Marc Bulger on injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Actually, the river incurred tsunami like effects. Running backward is far from accurate and really actually impossible for the largest river in North America. I have no doubt there were areas of back eddies caused by the banks crumbling but... And also, I suggest the USGS is a little more reliable source. They place the New Madrid quakes at #18 - 20 with a magnitude 7.5 - 7.7. I'll agree though - if another one hits that area and it reaches its potential of apparently another 7.5 - 7.7, the damages could be catastrophic. Though the mighty Mississippi will still run toward the sea - wherever that coast line ends up. :sly:

BTW... I can see the eyes of the members of this board glazing over as I type this. :bign:
It's not a jelly donut if it has lemon filling.

Right.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
News Bulletin - Worlds Largest Lemon JELLY Filled Donut Makes Huge Splash in Mighty Mississippi

Attachments

• LemonJellyFilledMississippi.jpg
    LemonJellyFilledMississippi.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 202

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
News Bulletin - Worlds Largest Lemon JELLY Filled Donut Makes Huge Splash in Mighty Mississippi

ie. joke image in support of denial quip

http://www.livescience.com

http://www.livescience.com/4438-source-major-quakes-discovered-beneath-heartland.html

Source of Major Quakes Discovered Beneath U.S. Heartland

Robin Lloyd
10 January 2008

Scientists have finally figured out what might have caused a series of devastating earthquakes that struck the Midwest nearly 200 years ago at a set of faults that has confused geologists for a long time.

And the results suggest the region, still seismically active today, is going to keep shaking for a long time, and another big one will hit on the same 500-year cycle that has rocked the Heartland for as far back as records, legends and memory serve.

The largest of three or four big seismic events that stretched from December 1811 to February 1812 is called the New Madrid Earthquake and had an estimated 8.8 magnitude, strong enough to cause the nearby Mississippi River to temporarily flow backward. Its epicenter was in the town of New Madrid in southeast Missouri, near the Kentucky and Tennessee state lines. Hundreds of aftershocks followed for several years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After reading this thread, I think I got a concussion.

My eyes are glazed over, and I can't seem to concentrate on the content.

It's May, right? May 9th?

Yellow.

Anonymous

X said:

Yellow.

You're just jealous cause you were never in an earthquake.

Anonymous

WestsideRamsfan said:
Never understood the hate for Bulger. Dude was a pro-bowl player when he had a decent line. Blame Martz.

I blame injuries.

The long, long, LONG line of OL injuries from 2007 through 2009.

In 2010, the Rams had a healthy line for the first time in years. The results don't surprise me.

d-day07.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:

Yellow.

True. But I was in 6 hurricanes.

Those were fun.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
zn said:
X said:

Yellow.

Those were fun.

Hah. I was outside in an enormous thunderstorm with hail the size of my fist and multiple F-2 tornadoes nearby, huddling under my apartment staircase. That, my good sir, scared me more than any hurricane or earthquake ever could.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
X said:
zn said:
X said:

Yellow.

Those were fun.

Hah. I was outside in an enormous thunderstorm with hail the size of my fist and multiple F-2 tornadoes nearby, huddling under my apartment staircase. That, my good sir, scared me more than any hurricane or earthquake ever could.
I'll bet. Tornadoes don't sound like much fun either. The 6 I suffered through weren't real bad. The worst I got were trees knocked over and a shattered real glass door. Before I met my wife, she went through a hurricane that ripped the roof off her house while she was in it. Hurricane Andrew. That one devastated the community she lived in, but didn't do much but make a lot of noise 60 miles up the coast where I was.

Oh. And I don't remember the name of this one (Selassie might), but there was a hurricane that landed on the west coast (of Florida), hit the neighborhood I was in on the east coast, went out to see, did a U-turn, and then hit my neighborhood again in a matter of hours. That. was. ridiculous.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
I'll bet. Tornadoes don't sound like much fun either. The 6 I suffered through weren't real bad. The worst I got were trees knocked over and a shattered real glass door. Before I met my wife, she went through a hurricane that ripped the roof off her house while she was in it. Hurricane Andrew. That one devastated the community she lived in, but didn't do much but make a lot of noise 60 miles up the coast where I was.

Oh. And I don't remember the name of this one (Selassie might), but there was a hurricane that landed on the west coast (of Florida), hit the neighborhood I was in on the east coast, went out to see, did a U-turn, and then hit my neighborhood again in a matter of hours. That. was. ridiculous.

Oh, man. It's very rare that hurricanes do U-turns like that. And Andrew - along with Hugo, Camille, and Katrina - was a total arsehole.

F-2 tornadoes are the worst I've seen in person. I did see some pictures of the immediate aftermath after that F-5 tornado destroyed half of Joplin. The city looked like it had been bombed. Really, any type of major disaster is frightening to think about, but when it actually happens...

