my point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I made a point about the running game (APPLE). You responded with stats relating to running back productivity, including receiving yards (ORANGE).

My “narrative” is that Stafford will have the support of a better running game in L.A. than he did in Detroit.

Detroit Head coach was brought up in Patriots organization, APPLE. Patriots offense predicated on RB catching passes out of backfield. APPLE. Patriots have had 1 RB over 1k in last 8-10 years, APPLE. RB productivity is more than just running the ball. APPLE
Total productivity of RB same as Rams. APPLE
Your narrative is flawed, because its a narrative.
The only narrative that matters is McVay's
His narrative is that Stafford is better than Goff, that Stafford will take them to higher level than Goff.
Period, end stop

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Your assuming the coach doesn't go pass nuts with his new toy. Talented QB's tend to have that problem. Coaches get caught up with their QB's apparent talent and the run game suffers...as does the QB. Some QBs still excel when that happens, others like Stafford, can't overcome it.

For instance, I guarantee Goff will have a better run game in Detroit than Stafford had. He has to because they can't put it all on him.

Now let's see if McVay can stay disciplined and not put it all on Stafford here.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Detroit Head coach was brought up in Patriots organization, APPLE. Patriots offense predicated on RB catching passes out of backfield. APPLE. Patriots have had 1 RB over 1k in last 8-10 years, APPLE. RB productivity is more than just running the ball. APPLE
Total productivity of RB same as Rams. APPLE
Your narrative is flawed, because its a narrative.
The only narrative that matters is McVay's
His narrative is that Stafford is better than Goff, that Stafford will take them to higher level than Goff.
Period, end stop
I like bagels with whitefish.

(If we’re going to play the “irrelevant responses” game, let’s really commit.)

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Your assuming the coach doesn't go pass nuts with his new toy. Talented QB's tend to have that problem. Coaches get caught up with their QB's apparent talent and the run game suffers...as does the QB. Some QBs still excel when that happens, others like Stafford, can't overcome it.

For instance, I guarantee Goff will have a better run game in Detroit than Stafford had. He has to because they can't put it all on him.

Now let's see if McVay can stay disciplined and not put it all on Stafford here.

I think McVay will continue to use the running game and play action.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
So, when you are being corrected you find it irrelevant? Interesting.
Corrected? LOL. You’re either (1) incapable of following a stream of logic or (2) deliberately being a dick.

The only hole in my argument was in the bagel.

Now go ahead and give us one more inane retort then stop wasting my time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corrected? LOL. You’re either (1) incapable of following a stream of logic or (2) deliberately being a dick.

The only hole in my argument was in the bagel.

Stop wasting my time.
Understood. You want to make false statements, and not be corrected for them.
Just so you know, that's not how it works.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Me reading this thread
iu

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Me reading this thread
iu

Man, I love goldens. I had one named Granger, and he was the most adorable, kind, and loyal dog a girl could ever have. I still miss him; he was my first real friend.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Just makes things better with Matthew Stafford. Les drama

If Goff ends up doing as well as Bradford, the Lions could draft his replacement by including one of the Rams future first round picks in a trade up, then trade Goff next year when they feel the rookie is ready and get a first round pick in exchange. so it would be like they never lost anything in the trade.

Hopefully for Goff, he plays his best football and continues to land a starting gig.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I honestly don't understand the rift that's been going on here since the trade. Seems pretty black n white to me in terms of what the Rams have done. Arrow UP.
Idk.

I'm staying out of it for the most part, until folks turn into assholes of course.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
TOMORROW IS THE DAY! TOMORROW IS THE DAY MATTHEW STAFFORD OFFICIALLY BECOMES A RAM!

LETS FUCKIN GOOOO!!!!!!!

CHEERS Y'ALL!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just makes things better with Matthew Stafford. Les drama

Well, I wouldn't be out of the QB market in their shoes either. But even if you were, you wouldn't say so. You're going to want that trade leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.