Marvel's Phase 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dafoe is 66 years old. I like the idea of bringing back the original actors but Gobby wasn’t that old in the comics was he?
they never really give ages in comic books

but.........

I always assumed , that Peter Parker meets Harry Osborn in college , which would make them the same age , say around 19 or

so I just always figured Norman would be around 45-50

it's going to be great to see William Dafoe

but yeah , that does bring up alot of questions

as far as Norman Osborn long term in the MCU

tons of leaks and rumors for the upcoming Spider-man film , one rumor I had heard a while back , but not much lately , was that there will be two Green Goblins in the film , one probably William Dafoe from the Tobey Maguire films , but we haven't meet Norman Osborn from the MCU/ Tom Holland films yet

and there's still Harry and Norman Osborn's from the Andrew Garfield , although I haven't heard anything about them , but who knows , because we do know Lizard and Electro from the Andrew Garfield will show up

we do know that Kevin Feige has been trying to get Norman Osborn into the MCU for years now

and the on going battle between Marvel and SONY over the film rights for Spider-man is legendary , but those film rights go way beyond just the character of Spider-man , but all his side characters as well , and I believe the film rights to Norman Osborn is right up there with the rights to Spider-man himself

Kevin Feige REALLY wants to be able to use Norman Osborn

things are going to get crazy with the upcoming Spider-man film as well as Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

it's still unclear what roll Tom Holland will have in the MCU after that as Tom Hollands contract is up

despite all the rumors , I assume Marvel and SONY will get something worked out

there has been rumors for a while now , that Norman Osborn will play a large part in the MCU going forward

but who knows , Marvels and SONY's on again , of again relationship will determine

as much as I like William Dafoe , but if , and this is a BIG if , but if Norman Osborn has any future going forward either in the MCU , or just SONY , I hope the bring in someone younger , who can play the roll long term

and , to really confuse things ...............

if you have watched the new Morbius trailer , we see the Oscorps tower , which is a different version still , not seen in any of the Spider-man films , but it does have the same logo as the Andrew Garfield films

The Morbius trailer is really confusing , we get references to Venom , we see a wanted poster of Tobey Maguire's Spider-man , along with a copy of the printed Daily Bugle , also from Tobey Maguire's Spider-man, we see Michael Keaton / Vulture from the Tom Holland films , we see a totally new Oscorp tower but with the Andrew Garfield's Spider-man Oscorp logo

and I have no idea whats going on in that film , but it comes out only a few weeks after Spider-man No Way Home , so it should be interesting

which brings us back , what version of Norman Osborn will be standing when all this is done , I have no clue , and probably won't know till after Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness come out

Norman Osborn has always been one of my favorite characters , so I'm waiting nervously to see what happens,

oscorps.JPG

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
something else to think about when it comes to Norman Osborn

if he does join the MCU

and its still a big if

there has been rumors for a while now that a new Dark Avengers film is in development , and who is the leader of the Dark Avengers , but none other then Norman Osborn , so his involvement in the MCU could go well past just the Green Goblin

which brings us to the question , who is Valentina Allegra ( Julia Louis-Dreyfus ) Don't call me Val , really working for , and why is she recruiting John Walker ( US Agent ) and sending Yelena Belova ( Black Widow ) after Clint Barton ( Hawkeye )

to kill Hawkeye ,? I don't think so , but to recruit him , as Hawkeye was also a member of the Dark Avengers

whats Val up to ? , is she working for Norman Osborn ?

rumors and fan theories are running amuck

DA.jpg

dark+avengers.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I finally watched Shang-Chi last night. 6.5/10. I'm gonna have to watch it again for a better opinion. I did like how they made fun of the Mandarin. They were scared of an orange lol.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I finally watched Shang-Chi last night. 6.5/10. I'm gonna have to watch it again for a better opinion. I did like how they made fun of the Mandarin. They were scared of an orange lol.
I watched it again yesterday for the second time

I actually even liked it better

even though I liked it first time

I think the first time I gave it a 7.5/10

I think I'll bump that up to a 8.5/10

thought it was one of the better MCU origin story films

of the four Marvel films that have come so far this year , I thought Shang chi was the best

kinda cool that Disney Plus has bumped alot of the MCU films to IMAX format

I didn't know anything about Awkwafina before the film , but thought she did a awesome job and was a lot of fun , looking forward to seeing more of her going forward

also glad they brought Ben Kingsley back , he was awesome as well, , the monkeys were just acting like they were riding horses

there is also rumors that the end credit scene with Shang Chi's sister is a set up for a new Disney Plus show

but , when it comes to MCU rumors . you can pick and choose which ones you wanna believe , :cool:

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
got a little Spider-man , No Way Home trailer update

Tuesday the 16th , SONY is having a Trailer Launch Fan event with BIG surprises

their going to show the new trailer to a few lucky fans who get in at 5:00 PM west coast time

I have no idea when , or if , the new trailer will show up online afterwards , or what the BIG surprises are

bt7sucnr9ez71.jpg

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a small related observation from a previous post….