Anonymous

X said:
Memento said:
X said:
zn said:
X said:

Yellow.

Those were fun.

This is my disaster tour of north america.

Grew up in Manitoba and lived in Chicago. Blizzards. Including the record blizzard of 1978. That was a bad one, the 78. Nature can be impressive.

Lived in the midwest. Tornadoes. Never in one's path though. One did take out an oak in the back yard but we lived on a few acres so it was a big back yard.

Lived in california. SEVERAL earthquakes. All minor. Never was in one of the big ones.

Lived in Louisiana. A hurricane. That had minor flood issues where I lived. Plus, thunderstorms anyone else in the country would mistake for hurricanes. :cool: Florida must have the same thing--thunderstorms so thick you can't see the front yard from the window.

Maine. A blizzard, and the the 98 ice storm (an ice storm is one thing, a 2 week one is another). That was the closest I ever was to real disaster. The entire state lost power for a few weeks. If you've never been in an ice storm they're crazy. The pictures don't do them justice cause unlike the pictures, the ruin is 360 degrees around you stretching for miles.

icestorm.gif

bad-ice-storm-tree-damage-by-Paul-L-McCord-Jr.jpg

icestorm23gm.jpg

33981.JPG

ice6.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
Maine. A blizzard, and the the 98 ice storm (an ice storm is one thing, a 2 week one is another). That was the closest I ever was to real disaster. The entire state lost power for a few weeks. If you've never been in an ice storm they're crazy. The pictures don't do them justice cause unlike the pictures, the ruin is 360 degrees around you stretching for miles.
We were out of power for a couple weeks too. We were actually the LAST neighborhood to get their power restored after the last hurricane, and I was <--> this close to becoming a serial killer. I have to wonder what's worse. Being without power while it's 98 degrees with 100% humidity, or being without power while it's near zero temperatures. I mean, we couldn't do anything to get cooled off, and it was becoming maddening. Our generator ran out of gas and of course there WAS no gas to refill it for hundreds of miles. Ugh. That was the worst 2 weeks of my life.

Anonymous

X said:
zn said:
We were out of power for a couple weeks too. We were actually the LAST neighborhood to get their power restored after the last hurricane, and I was <--> this close to becoming a serial killer. I have to wonder what's worse. Being without power while it's 98 degrees with 100% humidity, or being without power while it's near zero temperatures. I mean, we couldn't do anything to get cooled off, and it was becoming maddening. Our generator ran out of gas and of course there WAS no gas to refill it for hundreds of miles. Ugh. That was the worst 2 weeks of my life.

Well I want to emphasize that I wasn't in disaster, you were. I said it was the closest but it never was like a hurricane wrecked town.

And there was something else about being in the ice storm. It never felt dangerous cause you just didn't do the dangerous things. Walking, driving....

what it DID feel like was spooky. Uncanny. Just otherworldly strange.

I have wood stoves. Cold was never an issue.

But being outside with EVERY tree bent to the ground...for miles? It was very sci-fi.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I waited through a tornado in a bathtub in a cabin built by Sam Bowie when we were in Nebraska. And I've been in five earthquakes. As long as you are in a safe place, I will take the earthquake any day.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
I waited through a tornado in a bathtub in a cabin built by Sam Bowie when we were in Nebraska. And I've been in five earthquakes. As long as you are in a safe place, I will take the earthquake any day.

Sam Bowie built a cabin while you were in Nebraska? :mrgreen:

The thing about a tornado is, you can find legit shelter and you can get out of its way.

A BAD earthquake means the ground you stand on is your enemy.

Though I was never in a bad one. The one in Illinois wasn't much, I just cracked my head running down a stair case. The ones in california were memorable but not bad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
RamFan503 said:

No... joke image in support of my give-a-damn about the subject being broken and having more fun with the whole Lemon JELLY Filled donut derailment.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, well, none of you have been attacked by no-see-ums.

So... there's that.

Win.

no-see-ums-on-hand-400.jpg

Well, Selassie might have. These things will get on you like a horde if you're not careful.

And talk about itchy/painful ..... WOW.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
zn said:
RamFan503 said:

No... joke image in support of my give-a-damn about the subject being broken and having more fun with the whole Lemon JELLY Filled donut derailment.

See, you ruined the joke by explaining it. :mrgreen:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
RamFan503 said:

Sam Bowie built a cabin while you were in Nebraska? :mrgreen:

The thing about a tornado is, you can find legit shelter and you can get out of its way.

A BAD earthquake means the ground you stand on is your enemy.

Ha! Yeah - Tellin' yuh man - I'm frickin' :bahumbug: old.

Man I got no use for a damn tornado. That was scary shit. Two of the earthquakes however were actually kinda fun. My wife and I just stood there surfing the ground. The Sylmar (sp?) quake destroyed too much shit around us and our family to be considered fun. My sister almost died in that one when her apartment building crumbled - luckily not her section though.