Logan Bruss, OG Pick #104 - 3rd Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Bruss is not a ‘sexy’ pick, but boy, does he ever seem SOLID.
Cam Akers: "Speak for yourself, Bro! This pick means the coaching brass is dead serious about galvanizing my game!: in football terms, you just can't get any sexier than that!!!"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Could also in McVay fashion sit for a year and take over LG next year if we don't resign Edwards. Either way a pick that makes sense. I would have loved Bryant or Otten but this pick makes a ton of sense.
I also thought the pick was going to be Bryant, however, I will never say no to a big Guard and this guy strength is the running game, so if he starts at RG, they will be running Wisconsin right quite often.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also thought the pick was going to be Bryant, however, I will never say no to a big Guard and this guy strength is the running game, so if he starts at RG, they will be running Wisconsin right quite often.
Yeah love the pick and what it signals potentially from McVay/Carberry but I want Bryant badly hope he's still there in the 4th or we try to move up.

oldnotdead

Legend
Just remember at RG he will be practicing against the best 3T in NFL history. If that doesn't make him better nothing will. To block AD your technique must have no flaws or he will find it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am certainly pleased with this 3rd rd selection.

Snead continues to draft RT's. He just can not help it. Draft after draft. Snead finds it very difficult to resist his ongoing pattern.

Hopefully, this former college starting RT can make a very smooth transition inside to provide this frail & unreliable running game the added strength needed in this 2022 season. 25 starts @ RT, 6 starts @ RG & 3 starts @TE.

I do not really see any viable serious competition coming from this current OL roster for the large HOLE @ RG.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I am certainly pleased with this 3rd rd selection.

Snead continues to draft RT's. He just can not help it. Draft after draft. Snead finds it very difficult to resist his ongoing pattern.

Hopefully, this former college starting RT can make a very smooth transition inside to provide this frail & unreliable running game the added strength needed in this 2022 season. 25 starts @ RT, 6 starts @ RG & 3 starts @TE.

I do not really see any viable serious competition coming from this current OL roster for the large HOLE @ RG.

I'm almost certain he's a guard and not a tackle. Hes wide, stout, and strong AF. Wreaks of inside linemen talent. Handwork was a concern from the scouts but that is something that can be taught. He should be a valuable asset his rookie season if he can beat out Shelton. Which to my surprise had a great season filling last year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“He was starred. He got the gold star, or one of the gold stars of, ‘Hey, we take this player at 104,’” Snead said.

So, why did the Rams turn down trade offers to move back? Because they see Bruss as someone who can compete right away for starting reps at right guard.

Awesome. Bruss stands a good chance to be a starter.

TexasRam

Legend
Assuming he beats out Shelton, I like the depth we have with Shelton ready to fill at guard or center. We saw how important that was last year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Assuming he beats out Shelton, I like the depth we have with Shelton ready to fill at guard or center. We saw how important that was last year.
Absolutely and wasn't Anchrum given some Center time so he put in time at all 5 positions making them 2 very valuable backups with Jackson our backup swing tackle.

oldnotdead

Legend
The difference between Bruss and the other OT's they drafted is Bruss has proven he can play inside. He's done it and done it well. He's a better player at OG which is why he entered the draft as an OG. Can he shift to RT if needed due to injuries there? Probably but they have Jackson as the better option.

Bruss is the kind of RG you want who has proved he can run block at OG. He can pull or simply man up. He's going to face a lot more "games" from the D front in the NFL in pass protection, so that is where he needs to improve. I like this pick. He's your typical mid-round pick. Solid performer, without the flash. Solid play with a good ceiling. He had a round 3-4 grade in this draft, but IMO he's got better potential than Austin Corbett who was taken in the second round. I can see him being a starter for years.

Bruss is as close as you get to being a plug n play OG.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

David Edwards predicted Rams would pick Logan Bruss 3 weeks ago​

1339950646.jpg

Cameron DaSilva /April 30, 2022

David Edwards and Rob Havenstein are both friends with Logan Bruss, all three being Wisconsin alums. They worked out and trained together in Los Angeles when Bruss was preparing for the NFL combine, getting to know each other even better than they already did.

Incredibly, Edwards accurately predicted that the Rams would draft Bruss three weeks ago when they were texting. And not only that, but he called that the Rams would use their third-round pick on him.

Edwards said he had no inside information, either. It was just a hunch – a good one, at that. Bruss is the third former Wisconsin Badger to join the Rams’ offensive line, and could start alongside Edwards and Havenstein.

oldnotdead

Legend
From my draft notes:

Round 3 @ 104

OG Logan Bruss: A targeted player at a targeted position. Logan has prototypical size and build for the position at 6'5", 309 lbs, with 33" arms and big hands at 10.75". He'll be a work in progress but he has all the tools. Will need to work on his pass protection but I see him as a day one starter at RG. He's got good movement skills to make second-level blocks. He's not a road grader but understands blocking angles and looks like a good fit for the gap blocking scheme Carberry is trying to develop. He has a higher ceiling than the guy he will be replacing (Austin Corbett). He still developing but he will be a solid piece of the OL for years to come. Solid value for the pick as his skill set and readiness to play is that of a low second-round pick instead of a bottom of the third round. IMO a bit of a steal.