Lions waive Greg Robinson/Signed by Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Jeffery is a real head scratcher. If you’re looking for a WR and Jeffery is available, you take Quick? Maybe trying too hard to be the smartest guy in the room?
And if they had taken Cordy Glenn they wouldn't have needed to waste their time and money on Jake Long or needed to take Greg Robinson.

That is why Brian Quick was the beginning of the end for Jeff Fisher IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The least we could do as a group is help him come up with a super cool rap name. Hrm allow me to be first...

"G Dizzy" (no insult intended btw to the great Dizzy G).

bi-direction-tripod-turnstiles-250x250.png

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Ah yes, that pesky little cerebral thing
Have you noticed the mantra of Snead and McVay regarding, "smart players"?

I think Snead is an extremely fast learner.
I haven't seen him repeat his mistakes over and over again like Fisher did.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's too bad he has such a weak football IQ. He could be a good OG if he was more cerebral.
Some guys cannot take the lessons into a game. Lack of focus? Can't defeat old bad technique? I'm not sure but it happens.
What has held Robinson back is an inability to play with balance. I've never seen a physically, athletically gifted guy lose his feet more than GR. Glaring technical holes that, come game time, he just couldn't bring the fixes to the field.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You know a team is hurting when they pick up Greg Robinson. This reminds me of the Rams a few years ago picking up these players that were busts on other teams thinking they could somehow turn their careers around. It does not work!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

...and you know...courage. Courage would be good.

And if they had taken Cordy Glenn they wouldn't have needed to waste their time and money on Jake Long or needed to take Greg Robinson.

True. That and promoting unqualified offensive coordinators from within.

The least we could do as a group is help him come up with a super cool rap name. Hrm allow me to be first...

"G Dizzy" (no insult intended btw to the great Dizzy G).

bi-direction-tripod-turnstiles-250x250.png
:LOL: That was pretty funny stuff, there. By the way, that photo of GRob. Not bad. Looking svelt. :sneaky:

You know a team is hurting when they pick up Greg Robinson. This reminds me of the Rams a few years ago picking up these players that were busts on other teams thinking they could somehow turn their careers around. It does not work!

Well, mostly true. Then there is Barron, Easley, ....Sensabaugh.

:banghead: dang it. Went too far again!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
...and you know...courage. Courage would be good.

True. That and promoting unqualified offensive coordinators from within.

:LOL: That was pretty funny stuff, there. By the way, that photo of GRob. Not bad. Looking svelt. :sneaky:

Well, mostly true. Then there is Barron, Easley, ....Sensabaugh.

:banghead: dang it. Went too far again!
Add Joe Barkdale, that was a big turn around by Boudreau.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
As I recalled Joe Barksdale's situation;
Oakland drafted him as a man/power blocker and then switched to a zone system which made him obsolete.

I think he just needed to be in the proper blocking system.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I feel bad for the guy. So much let down after such high praise.

Feel bad for Robinson too.

But yeah that Hue Jackson guy.. such a letdown.
Why feel sorry. He got millions to fail and contribute to the 9 and 7 bullshit

dang

Legend
Why feel sorry. He got millions to fail and contribute to the 9 and 7 bullcrap
You mean the 7-9 bs. 9-7 would have prolonger the suffering. Perhaps 4-12 was the necessary kill shot to mercifully put us out of our misery.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Well, Cordy wasn't obvious, because I remember the more than a dozen discussions I had about him, when some pretty smart people on the forum, back then, said he was a right tackle only. I had him mocked to the Rams. And, like you never heard that Alshon, even though he was favored here. was too slow to make an impact, and had other troubling problems.

Nothing is ever set in stone by teams. Everyone else passed on Alshon to that point. I almost blew a gasket when we passed on Desean Jackson, who I also had mocked to us. Shit happens, teams make mistakes, but what I've always said, and the biggest reason why, Greg Robinson, I got out of the mocking game, is that there are things that we don't or can't possibly know. We don't know the psych evals, or the meetings with the players, or the background reports, or the player's mental football acumen. We just don't know that stuff.

Who brought this thread back, and why? Lol.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm not into mocking or even a draftnick.
My guess of Cordy Glenn was based entirely on common sense.
Glenn being a left guard or left tackle who was scheduled to go in the first round of the draft.
I had just watched Jeff Fisher GUT the o-line.
He got rid of Jason Brown and Jacob Bell and was bringing in stiffs like Quinn Ojannaka.

All we really had was Saffold.
One player does not an o line make.
We also had a franchise quarterback that needed to be developed and protected.
Even taking a skill player like a wide receiver doesn't make sense if you do not have an o line.
Cordy Glenn was a SEC proven player who was scheduled to go in the first round and fell to us in the second.

Taking Cordy Glenn was a no-brainer.

Instead, Fisher proved HE was a no-brainer.