Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At the risk of navigating this thread into a territory that is frowned upon, it does seem that the Disney/MCU makes a point of celebrating certain cultural/ethnic/racial backstories while downplaying others.

WandaVision

Falcon and Winter Solider

Loki

Hawkeye

Spiderman

Which one of those comes close in that department? You can make an argument for Falcon, but that show was based on the long established history of the Falcon and the Super Solider program. And it was really good.

Kamala Khan has been around since 2013. Problem is, so many people screaming about representation on social, whenever a non-white character is shown, everyone assumes that's the reason why. When it really should be about the actor and his/her ability to make their character shine.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
WandaVision

Falcon and Winter Solider

Loki

Hawkeye

Spiderman

Which one of those comes close in that department? You can make an argument for Falcon, but that show was based on the long established history of the Falcon and the Super Solider program. And it was really good.

Kamala Khan has been around since 2013. Problem is, so many people screaming about representation on social, whenever a non-white character is shown, everyone assumes that's the reason why. When it really should be about the actor and his/her ability to make their character shine.
Scarlett Witch - Jewish heritage erased
Moon Knight - Jewish heritage erased

Angry Ram

Scarlett Witch - Jewish heritage erased
Moon Knight - Jewish heritage erased

Marvel for decades has diverse heroes. Just because some adaptations didn't translate to the MCU doesn't mean one is favored over another. I don't buy that.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Marvel for decades has diverse heroes. Just because some adaptations didn't translate to the MCU doesn't mean one is favored over another. I don't buy that.
You don't have to buy it if you don't want, but the fact remains, the only character who has been portrayed as Jewish in the movies was Magneto (which, of course, was not part of the MCU). Moon Knight, Scarlett Witch, Jubilee, Ben Grimm... all ignored in the film versions.

We'll call it "selective diversity."

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the risk of navigating this thread into a territory that is frowned upon, it does seem that the Disney/MCU makes a point of celebrating certain cultural/ethnic/racial backstories while downplaying others.
Oh they do. It’s about the Woke & the mighty dollar.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
wasn't sure how they were going to handle Moon Knight , I remember there was a lot of chatter when the didn't hire a Jewish actor

Oscar Isaac being Latino , but I thought could still play a Jewish character , but in todays age that might even be worse

so I'm not sure how they will handle Marc Spector's background , will they change his background to Latino , or simply just ignore that part

Tenoch Huerta a Mexican actor will be playing Namor in the new upcoming Black Panther movie , haven't see any pictures of him yet , but the word on the street , he look pretty awesome as Namor

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
should mention while I'm here

for those who have Disney Plus , and haven't heard .............

starting tomorrow , or the next time you log into Disney Plus, you'll have to set Parental Guidelines to all your Disney Plus Profiles

because starting tomorrow Disney Plus will bring over all the old Marvel Netflix shows like Daredevil and Punisher , ect , along with Agents of Shield

so starting tomorrow Disney Plus will start showing Adult context , with more to come I'm sure

Angry Ram

You don't have to buy it if you don't want, but the fact remains, the only character who has been portrayed as Jewish in the movies was Magneto (which, of course, was not part of the MCU). Moon Knight, Scarlett Witch, Jubilee, Ben Grimm... all ignored in the film versions.

We'll call it "selective diversity."

Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Avengers, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and the tv shows.

Which one of these character franchises has portrayed religion? The answer is none. None have been in the MCU until this point. The closest it's been is Captain America's one liner in Avengers "there's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that". Which is really more of a reflection of his character and his time growing up in the early 1900s.

You took a brief second shown of prayer in Ms. Marvel, without knowing how much religion will be shown in the series, and used it to generalize the whole of the MCU/Disney favoring one over the other. It just doesn't add up.

Oh they do. It’s about the Woke & the mighty dollar.

Yeah!

maxresdefault.jpg

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Avengers, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and the tv shows.