Hasn’t William DaFoe looked 66 for the past 40 years?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
In a small related observation from a previous post….

Hasn’t William DaFoe looked 66 for the past 40 years?
LOL , no joke , he looks the same now as he did 35 years ago in Platoon

H21130-L142815206.jpg

speaking of Willem Dafoe , has anyone watched Togo on Disney Plus ?

alot of good dog movies out , but Togo is probably my favorite

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMfyueM-ZBQ

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
There still not revealing the sixth member

FEXBWNaUcAEYDe6

FEXBokfVcAEvU_l

FEXBvJWVcAAToUQ

FEXB9o4VUAUj3QP

Angry Ram

New Spider looks awesome. Just awesome.

6th member?

Scorpion? He was in the end of Homecoming in prison w/ Vulture.

Mysterio? Isn't technically dead. Could be him.

Someone completely out of left field like Kraven the Hunter?

Hob Goblin???

1637128002197.png

Personal choice? I want the real Rhino. Not some escaped convict in a robot rhino suit.

Nice Captain America monument. I approve. ...and its destroyed. Damn.

Psycho_X

Legend
There still not revealing the sixth member

FEXBWNaUcAEYDe6

FEXBokfVcAEvU_l

FEXBvJWVcAAToUQ

FEXB9o4VUAUj3QP
It's got to be Venom. No other reason to keep it secret imo. Vulture and Mysterio are established already but they are both of this spideyverse world so they don't fit with this theme. All the villains are other Spideyverse villains. Plus, the whole kind of hint in Venom 2 about something happening at the end that seems to alter his multiverse leads me to believe it has to be him. A great way to insert him into the spideyverse finally.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm hoping it's not Venom , Venom has never been a member of the Sinister Six

besides , Venom is a good guy now , :woozy:

Maybe Kraven ,

Kraven is getting his own movie with Aaron Taylor-Johnson

what a better way to get people excited for a character / movie that most people have probably never heard of then put him in a Spider-man movie first , but I'm not sure how that would actually work , because of what we've seen . all the villain's so far have a past with Spider-man , were Kraven doesn't ,

so we'll see , at least introduce Kraven in a End Credit scene , to set up his new movie

I have no idea who it will be , I have way to many guesses , :sunglasses:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
first two episodes of Hawkeye

not really a review , just just initial thoughts

when it comes to comic books , I always preferred the street level characters , as apposed to the overly powerful outerspace stuff

of the first four Disney Plus shows , Hawkeye was actually the one I was looking forward to the most

and................

I really liked it !!!

now the first two shows are a little lite on action , so I can see if people are looking for over the top comic book CGI action might be a little underwhelmed

although there is some action

but mostly it's new character introductions and plot set ups

the MCU is expanding , just in the first two episodes , we're introduced to four new characters

we get..

Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop

Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop ( Kates mother )

Tony Dalton as Jack Duquesne ( Kates soon to be stepfather )

Alaqua Cox as Echo ( The adoptive daughter of the Kingpin )

the first two episodes may be lite on action , but they are thick in mystery

Kate Bishop obviously is good

but the other three , Eleanor Bishop and Jack Duquesne come across as , well ..............

not without suspicion

Eleanor Bishop and Jack Duquesne come across as a couple , but I wonder if they each have their own secret agenda , they both come across as less then trustworthy

Jack Duquesne / Swordsman has been both a adversary and ally of Hawkeye over the years , he has also fought against the Avengers , and has also been a member of the Avengers over the years

and that seems to be what this show is all about , so far , mystery , and it's done a good job at it

all these new characters ...............

are they , or aren't they

same with Echo , we only see her at the very end of episode 2 , another character kinda in that grey area

but will be pretty important going forward , because we already know she's getting her own spinoff show

adoptive daughter of Kingpin , on again off again love interest of Daredevil , who we know will be showing up in other shows

rumor has it , Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin and Charlie Cox as Daredevil , could both make an appearance in Hawkeye , but those are just rumors , and take them for what their worn , if they don't show up here , they will at some point , and I'm sure this show will set that up

I love the way these Disney Plus shows take their time in introducing new characters , in just the first two episodes we've learned more about Eleanor Bishop and Jack Duquesne then we ever would have if they just stuck them into some movie

anyways , I really liked the first two episodes , lite on action , heavy on the mystery

so if you like a good mystery.................

