Looking at 2020 uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I personally love them. Strong Stylization and implementation of horns... from the Beefy Horns on the Helmet to the Horn Outlines, which creates texture and natural highlights inside our Fonts & #'s.

Color is a big part here and they decided to go all out with the Vibrancy. I LOVE THIS. We're an LA Team. We're Flashy. The Colors are a nice west coast / beach color palette.

I even like the 'Bone' Color... even though it's a standard off-white, it's a nice, light jersey that's very different... my only addition would be adding a horn curvature / graphic to the sleeve, like the rest.

Well done!

#NoHate #ArtDirectorApproved

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Color is a big part here and they decided to go all out with the Vibrant Colors.
Is grey really that vibrant? It's boosted by white and banana yellow on the sleeves. The other uniforms are fine the color on them is perfect the gradient and font notwithstanding. But grey is the last color I think of when somebody says vibrant.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Is grey really that vibrant? It's boosted by white and banana yellow on the sleeves. The other uniforms are fine the color on them is perfect the gradient and font notwithstanding. But grey is the last color I think of when somebody says vibrant.

Not what I was saying. When one says Vibrant colors, they generally mean Vibrant colors... like Blue and Yellow. Grey is a background color which helps promote vibrancy of foreground colors like our strong blue and bright yellow.

It's why white sticks out so much. It (grey) is a nice neutral.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have a feeling that when people start seeing these in games any general negative opinion of them will change quite a bit.
Yep. The haters will become fans of the new drip. I would almost guarantee it. Rams fans will always come to their sense, lol. Don't fight it my Rams fan Brothers and sisters.....We have the best gear in the league... STILL!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not what I was saying. When one says Vibrant colors, they generally mean Vibrant colors... like Blue and Yellow. Grey is a background color which helps promote vibrancy of foreground colors like our strong blue and bright yellow.

It's why white sticks out so much. It (grey) is a nice neutral.
So the number on the grey jersey is vibrant and the grey helps the blue to be vibrant? Guess I'm not the art aficionado I thought I was. I see a dull grey with some color on it. Blue and yellow kit is very vibrant though to me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. The haters will become fans of the new drip. I would almost guarantee it. Rams fans will always come to their sense, lol. Don't fight it my Rams fan Brothers and sisters.....We have the best gear in the league... STILL!!
We had the best kit in the league.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I've already begun to come around to them because I'll defend them to the death against the comments from fans of other teams. They're ours to love or hate, if fans of other teams want to come in and trash them then they can get fucked.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I've already begun to come around to them because I'll defend them to the death against the comments from fans of other teams. They're ours to love or hate, if fans of other teams want to come in and trash them then they can get fucked.
I think this is part of why I am all in on the new shit. Us against the fucking world baby. It's also why I got some hate today for my posts about haters. I love all my fellow rams fans, so I should have been more delicate for sure, but I got justgot tired of our own fans ripping stuff before giving it a minute. Regardless, for me it's RAMS TIL THE END!!!

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
So the number on the grey jersey is vibrant and the grey helps the blue to be vibrant? Guess I'm not the art aficionado I thought I was. I see a dull grey with some color on it. Blue and yellow kit is very vibrant though to me.

Okay

HellRam

Starter
I could live with these if it wasn't for the gradient, wierd number design and patches. Who ever said they look like soccer jerseys unfourtnalty nailed it. When you see the comparison to the regular blue and yellows right next to the new one's. To me it's just really disappointing.

Will say I'm liking the bone one a little bit more everytime I see it. However, the regular ones start looking worse and worse.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I personally love them. Strong Stylization and implementation of horns... from the Beefy Horns on the Helmet to the Horn Outlines, which creates texture and natural highlights inside our Fonts & #'s.

Color is a big part here and they decided to go all out with the Vibrancy. I LOVE THIS. We're an LA Team. We're Flashy. The Colors are a nice west coast / beach color palette.

I even like the 'Bone' Color... even though it's a standard off-white, it's a nice, light jersey that's very different... my only addition would be adding a horn curvature / graphic to the sleeve, like the rest.

Well done!

#NoHate #ArtDirectorApproved
This is why you should never let art people design anything. The sub-standard becomes great because it follows some art rules, rather than actually looking good. The unis aren't terrible, but they're just ok. All texture and highlights in the world don't make them good, even if that's the art best practice.

But yeah @bluecoconuts , I'll fight other teams' fans that don't like them.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
This is why you should never let art people design anything. The sub-standard becomes great because it follows some art rules, rather than actually looking good. The unis aren't terrible, but they're just ok. All texture and highlights in the world don't make them good, even if that's the art best practice.

But yeah @bluecoconuts , I'll fight other teams' fans that don't like them.

"Never let art people design anything" ... Yeah okay. Your logic. Don't let professionals do what they're designed to do. Art is subjective. Whoever this designer was, didn't hit the mark in some peoples eyes... SURE, they're COULD be some elements that could be improved... doesn't mean "Art People shouldn't be designers"... when that's exactly what they are. They're good designers and bad designers. Like any profession.

I'll just keep making bank being a great designer and you can keep having your negative thoughts about something you can't control. Have a good life.

The amount of Butthurt and Anger in this thread, about new uniforms. LOL!

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I suppose they are slightly wider. But not by much. And still View attachment 36457View attachment 36458way too much space in between

Here's a better view from Andrew Siciliano on NFL.com--horns are definitely wider in the front.
These horns have soooo much POP and BOOM to them, will look fantastic on TV.
I get it about the space between them, but notice the hexagonal tab thing in the center--had the horns been closer together they'd have to span that gap somehow. NFL will not budge on the structural design of the helmets, they will all have this hexagonal tab thing in order to absorb impact & reduce concussions. No exceptions, not even for Antoneeo Brown.

1589419380645.png

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Well I'll say this for all the jokes we've made about people caring about fashion and such what makes you a fan of a team? Because over time all the players change, the coaches change, heck even the city can change. The only thing that really stays the same (for the most part) is the uniform. Sure maybe it was that one game you saw that made you love football and love that team, but I think for a lot of people it's also the uniform, the uniform is really the identity of the team. It can be really personal for people. So with that said I can understand why people are upset. Personally i'm fine with them but for the guys that are upset over this I do get it, i do and i'm genuinely sorry for your disappointment. I hope that they're able to grow on you over time or if not they Rams do better next go round

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
so whats up with the white jersey

not actually part of the 2020 release ?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think this is part of why I am all in on the new shit. Us against the fucking world baby. It's also why I got some hate today for my posts about haters. I love all my fellow rams fans, so I should have been more delicate for sure, but I got justgot tired of our own fans ripping stuff before giving it a minute. Regardless, for me it's RAMS TIL THE END!!!
It's all about Ramily Brotha! Sorry I got heated...