Which one of these character franchises has portrayed religion? The answer is none. None have been in the MCU until this point. The closest it's been is Captain America's one liner in Avengers "there's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that". Which is really more of a reflection of his character and his time growing up in the early 1900s.

You took a brief second shown of prayer in Ms. Marvel, without knowing how much religion will be shown in the series, and used it to generalize the whole of the MCU/Disney favoring one over the other. It just doesn't add up.

Yeah!

maxresdefault.jpg
Nice try, but there is a marked difference between the way they treat different heritages. They don’t need to feature every backstory, but the erasing of certain origins is noteworthy.

Angry Ram

Nice try, but there is a marked difference between the way they treat different heritages. They don’t need to feature every backstory, but the erasing of certain origins is noteworthy.

I'm not trying anything dude.

What you perceive for one character's religion in the comic books doesn't cover the whole of the MCU. I listed out every franchise and not one involves religion, which you just brushed aside.

To put a blanket statement over MCU and Disney because of one series to show a character's religion (which again we don't know how much will be shown), especially b/c in the world of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, etc had none of that. So its not trying when what you are saying doesn't even exist in the MCU.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'm not trying anything dude.

What you perceive for one character's religion in the comic books doesn't cover the whole of the MCU. I listed out every franchise and not one involves religion, which you just brushed aside.

To put a blanket statement over MCU and Disney because of one series to show a character's religion (which again we don't know how much will be shown), especially b/c in the world of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, etc had none of that. So its not trying when what you are saying doesn't even exist in the MCU.
You keep trying to put words in my mouth. My point is simple, and undeniable. There have been several characters who, in the comics, are Jewish but, on film, are not (not simply ignoring their background - actually rewriting the characters as non-Jewish, ie Wanda, Moon Knight). That is noteworthy, given their celebration of other heritages.

I don’t want this topic to further stray, so I’ll leave it at that.

Angry Ram

You keep trying to put words in my mouth. My point is simple, and undeniable. There have been several characters who, in the comics, are Jewish but, on film, are not (not simply ignoring their background - actually rewriting the characters as non-Jewish, ie Wanda, Moon Knight). That is noteworthy, given their celebration of other heritages.

I don’t want this topic to further stray, so I’ll leave it at that.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. Bro, you came in and said that one religion and heritage is supposedly being celebrated over another and used Scarlet Witch and Moon Knight as example. When the reality is that not a single previous MCU movie or tv show has celebrated any one in particular. Seriously, name one that has been celebrated over another. We don't even know what Moon Knight will be about there.

After 14 years of MCU, a brief few seconds of the Ms. Marvel trailer shows another belief and all of a sudden Disney and MCU is favoring certain cultures. So yeah, I am denying your point. Because your perception isn't reality in this regard. It's how you are viewing this subject.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sydney Sweeney to Star Opposite Dakota Johnson in Madame Web

no word on who'll she'll play most guesses is she'll play Spider-Gwen , or Ghost Spider Gwen Stacy

but this is a SONY thing , along with Morbius and Kravin the Hunter , so who knows what the hell SONY is doing

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Following up on previous discussion: there is now an indication that Moon Knight will acknowledge the title character’s Jewish heritage. Not sure if this is a result of a reshoot due to backlash or not (seems like it might be) but, either way, I’m glad they are staying true(r) to the origin story.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Finally ..............

NOVA is coming to the MCU

this is a character I've been waiting for , for a long time

Richard Rider , aka NOVA ,

not sure yet if it's going to be a Movie or a Disney Plus series................or both

going to be written by Sabir Pirzada , the writer of the upcoming Moon Knight will be taking on NOVA next

https://deadline.com/2022/03/marvel-nova-moon-knight-sabir-pirzada-1234985015/

nova-800x445-1.jpg

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Just saw the first episode of Moon Knight ! Loved it. Really cool. Isaacs is sensational. Fantastic set up.