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5RgI2GeKk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARTkBumRXb4

Q729

Legend
Aside from Hawkeye and direct reference to the MCU, it pretty much has that street vibe of the Netflix shows. Pretty good so far. Too bad it's going to be a short ride. But then we get Spidey in the middle of the run and then take a detour for a little bit with Boba Fett...

Angry Ram

Scrolled all the way to the bottom to avoid Hawkeye spoilers. Watched Eternals yesterday. IMO there was WAY too much forced "diversity acceptance." Focus on the characters and stories, not their race, disability, or sexual orientation. That's enough I'll say about that.

As far as the story itself goes, it felt like a weaker version of Infinity War/Endgame. Lot of setup, and hopefully they develop the Eternals heroes and Arishem more too over the next couple years. Maybe in Guardians 3.

Why did Kingo just leave before the main fight only to join right back after? Felt like he could've been the team's heavy after Gil's death and Ikaris' betrayal.

Also, there was a guy in the theater legit SNORING like as soon as the movie started. God that was annoying. I don't miss theaters lol. Like w/ Shang, I'll have to give this another go when its on Disney+. I do like how the Phase 4 is going in a completely new direction w/ the multiverse and un-earthly powers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Scrolled all the way to the bottom to avoid Hawkeye spoilers. Watched Eternals yesterday. IMO there was WAY too much forced "diversity acceptance." Focus on the characters and stories, not their race, disability, or sexual orientation. That's enough I'll say about that.

As far as the story itself goes, it felt like a weaker version of Infinity War/Endgame. Lot of setup, and hopefully they develop the Eternals heroes and Arishem more too over the next couple years. Maybe in Guardians 3.

Why did Kingo just leave before the main fight only to join right back after? Felt like he could've been the team's heavy after Gil's death and Ikaris' betrayal.

Also, there was a guy in the theater legit SNORING like as soon as the movie started. God that was annoying. I don't miss theaters lol. Like w/ Shang, I'll have to give this another go when its on Disney+. I do like how the Phase 4 is going in a completely new direction w/ the multiverse and un-earthly powers.

Interesting, I saw it yesterday as well and didn't get the sense that anything was forced at all, it seemed pretty normal for me. I do agree that the setup wasn't necessarily worth the payoff though, the betrayal was disappointing and it was sort of an underwhelming ending for the character. Part of that was because I found myself wanting to like him because of how much I liked Sersi, but struggling to like him more than most of the others. Gilgamesh, Makkari, Kingo (hell even his assistant), Phastos and Sprite I all liked more. I liked Thena by the end but I struggled until the final act.

I did get a chuckle over the accents though, lads coming down from space to the earliest days of humanity with Irish, Scottish and British accents.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Phase 4 is kinda off to a lack lust start

Black Widow was OK , but it will always be referred as the movie that ruined Taskmaster

Shang-Chi was alot of fun , even liked it better the second time

The Eternals was OK , but probably forgettable

Angry Ram

Interesting, I saw it yesterday as well and didn't get the sense that anything was forced at all, it seemed pretty normal for me.

They didn't blatantly say anything, but the way it was presented made it seem that way. We get it. I want to watch superheroes and the consequences of their actions.

I do agree that the setup wasn't necessarily worth the payoff though, the betrayal was disappointing and it was sort of an underwhelming ending for the character. Part of that was because I found myself wanting to like him because of how much I liked Sersi, but struggling to like him more than most of the others. Gilgamesh, Makkari, Kingo (hell even his assistant), Phastos and Sprite I all liked more. I liked Thena by the end but I struggled until the final act.

I did get a chuckle over the accents though, lads coming down from space to the earliest days of humanity with Irish, Scottish and British accents.

Karun was the best part lol. "This does suck sir!" HA.

It had moments, especially during all the time jumps and the final "battle" was cool. Then you also had Kumail's weird American/Indian accent going on too. Like I said, I'll give a second go for sure. It'll be nice where a guy isn't snoring his ass off. Hopefully with the intro of celestials into the MCU, which makes them a bigger threat than Thanos, Phase 4 will ultimately be just as good as 1 and 3.