Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Looks like THOR was ripped right out the 1980's

even the movies logo is right out the 80's

61yd13GJvaL.jpg

315fb415f36becede77e3327b0031f3e.jpg

thor1.jpg

thor-love-thunder.jpg

heman.jpg

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Jane Foster Thor are straight from the comic series. Which was very successful. Jane Thor might also be a variant b/c the multiverse is very much a thing now. Jane's Mjolnir doesn't look like Earth 616 Mjolnir. It almost looks like the Casket of Ancient Winters that's been broken and glued together. That's why it didn't go to Chris Hemsworth Thor. Maybe, just my interpretation.

This is Thor's movie to redeem himself. Him being fat was a metaphor of all his losses throughout the MCU despite being the God of Thunder. He lost his mom, dad, brother, Heimdall, and half his people BEFORE Thanos. In Endgame he's a mess and even begs to wear the gauntlet to bring everyone back "just let me do something good, something meaningful" was his line. But he wasn't fit to do so. It wasn't for hahas. His story is actually kinda sad if you think about it.

Both can be true. Odin blessed Mjolnir...whoever holds this hammer, shall he be worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

Millions disagree.
I read the comics and didnt care for the Jane Thor arc…at all.

I’m not debating the name / title issue other than it’s a huge fucking retcon and don’t care for it.

Jason Aaron fucked up the character IMO.

The writers in Endgame made him fat to humanize him…except he’s not human. Stupid characterization to “make him relatable”. IMO.

I’m well aware that many disagree and I really dgas.

Thor’s probably my favorite Marvel comics character…the MCU, not so much. May not see it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I read the comics and didnt care for the Jane Thor arc…at all.

I’m not debating the name / title issue other than it’s a huge fucking retcon and don’t care for it.

Jason Aaron fucked up the character IMO.

The writers in Endgame made him fat to humanize him…except he’s not human. Stupid characterization to “make him relatable”. IMO.

I’m well aware that many disagree and I really dgas.

Thor’s probably my favorite Marvel comics character…the MCU, not so much. May not see it.

Yeah this is for sure a "you" issue.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just got back from Dr strange. Boy was I disappointed. I loved the original Dr strange. This one just didn't do it for me. I feel the current MCU formula is just so tired. The cheesey one liners, the similar story arcs for main heros etc. It just feels soooo corporate.
Not to mention the heros and villains powers always seem to vary in every damn movie. In one movie Dr strange seems like a master of his powers, in this movie it seemed like he could barely get out of his own way.
I won't even mention how I feel about his hair and makeup. Lol
I am not happy to hear this. I am not a huge fan of the whole multi-verse concept, but I really like the Doctor Strange chatacter. My son has been asking to go see it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I am not happy to hear this. I am not a huge fan of the whole multi-verse concept, but I really like the Doctor Strange chatacter. My son has been asking to go see it.
I mean it wasn't terrible by any means. Just a disappointment to his follow-up film. I had higher expectations. My main concern w these movies is how they are essentially a copy and paste of the movie before it. Marvel is def riding this wave until it crashes.
I'd def go and take your son to see it. He'll probably still enjoy it.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Finally went to see Dr Strange - and I found it enjoyable , I liked the illuminati concept - as I thought that was cool in the comics - and thought the actor cast as Reed Richards was very good.

I don't mind the whole Multiverse thing -- and the fanboy in me would love to see a Defenders movie with the characters from the late seventies early eighties comics -- not sure how it would do at the box office though! :laugh2:

Defenders100.jpg

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Looks like THOR was ripped right out the 1980's

even the movies logo is right out the 80's

61yd13GJvaL.jpg

Didn't Thor wear that suit as he was cursed by Hela - a curse that meant his bones were brittle and he wore the suit as protection against this. I thought that was one of the coolest Thor's ever - coincided with Avengers best run imo - late 200's.

large-1213939.jpg

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Didn't Thor wear that suit as he was cursed by Hela - a curse that meant his bones were brittle and he wore the suit as protection against this. I thought that was one of the coolest Thor's ever - coincided with Avengers best run imo - late 200's.

large-1213939.jpg
Yes

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Dr. Strange needed more multiverse.

It wasn't the movie I was expecting. Still trying to process it. Right now it's a 6.5/10.
My wife really like it, I was kinda, "Meh."

So we're supposed to really believe that Dr. Strange is ultimately a bad guy, no matter what?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Jane Foster Thor are straight from the comic series. Which was very successful. Jane Thor might also be a variant b/c the multiverse is very much a thing now. Jane's Mjolnir doesn't look like Earth 616 Mjolnir. It almost looks like the Casket of Ancient Winters that's been broken and glued together. That's why it didn't go to Chris Hemsworth Thor. Maybe, just my interpretation.

This is Thor's movie to redeem himself. Him being fat was a metaphor of all his losses throughout the MCU despite being the God of Thunder. He lost his mom, dad, brother, Heimdall, and half his people BEFORE Thanos. In Endgame he's a mess and even begs to wear the gauntlet to bring everyone back "just let me do something good, something meaningful" was his line. But he wasn't fit to do so. It wasn't for hahas. His story is actually kinda sad if you think about it.

Both can be true. Odin blessed Mjolnir...whoever holds this hammer, shall he be worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

Millions disagree.
But Fat Thor is the best Thor.

As-Guardians of the Galaxy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Am I the only one who finds the current portrayal of Thor (Ragnarok, Endgame, Love and Thunder by the look of the trailer s) to be way too “jokey”? I don’t mind some humor, but I think they’ve gone over the top. Anyone else feeling this way?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Am I the only one who finds the current portrayal of Thor (Ragnarok, Endgame, Love and Thunder by the look of the trailer s) to be way too “jokey”? I don’t mind some humor, but I think they’ve gone over the top. Anyone else feeling this way?
No, you’re not the only one.

Yes, IMO it’s over the top.

Been reading Thor since I could read. A long, long, long time ago.

I‘m a classic Thor fan. Modern Thor portrayals, not so much.

The trailers are cringey. IMO.

YMMV