Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Dang, so not another movie until Labor Day time...

And Kang.

Psycho_X

Legend
Nah , had nothing to do with Dreykov

Taskmaster is such a different character , then what we saw in the movie , and I don't mean just his skill set

he's such a self righteous windbag who never shuts up , he could rival Deadpool

but here in the movie , never says a single word , till the very end

here was the MCU chance to have their very own chatter box

such a wasted opportunity

I just don't know why they just didn't use Rachel Weisz as the Iron Maiden

Taskmaster should have been a fun character , and they turned him into a her-bot
Well maybe they'll do something to bring the real Taskmaster into a future project. Maybe if they make a BW2 they can create a story where Dreykov, after being successful with his own daughter, secretly created other "Taskmasters" with Anthony Masters becoming the leader of them after the events of BW1. One could hope at least.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Well maybe they'll do something to bring the real Taskmaster into a future project. Maybe if they make a BW2 they can create a story where Dreykov, after being successful with his own daughter, secretly created other "Taskmasters" with Anthony Masters becoming the leader of them after the events of BW1. One could hope at least.
Well........

there is always the multiverse

maybe they can pluck the real Anthony Masters out of there ,

:zany:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nah , had nothing to do with Dreykov

Taskmaster is such a different character , then what we saw in the movie , and I don't mean just his skill set

he's such a self righteous windbag who never shuts up , he could rival Deadpool

but here in the movie , never says a single word , till the very end

here was the MCU chance to have their very own chatter box

such a wasted opportunity

I just don't know why they just didn't use Rachel Weisz as the Iron Maiden

Taskmaster should have been a fun character , and they turned him into a her-bot

View attachment 46362

See I think fans need to split the MCU and comic series. If you really think about it, Dreykov manipulating his mutilated daughter into this killing machine is pretty diabolical. I get the Taskmaster in the comics is different, and in the games he was the evil trainer.

Just because its different than the comics doesn't mean its bad. But I get it, comic fans want to see their childhood come to life. I like the MCU trying new things, and after studying those changes it really makes them good.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
See I think fans need to split the MCU and comic series. If you really think about it, Dreykov manipulating his mutilated daughter into this killing machine is pretty diabolical. I get the Taskmaster in the comics is different, and in the games he was the evil trainer.

Just because its different than the comics doesn't mean its bad. But I get it, comic fans want to see their childhood come to life. I like the MCU trying new things, and after studying those changes it really makes them good.
changing a character a little bit , I'm fine with

but with Taskmaster , thats a little to much

Marvel has hundreds , even thousands of character , that they could have used

I have no problem with the villain being Dreykov ,daughter but why not just use a character like SnapDragon, who is actually much closer to the movie version , wouldn't have had to change nearly as much with her

I guess my point is , why even use a certain character , if all you're going to do is change everything about the character

Marvel has thousands of characters , just choose one thats closer to what you want

00a9aadacfdeb3b568e67be20b8b28df.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
I saw Black Widow today, I liked it. Not being a huge Marvel guy (I hadn't even see all of the movies until I was bored during lockdown last year) I don't really notice changes to characters or have ideas of what to expect from certain things, which helps me go in with a pretty open mind.

The action was good, the humour was a little less than I personally like, but I liked the running poser joke, and Rachel Weisz can still get it, but everyone knows that. Not really caring a whole lot about the character or what she did between, what I assume is Civil War and Infinity War and the fact I was seeing at 10:30 AM showing in 3D, I found myself getting a little tired towards the middle of the movie, but I think that was more about tired eyes than anything else. Probably should have gone to a slightly later 2D showing, but there was only two other people in this theatre with me (we were all just losers watching alone, but recliner seats and the entire rows to ourselves made it nicer) which is why I went for it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched Black Widow tonight. My GF loved it. I thought it was ok. The changes to Taskmaster sucked IMO. Funny actors with David Harbour & Florence Pugh helped the movie along. The story was ok, well way better than WW 1984 IMO.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I’m waiting to see Black Widow in the theatre this Friday … but just watched the final episode of Loki … what a finish. Awesome.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I tried to like Loki but it just didn't happen for me. I thought the finale was super boring and created more questions than answers.

TK42-RAM

I tried to like Loki but it just didn't happen for me. I thought the finale was super boring and created more questions than answers.

Fair enough. I suppose I may have enjoyed it more as I read all the comics back in the day so it resonated with me -- Kang is a great character and I thought Jonathan Majors performance was very good. Look forward to seeing him in the upcoming movies.

This Loki series was my fave of the three so far.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I miss the LOKI , who was simply

just a dick

anybody ever read Walter Simonson's run on Thor , from the 80's

I never read a lot of Thor when I was a kid , but Walter Simonson's run on Thor , was one of the best

1075315.jpg

TK42-RAM

I miss the LOKI , who was simply

just a dick

anybody ever read Walter Simonson's run on Thor , from the 80's

I never read a lot of Thor when I was a kid , but Walter Simonson's run on Thor , was one of the best

1075315.jpg

.. read the lot , fantastic series. Sal Buscema's art just suited it perfectly.

TK42-RAM

Have watched Black Widow twice - and it was better on second viewing.

I enjoyed David Harbour's performance as the Red Guardian --

David-Harbour-as-Alexei-Shostakov-Red-Guardian-in-Black-Widow-2020-the-avengers-43128936-540-265.gif

Not sure I am heavily invested in the Thunderbolts (est. 1997) as I am in some of the older characters, as I dropped out of reading comics by then. So the after movie scene was a bit -- oh hey there's Elaine!

Psycho_X

Legend
Have watched Black Widow twice - and it was better on second viewing.

I enjoyed David Harbour's performance as the Red Guardian --

David-Harbour-as-Alexei-Shostakov-Red-Guardian-in-Black-Widow-2020-the-avengers-43128936-540-265.gif

Not sure I am heavily invested in the Thunderbolts (est. 1997) as I am in some of the older characters, as I dropped out of reading comics by then. So the after movie scene was a bit -- oh hey there's Elaine!
Same here, watched again this weekend and liked it better. My wife doesn't know David Harbour and she didn't even realize it was the same guy from beginning until they broke him out and went back to their "mother" so she enjoyed it a lot more the second time around as well. Also, found out young Natasha is played by Mila Jovovich's daughter before watching it again and now I can't believe I didn't realize it the first time cause she is a spitting image, doppelganger of her mother.